Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Another College Shooting

Another College Shooting

There's been another shooting at a tech. college in Houston. At least 2 people shot so far. PD still searching for a 3rd suspect.

Dennis in Idaho
    "Those who Talk, Don't Do,
    Those who Do, Don't Talk!"

Quote Originally Posted by DLeeHarley View Post
    There's been another shooting at a tech. college in Houston. At least 2 people shot so far. PD still searching for a 3rd suspect.

Dennis in Idaho
    "Those who Talk, Don't Do,
    Those who Do, Don't Talk!"
    So, what drugs was the shooter using?
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

It appears there are more than one shooter. How is legal campus carry working for them (Texas Colleges are not gun-free zones, from what I understand)?--we'll see.

I'm curious how someone reconciles blaming medication, while denying that firearms has something to do with it.
    Last edited by Beretta92FSLady; 01-22-2013 at 02:43 PM.
    I don't mind watching the OC-Community (tea party 2.0's, who have hijacked the OC-Community) cannibalize itself. I do mind watching OC dragged through the gutter. OC is an exercise of A Right. I choose to not OC; I choose to not own firearms. I choose to leave the OC-Community to it's own self-inflicted injuries, and eventual implosion. Carry on...

Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    It appears there are more than one shooter. How is legal campus carry working for them (Texas Colleges are not gun-free zones, from what I understand)?--we'll see.

I'm curious how someone reconciles blaming medication, while denying that firearms has something to do with it.
    No not yet from what I found so far, trying to find more update info.

http://www.usacarry.com/concealed-ca...lege-campuses/
    http://texas.concealedcampus.org/
    Last edited by zack991; 01-22-2013 at 03:01 PM.
    -I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery. But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes: If you screw with me, I'll kill you all.
    -Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.
    Marine General James Mattis,

If you feel the firearms caused this, then shouldn't you be turning yours in?

Campus Carry is brought up in almost every Texas legislative session, it has yet to be passed.

http://kfyo.com/gop-strategist-matt-...session-audio/
    Last edited by WalkingWolf; 01-22-2013 at 03:09 PM.
    It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Banned
    The Harris County Sheriff's Office is on the scene, as well as other law enforcement agencies, including ATF agents called to respond.

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?sec...ews&id=8963824

Why the ATF involved?

109 shootings in Chicago so far this year ! Houston seems to be doing better...
    http://crimeinchicago.blogspot.com/s...e%20Scoreboard

It is not even know if the 2 gunmen had anything to do with the college yet.When i lived in Houston there was crime everywhere so probably some drug dealer or just 2 idiots f---ing it up for the law abiding citizens.

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    The Harris County Sheriff's Office is on the scene, as well as other law enforcement agencies, including ATF agents called to respond.

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?sec...ews&id=8963824

Why the ATF involved?

109 shootings in Chicago so far this year ! Houston seems to be doing better...
    http://crimeinchicago.blogspot.com/s...e%20Scoreboard
    We have drug raids here all the time and the ATF is involved. The federal invasion of out local and state police has become Keystone and common.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013...olice-say?lite

Three people were reported shot when gunfire erupted at a Houston-area community college, law enforcement sources said.

NBC station KPRC-TV reported that police had one person in custody and were searching a subdivision near the North Harris campus of Lone Star College to determine if another person who fled the scene could be a possible suspect.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/01/22...est=latestnews

DEVELOPING: Two people were shot Tuesday on Lone Star College’s campus located in north Houston, a school spokeswoman told Fox News.
    It is unclear if there was more than one gunman, but one person is in custody. Police are treating the scene as though there is an active shooter and searching the nearby woodland for a possible second shooter. The shooting is said to have stemmed from a confrontation between two people near the school’s learning lab.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/01/22...#ixzz2Ijllelfk
    Last edited by slapmonkay; 01-22-2013 at 03:13 PM.
    I Am Not A Lawyer, verify all facts presented independently.

