Thread: The politics of U.S. gun control: Q & A with Jennifer Dawn Carlson

The politics of U.S. gun control: Q & A with Jennifer Dawn Carlson

U of T News asked Jenny Dawn Carlson for her take on Obama's proposals. Carlson, an expert on gun policy in the United States, joins the University of Toronto's Department of Sociology in July of 2013.

http://www.news.utoronto.ca/politics...r-dawn-carlson
    "Liberty's too precious a thing to be buried in books...Men should hold it up in front of them every single day of their lives and say: 'I'm free to think and to speak. My ancestors couldn't. I can. And my children will."
    ,,, So Mote Be

Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.-- JC

Re: The politics of U.S. gun control: Q & A with Jennifer Dawn Carlson

Quote Originally Posted by Master Control View Post
    U of T News asked Jenny Dawn Carlson for her take on Obama's proposals. Carlson, an expert on gun policy in the United States, joins the University of Toronto's Department of Sociology in July of 2013.

http://www.news.utoronto.ca/politics...r-dawn-carlson
    Thanks for posting this MC. Ms. Carlson is a bright star in a dark sea of biased researchers.
    Her points on MI are spot on. I hate to admit it but I am very glad to have left. I hope one day soon MI comes to be a more free place to live and a more financially stable place as well.
    Last edited by FreeInAZ; 01-23-2013 at 04:25 PM.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "You must be the change you wish to see in the world" by Mahatma Gandhi

“Your beliefs become your thoughts. Your thoughts become your words. Your words become your actions. Your actions become your habits. Your habits become your values. Your values become your destiny.” by Mahatma Gandhi

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by FreeInAZ View Post
    Thanks for posting this MC. Ms. Carlson is a bright star in a dark sea of biased researchers.
    Her points on MI are spot on. I hate to admit it but I am very glad to have left. I hope one day soon MI comes to be a more free place to live and a more financially stable place as well.
    Having been part of Jenny's MI study and being a Michigander for 55 years,I would say that since the 90' Preemption and 01' "Shall Issue" passage,MI is gaining in Firearm Freedoms and We need to Keep Fighting for repeal of the remainder of The "Infringements" of Our State Constitution! It's good to see Jenny's Expertise and Wisdom in print as it was a pleasure to discuss Firearm Wisdom with her when We did lunch in 2010! Maybe she can influence our neighbors to the north! CARRY ON!
    Today JESUS would tell me to sell my coat and buy two Springfield XD Compact 45acp's!

NRA LIFER,GOA,MOC Inc.,CLSD,MCRGO,UAW! MOLON LABE!!

Quote Originally Posted by hamaneggs View Post
    Having been part of Jenny's MI study and being a Michigander for 55 years,I would say that since the 90' Preemption and 01' "Shall Issue" passage,MI is gaining in Firearm Freedoms and We need to Keep Fighting for repeal of the remainder of The "Infringements" of Our State Constitution! It's good to see Jenny's Expertise and Wisdom in print as it was a pleasure to discuss Firearm Wisdom with her when We did lunch in 2010! Maybe she can influence our neighbors to the north! CARRY ON!
    +1