Thread: Connecticut Carry - HB 5268 moves forward

Connecticut Carry - HB 5268 moves forward

Connecticut Carry is dedicated to advancing and protecting the fundamental civil rights of the men and women of Connecticut to keep and bear arms for self defense of themselves and the state as guaranteed by the United States Constitution and the Constitution of Connecticut.

Join us and discuss the issues: http://ctcarry.com/Forum

how has this even made it this far? so rediculous.

I see a vote has already taken place, 10 yay, 4 nay, 5 absent/not voting. is that the vote for actually passing the bill to law? or is that a vote just for the change of reference as labelled in that pdf?

what's the next step?

I believe that vote just moved it along to the next committee. We need to keep up the pressure, but on the new committee.
    Connecticut Carry is dedicated to advancing and protecting the fundamental civil rights of the men and women of Connecticut to keep and bear arms for self defense of themselves and the state as guaranteed by the United States Constitution and the Constitution of Connecticut.

Join us and discuss the issues: http://ctcarry.com/Forum

Does the kind of insurance required even exist?

Quote Originally Posted by randian View Post
    Does the kind of insurance required even exist?
    It cannot be constitutional to impose a discriminatory tax selectively impinging on the expression of a fundamental Constitutional right, right? Heller already rejected the concept that the 2nd Amendment right can be treated as less worthy than the other fundamental rights--so ff this passes it will end up on the ash heap of CT bills being ruled unconstitutional. Unfortunately it will take several years and court cases to get there. A great way to waste taxpayers' funds while insulting the Bill of Rights.

Banned
    I foresee people kidnapping the children of the legislators to ransom them for cash to pay the tax.

Oh well....sucks to be them

Quote Originally Posted by SWY View Post
    It cannot be constitutional to impose a discriminatory tax selectively impinging on the expression of a fundamental Constitutional right, right?
    Right, but unless you can get a preliminary injunction against the requirement (has one ever been granted for a 2A case?) you're stuck with the mandated insurance for the duration of litigation (years), and possibly without a gun entirely if nobody offers it (which I presume is the hope of the authors of this bill). "Nobody offering it" could be helped along with changes in insurance regulations.

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    i foresee people kidnapping the children of the legislators to ransom them for cash to pay the tax.

we advocate for the law abiding only
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

NRA Member

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by EMNofSeattle View Post
    we advocate for the law abiding only
    Not an advocation , just a foreseeing .. this bill has zero chance ... I will write a statement when it gets to the finance committee hearing

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    I foresee people kidnapping the children of the legislators to ransom them for cash to pay the tax.

...........................Example #2

Banned

don't worry - i filed a FOIA request with the sponsor of the bill

Asking him what the heck he is talking about and all records in respect to the bill ..

I assume he has zero records, he's talking out of his ass will be the result

COMMENTS REMOVED BY ADMINISTRATOR: Inappropriate
    Last edited by John Pierce; 01-25-2013 at 04:51 PM.