Thread: Bill 161 in the judicary committee - what "permit" are they talking about????

Banned

Bill 161 in the judicary committee - what "permit" are they talking about????

hat the general statutes be amended with respect to firearms, assault weapons and ammunition to: (1) Prohibit individuals from possessing certain ammunition feeding devices that accept more than ten rounds; (2) designate a semiautomatic rifle as an assault weapon under subparagraph (A) of subdivision (3) of subsection (a) of section 53-202a of the general statutes if such rifle has only one of the enumerated features set forth in said subparagraph, rather than two of such enumerated features as currently provided; (3) require a permit for any rifle with a pistol grip; (4) exempt from the provisions of subdivisions (1), (2) and (3) of this section firearms defined as curios or relics under 27 CFR 478.11 that are owned by a collector under subsections (c) and (d) of 27 CFR 478.41; (5) require a person to obtain a permit in order to purchase ammunition and prohibit the purchase of ammunition by any person who is not legally authorized to possess a firearm; (6) prohibit the purchase of ammunition through the Internet; (7) amend section 53a-217 and chapter 529 of the general statutes to prohibit the storage of any firearm, rather than only a loaded firearm as currently provided, and ammunition in a manner that allows access by a person under the age of eighteen, rather than a person under the age of sixteen as currently provided; and (8) require individuals to register all firearms with state law enforcement officials, and require biennial renewal of such registration. see referenced 53-202a here:
    http://www.ct.gov/despp/lib/despp/sl...lt_weapons.pdf

I'd like to know the same thing; what "permit" are they talking about?

I strongly oppose all of the above. it's pretty similar to what NY passed illegally and unconstitutionally.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by motoxmann View Post

I strongly oppose all of the above. it's pretty similar to what NY passed illegally and unconstitutionally.
    I assume that the person who authored it used the java script previously posted lol

Typical drug-induced writings of an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by motoxmann View Post
    If you are talking about the permit for any gun with a pistol grip I am going out on a limb and say they are talking about a whole new type of permit, just for this type of gun. You will probably need one even if you have a pistol permit, remember the wording in this is not set, it simply an idea giving them a blank check to now sit down and write it anyway they want....
    Member:, NRA Patron Life, NSSF, CCDL, CT Carry, MRPC and Bell City
    NRA Certified Instructor, Chief Range Safety Officer - Basic Pistol, Home Firearm Safety, Metallic Cartridge/Shotgun Shell Reloading - www.ctpistolpermit.com