• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Interesting movie

zack991

At least its not a copy or another remake. Looks like a good movie to go see.
http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/independent/olympushasfallen/

When the White House (Secret Service Code: "Olympus") is captured by a terrorist mastermind and the President is kidnapped, disgraced former Presidential guard Mike Banning finds himself trapped within the building. As our national security team scrambles to respond, they are forced to rely on Banning's inside knowledge to help retake the White House, save the President, and avert an even bigger disaster.

Last edited:

eye95

Die Hard in the White House?

I'd be hard pressed to be a Secret Service agent protecting this president. While I would always do my duty, I'd have a hard time believing that saving the current resident of 1600 would be the best way to protect the Constitution from all enemies, foreign and domestic.

zack991

Die Hard in the White House?

I'd be hard pressed to be a Secret Service agent protecting this president. While I would always do my duty, I'd have a hard time believing that saving the current resident of 1600 would be the best way to protect the Constitution from all enemies, foreign and domestic.

Speaking of Die hard there is another one coming out. Agreed on the rest of your post.
http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/fox/agooddaytodiehard/

And a Red 2
http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/summit/red2/

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
I can go with the suspension of disbelief thing pretty much as well as the next person.

But "disgraced former Presidential guard Mike Banning finds himself trapped within the building"??

The only way I can see a disgraced former SS officer being trapped in the building is if he were a terrorist himself, and had already taken out all of the plain-clothed and most of the uniformed SS guards.

Anything even remotely smelling of "Oh, Mike, please come back and help us with this problem that we cannot solve but the dumbest dimwit in the audience has three options and five contingencie plans for each option" will get me demanding my money back. (That is, if I did spend money to go watch movies. Haven't you heard that movie theaters are dangerous places? :eek: )

Could it be I'm getting a bit pickey in my old age? (And get off my lawn!)

stay safe.