• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Would you carry a gun like this?

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
I would proudly open carry one.

If you gave it to me and supplied me with trounds.

I'd carry it if for no other reason than that folks would want to slowly back away from me once they saw that on my hip.

PM me with your contact info so we can arrange the transfer. The FFL I use has no problems accepting from non-FFLs.

stay safe.

EMNofSeattle

Okay provided that the ammo cost was not any higher than normal ammo costs.

Back when it was built the ammo cost for it was the same as brass ammo.

maybe. if Owned one. chances are if I own a variety of pistols I'm going to carry each of them at least once unless they were true collectors pieces.

if the Dardick was a standard type of pistol with common ammo I'd have no problem with carrying one. they functioned well... just the idea was a solution in search of a real problem IMO. in it's current status with the gun and ammo rare and expensive... absolutely not because it's too valuable to lose or break or have stolen. if the dardick were a common or semi common gun then yeah I'd carry one.

but as far as value goes, a colt python range of cost.. like 1500-2000 dollars is absolutely the highest value firearm i'm willing to carry as a defense tool. and even that only for special circumstances.

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
I found some ammunition if you want to shoot yours.

RARE DARDIK TROUNDS - These are from the Glory Days of the Dardik triangular bullet company of the 60's. True dinosaurs! .50 caliber Dardik triangular fired case with primer... $9.95 20mm Dardik triangular fired case (few only)... $59.95 Super rare 20mm rock drill cartridge - Dardik's only commercial success. This was a rock drill gun and if drilling hit a snag it shot three ceramic bullets in to the holes to pulverized the snag. Sales men demo cartridge with clear case so you can see the components. Super neat! (Few only!) $99.95

Fallschirjmäger

That gun, no; a gun like that, yes.
The Dardick was a less than stellar execution of a good idea. I think something in the same line, used in a rotating cylinder automatic weapon could have some merit in terms of extracting heat, allowing the cylinders to cool, and perhaps even being able to be fed without needing a belt.

I played around with the idea a few times in CAD trying to design a semi-auto that used 'Trounds', but was never able to find a way to fill a magazine that by design wouldn't have or need feed lips.

Freedom1Man

That gun, no; a gun like that, yes.
The Dardick was a less than stellar execution of a good idea. I think something in the same line, used in a rotating cylinder automatic weapon could have some merit in terms of extracting heat, allowing the cylinders to cool, and perhaps even being able to be fed without needing a belt.

I played around with the idea a few times in CAD trying to design a semi-auto that used 'Trounds', but was never able to find a way to fill a magazine that by design wouldn't have or need feed lips.

OT question. What CAD software were you using? What were you basing your numbers on? What about the materials being used?

If it was SolidWorks, I would love to take a look at how far you got. If I made any improvements I would send the data back to you.