Thread: Roseburg police, AWESOME!

Banned

Roseburg police, AWESOME!

Thanks Warren for this video, best PD interaction to date! Nothing makes me happier than seeing a thumbs up from local police.

Great Job Warren, Great job Roseburg PD! They deserve the sunshine when Salem was cold and foggy!

Roseburg Oregon Police, Open Carry AR-15
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olPkAYsNmQY

Founder's Club Member
    "Your constitutional rights are..." ? How about the cop's and everybody else's natural rights?

Arrogance, and perhaps public-relations tactic aside, that was a pretty good police encounter from the police side. (I suppose it could have been a sophisticated consensual investigative encounter. For example, if the videographer had been a bit stiffer or less friendly, the cop could have escalated.)

Of course, the true test is how the cop behaves when you invoke your 4th Amendment (search and seizure) right to refuse consent to an encounter, and then refuse to talk or answer questions.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    "Your constitutional rights are..." ? How about the cop's and everybody else's natural rights?

Arrogance, and perhaps public-relations tactic aside, that was a pretty good police encounter from the police side. (I suppose it could have been a sophisticated consensual investigative encounter. For example, if the videographer had been a bit stiffer or less friendly, the cop could have escalated.)

Of course, the true test is how the cop behaves when you invoke your 4th Amendment (search and seizure) right to refuse consent to an encounter, and then refuse to talk or answer questions.
    I'm working on that with him.....LOL When we were out in Medford I tried to get him to keep walking unless the cops said "stop".....which would have been an unlawful detainment. At least they just "said hi" and went on their way without his last name or either of mine after a short consensual stop (since we did stop when they came up from behind without saying anything).
    "The Second Amendment speaks nothing to an unfettered Right". (Post # 100)
    "Restrictions are not infringements. Bans are infringements.--if it reaches beyond Reasonable bans". (Post # 103)
    Beretta92FSLady
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...ons-Bill/page5

Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer, nothing in any of my posts should be considered legal advice. If you need legal advice, consult a reputable attorney, not an internet forum.