Thread: Interesting movie

Interesting movie

At least its not a copy or another remake. Looks like a good movie to go see.
    http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/i...mpushasfallen/

When the White House (Secret Service Code: "Olympus") is captured by a terrorist mastermind and the President is kidnapped, disgraced former Presidential guard Mike Banning finds himself trapped within the building. As our national security team scrambles to respond, they are forced to rely on Banning's inside knowledge to help retake the White House, save the President, and avert an even bigger disaster.
    Last edited by zack991; 01-29-2013 at 04:55 AM.
    -I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery. But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes: If you screw with me, I'll kill you all.
    -Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.
    Marine General James Mattis,

Banned
    Die Hard in the White House?

I'd be hard pressed to be a Secret Service agent protecting this president. While I would always do my duty, I'd have a hard time believing that saving the current resident of 1600 would be the best way to protect the Constitution from all enemies, foreign and domestic.

Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    Die Hard in the White House?

I'd be hard pressed to be a Secret Service agent protecting this president. While I would always do my duty, I'd have a hard time believing that saving the current resident of 1600 would be the best way to protect the Constitution from all enemies, foreign and domestic.
    Speaking of Die hard there is another one coming out. Agreed on the rest of your post.
    http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/f...ddaytodiehard/

And a Red 2
    http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/summit/red2/
    -I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery. But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes: If you screw with me, I'll kill you all.
    -Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.
    Marine General James Mattis,

Banned
    No zombies no girl ninjas no monsters ... not for me...

I already think there are terrorists in the WH now ...

I can go with the suspension of disbelief thing pretty much as well as the next person.

But "disgraced former Presidential guard Mike Banning finds himself trapped within the building"??

The only way I can see a disgraced former SS officer being trapped in the building is if he were a terrorist himself, and had already taken out all of the plain-clothed and most of the uniformed SS guards.

Anything even remotely smelling of "Oh, Mike, please come back and help us with this problem that we cannot solve but the dumbest dimwit in the audience has three options and five contingencie plans for each option" will get me demanding my money back. (That is, if I did spend money to go watch movies. Haven't you heard that movie theaters are dangerous places? )

Could it be I'm getting a bit pickey in my old age? (And get off my lawn!)

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

I didn't watch the trailer but it sounds like Paul Blart:Mall Cop
    "Public opinion and votes have nothing to do with this. The challenge of the Court is not what they're going to do with votes. The challenge-- of the Court is are they going to protect people's rights." - Al Sharpton