• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Concealed Carry

MikeJN

Ok fellas,

I want to know if there is any way to get around the 21 year old age for concealed carry in Louisiana. I am going to begin shortly training for to be a body guard. I have been training with firearms for about the last 4 years with an expert in personal protection who is a friend of mine and I want to be able to take up on some of his business offers, but can't because they require me to carry concealed and I am only 19. Is there any way to get around this for business purposes?

MKEgal

Welcome to Open Carry dot Org
I suggest you look at the info available from www.handgunlaw.us to learn about concealed carry in LA. (Link below.) The first page of their PDF has links to the LA state sites which are of interest to concealed carriers.
You could also look through the state statutes online (link is on the first page of the handgunlaw PDF) & search for regulations relating to your interests.
Or how about calling the licensing board overseeing bodyguards? Surely they'd know if there were any "special people" exceptions to the law.
http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/louisiana.pdf

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
Louisiana accepts the Maine permit. Maine issues permits to 18+.

I glossed over the regs and didn't see an additional requirement to be 21 to carry with a valid Maine permit. Some states do specify that in addition to needing 21+ to apply for their permits.

Look into that option.

http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/maine.pdf