Thread: Lawmaker Wants Gun Owners To Tell Schools (St. Louis, MO)

Exclamation Lawmaker Wants Gun Owners To Tell Schools (St. Louis, MO)

A Missouri lawmaker will unveil a proposal today calling for parents to tell their kids' schools if they own guns.

http://www.971talk.com/news/article....eGroupId=21138
    Call your reps and call your neighbors. This may not see the light of day re Jeff City, but the implications are profound and liberals are patient.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    Call your reps and call your neighbors. This may not see the light of day re Jeff City, but the implications are profound and liberals are patient.
    More from the Good Senator.
    According to a release from the Senator’s office Senate Bill 124 will make, “failing to prevent illegal firearm possession, it creates the offense of negligent storage of a firearm and it requires a parent or guardian enrolling a child in school to notify the school district or the governing body of a private or charter school that the parent or guardian owns a firearm.”

http://fox2now.com/2013/01/22/gun-ow...d-legislation/
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

More from the Good Senator.
    SB 124

http://www.senate.mo.gov/11info/pdf-...ntro/SB124.pdf

Delete.....wrong bill.

Delete.....wrong bill.
    More sources.

Failure to notify the school under this act is an infraction, punishable by a fine of up to $100. If a person is found guilty of negligent storage of a firearm and has failed to notify the school of firearm ownership, the person must be fined $1,000 in addition to any other penalties authorized by law.”

http://mopns.com/2013/01/14/sen-chap...hey-own-a-gun/
    It sure would be nice to have my edit post functionality restored.

ill register my ruger nerf gun and S&W waterpistol with the schools
    Constantly choosing the lesser of two evils is still choosing evil.

Lawmaker Wants Gun Owners To Tell Schools (St. Louis, MO)

Gun? What gun? Oh you mean this deadly pen! I don't believe it's any of there business.. And we all are responsible for our guns already.. Or are suppose to be and held accountable.

-Matt of Hillsboro OR-

thats an assault pen. if it has more than one assault feature such as a clip or a gel grip handle then it needs to be banned. i am tired of these assault pens.
    Constantly choosing the lesser of two evils is still choosing evil.

Banned
    "my daddy says he has a missile in his pants"

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    My coworkers think I'm nuts now because I laughed so hard at this. Thank you. lol.

Haha!!! That's really awesome!!

-Matt of Hillsboro OR-

sounds like another means of revenue enforcement

dont do as we tell you to you will pay a fine...

what a crock of sh!t
    HOPE FOR THE BEST, EXPECT THE WORST, PREPARE FOR WAR

You get what you vote for.
    Don't confuse me with the facts, I have my emotions!

I guess that's the difference between no crime and "stopping" a crime in progress. I prefer no crime.

Quote Originally Posted by Packer fan View Post
    You get what you vote for.
    thankfully i didnt vote for them.
    HOPE FOR THE BEST, EXPECT THE WORST, PREPARE FOR WAR

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    He calls it "Civil Service". It won't work and he can't fire it!!
    "Happiness is a warm shotgun!!"
    "I am neither a pessimist nor a cynic. I am, rather, a realist."
    "The most dangerous things I've ever encountered were a Second Lieutenant with a map and a compass and a Private who was bored and had time on his hands."

I'm noticing that none of you has mentioned (yet) as to whether or not these same requirements and penalties will be required of law enforcement officers, the FBI, the BATFE, and any other armed government agency, entity, employee, or representative within the jurisdiction of Missouri.

Remember, CCW information is not a matter of public record. There is NOTHING within the law to protect gun ownership information that would be reported to the schools from being released to the public under this bill. In essence, this would be backdoor registration in Missouri. This will be an absolute DO NOT comply situation.
    Last edited by REALteach4u; 02-05-2013 at 02:29 PM.

The singular issue is whether or not your kids will be asked if you decline to participate. I have made it very clear that they are not to answer any questions related to this subject. Also, they must inform me if they are asked and who asked them.

This bill is dead

This bill wil lnever get a hearing in General Laws, it is DEAD, done, gone!

As far as information on firearms or CCW permits in Missouri goes, this is the only information made public from the records that I know of:

http://dor.mo.gov/publicreports/di35...wcr_report.txt
    If you pull it, you use it. If you pull it and you don't use it, you've done some thing wrong and you might not get another chance. Think about it before you pack it!
    I worked 24/7 for 2A OC rights! Don't like what I did? Try it yourself, it was my full time job!
    Certified NRA Range Safety Officer - RSO