• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Moving to MD, can anyone give a quick rundown

Smurfologist

Springfield by way of Chicago, Virginia, USA
Maryland's Banned (Regulated) Gun List

Does anyone have a link to the most current Maryland Banned (Regulated) Gun List (I may not have the right name for the list)?!? I have been trying to find a list for a friend of mines that lives in MD, but I can't seemed to find it.

Thanks in advance and have a great day!

swinokur

Activist Member
of what I am looking at... I come from a restricted state, CT, which will probably become more restricted over the course of the next few weeks or months, but that is a different story, different fight, different time...

I will be relocating to MD for work, and for the time being will be a permanent resident.

I wont be selling my home here in CT, as such my firearms will remain with my family.

I would like to bring at least one or two firearms to MD for home protection (as i dont hold much hope for a carry permit).

Am i even able to bring with me a firearm into the state which I am planning on living? In CT, if you move here, you may bring your firearms (though you arent able to carry a pistol without a permit) and keep them in your house, without registration or notification, and provided they are not restricted by the AWB here.

I understand there are capacity (10?) restrictions on magazines.

May I bring a shotgun and handgun? .... maybe a compliant black rifle?

Is there any hoops to jump through as far establishing residency?

One a gun a month law sucks... do I need a permit/license to purchase?

You can be assured I wont take anything as solid proof without researching the statutes, but my move is a long ways off and id like to know in general what situation im looking at...

Thank you for the time...

Technically no registration. Bring your guns. No permit to purchase but you'll need to prove residency to buy.Make sure you travel according to MD statute 4-203 and be engaged in one of the allowed activities. (going between your residences) Mag limit is 20 (for now anyway). IANAL so take this as unofficial.

Last edited:

Forty-five

of what I am looking at... I come from a restricted state, CT, which will probably become more restricted over the course of the next few weeks or months, but that is a different story, different fight, different time...

I will be relocating to MD for work, and for the time being will be a permanent resident.

I wont be selling my home here in CT, as such my firearms will remain with my family.

I would like to bring at least one or two firearms to MD for home protection (as i dont hold much hope for a carry permit).

Am i even able to bring with me a firearm into the state which I am planning on living? In CT, if you move here, you may bring your firearms (though you arent able to carry a pistol without a permit) and keep them in your house, without registration or notification, and provided they are not restricted by the AWB here.

I understand there are capacity (10?) restrictions on magazines.

May I bring a shotgun and handgun? .... maybe a compliant black rifle?

Is there any hoops to jump through as far establishing residency?

One a gun a month law sucks... do I need a permit/license to purchase?

You can be assured I wont take anything as solid proof without researching the statutes, but my move is a long ways off and id like to know in general what situation im looking at...

Thank you for the time...

Where in MD is the new job located? Would living in VA be an option?

GHF

MD Working

Two comments.

1. Can you live in Pennsylvania? Might be a good location, if you are working near Baltimore.
  2. Can you take the Metro to work? That means Northern VA is good.

RR917

Thank you for all the replies fellas...

Last edited:

trailblazer2003

Thank you for all the replies fellas...

unfortunately living outside of state is not an option due to benefits of the relocation package offered to me.

What has also been on my mind and would like to know if anyone can shed any light on it...

Would having a government clearance and working with classified information be any qualifier to be issued a permit to carry?

Unless you know a politician really really well, or have deep pockets to get to know one, your chances are likely slim to none.