It's called the "American Dream" because you have to be asleep to believe it. - George Carlin

I carry a spare tire, in case I have a flat. I carry life insurance, in case I die. I carry a gun, in case I need it.

Maybe what we need is tougher laws for idiots who are such cowards they can't settle things any other way live by the sword die by the sword line them up ready aim fire problem solved.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by linerider69 View Post
    Maybe what we need is tougher laws for idiots who are such cowards they can't settle things any other way live by the sword die by the sword line them up ready aim fire problem solved.
    They should re-authorize dueling .... let them shoot at each other...any states still allow dueling?

Why they got rid of this time honored tradition is a mystery.

Another College Shooting

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom1Man View Post
    So, what drugs was the shooter using?
    I think it's too early to speculate anything. I also think its important that we not pounce on each other.
    =============================
    NRA Certified Instructor & Range Safety Officer
    Teaching classes in Lorton VA & Springfield VA
    PM me if you need a class, RSO or safety briefing

I agree Steeler-Gal

Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post

Campus Carry is brought up in almost every Texas legislative session, it has yet to be passed.

I didn't state that I feel, or that firearms caused this.
    I don't mind watching the OC-Community (tea party 2.0's, who have hijacked the OC-Community) cannibalize itself. I do mind watching OC dragged through the gutter. OC is an exercise of A Right. I choose to not OC; I choose to not own firearms. I choose to leave the OC-Community to it's own self-inflicted injuries, and eventual implosion. Carry on...

Maybe this will be the tipping point to get it passed.
    -I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery. But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes: If you screw with me, I'll kill you all.
    -Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.
    Marine General James Mattis,

I didn't state that I feel, or that firearms caused this.
    Yes you did, don't you read your own posts?

Last edited by WalkingWolf; 01-22-2013 at 03:27 PM.
    Robert E. Lee
    President Donald Trump

How about a National shoot your local drug dealer day i would support that.LoL

Yes you did, don't you read your own posts?
    No, I didn't. You must be messing with me.

Quote Originally Posted by linerider69 View Post
    How about a National shoot your local drug dealer day i would support that.LoL
    I was thinking something along those lines.
    Last edited by Beretta92FSLady; 01-22-2013 at 03:31 PM.

No, I didn't. You must be messing with me.
    Honestly I think you are messing with yourself, your post clearly indicated you believe firearms "had something to do with it".

Now you deny it!?

You should lay off that kool-aid for a while, you might be able to see things more clearly.
    Robert E. Lee
    President Donald Trump

Honestly I think you are messing with yourself, your post clearly indicated you believe firearms "had something to do with it".

Now you deny it!?

You should lay off that kool-aid for a while, you might be able to see things more clearly.
    I didn't state that firearms had something to do with it. I haven't changed any of the posts you are referencing.--aside from an update I made, initially.
    Last edited by Beretta92FSLady; 01-22-2013 at 03:37 PM.

I didn't state that firearms had something to do with it. I haven't changed any of the posts you are referencing.
    OK so explain your post? Why did make a reference to another member that "'I'm curious how someone reconciles blaming medication, while denying that firearms has something to do with it"

Did you or did you not post the above?
    Robert E. Lee
    President Donald Trump

OK so explain your post? Why did make a reference to another member that "'I'm curious how someone reconciles blaming medication, while denying that firearms has something to do with it"

Did you or did you not post the above?
    Yes, I posted the above, and it states nothing to me believing firearms had something to do with it.

Apparently there were two shooters, shooting at one another. The presumption ought not be that both shooters were involved in a not justified act.

(Reuters) - Shooting broke out between two people on the campus of Lone Star College near Houston on Tuesday and there were three injuries, including one of the shooters, police and a school spokesman said. http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/...90L0XQ20130122
    Last edited by Beretta92FSLady; 01-22-2013 at 03:41 PM.

Yes, I posted the above, and it states nothing to me believing firearms had something to do with it.
    Well I think when you attack someone on their denial of firearms being the cause, it is pretty clear where you are at. JMHO
    Robert E. Lee
    President Donald Trump

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast