• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Assault weapon ban Thursday

Sheldon

from http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog...-national-assault-weapon-ban-coming-thursday/

Black Thursday...

Sen. Dianne Feinstein’s office confirmed that she will be introducing in the Senate Thursday a new version of the so-called assault weapon ban. A spokesman said the full text will be released at a press conference on Thursday.

The California Democrat intends to expand on the ban that expired in 2004, by including handguns and shotguns, in addition to rifles. She would decrease from two to one the number of cosmetic features on a gun to have it be considered an “assault weapon.” This means that if a gun has just one item like a pistol grip or bayonet lug, then it is illegal. Gov. Andrew Cuomo signed into law the same ban in New York last week.

CALL YOUR REPRESENTIVE AND VOICE YOUR OPINION ASAP!!!

Last edited:

linerider69

Saw this posted it also it would seriously cripple the American people trying to defend their family and country from the tyrannical government that is in power now. People need to organize against the powers that be and let them know we won't just roll over for this.

F350

Close to the way it ought to be.

And you said that when there was talk of the Republicans doing this as well; RIGHT???

I also expect you have never read anything about WHY the founders set things up the way they did either? Never heard the analogy of the tea cup and saucer??

Last edited:

skeith5

I'm listening on cnn, trying not to throw up. They keep saying they want to respect the rights of legal gun owners. By taking away one of the best selling firearms? I think that speaks more than some biased poll...

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

palerider116

And you said that when there was talk of the Republicans doing this as well; RIGHT???

I also expect you have never read anything about WHY the founders set things up the way they did either? Never heard the analogy of the tea cup and saucer??

This suspicion is shared by me. But no, she would be beside herself at a Republican monopoly.

Beretta92FSLady

What they are debating about is not in the Constitution...or is it?

motoxmann

I sincerely hope you are right but can we afford inaction on our part, for caution is the superior virtue here.

this is Feinstein herself's methods, a psychological tactic, secretly assuring the people that it will not actually pass, giving us confidence in it not passing, effectively causing us to not put effort into ensuring it doesnt pass, which in turn gives it a better chance of passing.

berettachic = feinstein

Mattimusmaximus

I concur I watched as they said it looks like its surly not to pass.. But it's a tac-tic to get us comfortable.. I read what they are doing in New York an it sickens me.. Not to sound like a conspiracy nut but along with this I heard from some friends in the military whom don't want to be named that those who won't fulfill there contract by "defending our country foreign or DOMESTIC" are being let go. Just cause shooting our own people is hard to do.. Any way no need to reply I'm working on uncovering that one myself

-Matt of Hillsboro OR-

palerider116

I concur I watched as they said it looks like its surly not to pass.. But it's a tac-tic to get us comfortable.. I read what they are doing in New York an it sickens me.. Not to sound like a conspiracy nut but along with this I heard from some friends in the military whom don't want to be named that those who won't fulfill there contract by "defending our country foreign or DOMESTIC" are being let go. Just cause shooting our own people is hard to do.. Any way no need to reply I'm working on uncovering that one myself

-Matt of Hillsboro OR-

You will be persecuted here for that line of thinking.

Keep your head on a swivel.

PFC HALE

Fear-mongering BS. So she's putting forward a Bill; she is anti-gun. Thank goodness it has no chance in hell-fire of passing.

sitting back expecting nothing will happen to our freedoms has led us to this point of our freedoms being encroached or infringed upon further and further.

you little girl can sit back and continue to believe nothing will happen as the 1994 AWB was passed and thankfully expired. by no means am i sitting back feeling it cant happen AGAIN.

you are a blind fool for not having the intelligence to understand and see history repeat itself, and possibly with this new AWB.

SHAME ON YOU.

Last edited:

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
I have to wonder if these people ever give thought to the number of businesses that could be put out of business if something like this were to ever become law. I remember when Clinton was in office, AlGore made a really asinine statement one summer (he's made many but this is just an example of his ignorance of basic economics).

The summer of 1993 was a particularly hot and dry one in the Washington, DC metro area. I had a boat which lived in a wet slip on the Aquia Creek, four miles in from its mouth at the Potomac. Though fresh water, my boat started getting barnacles on its hull and outdrive from salt water coming up from the Chesapeake Bay because of the lack of rain to cause river flow into the bay.

Anyway, AlGore suggested curtailing boating in the area to cut down on pollutants. Boating. This causes almost no pollutants when compared to other sources. But boats are visible and are signs of a wealthy local economy. This idiot ignored the fact that there are many hundreds of small businesses who owe their livelihood on the boating community. Many of those would have to shut down if boating was forced to come to a halt.

They just don't think..... or do they? Perhaps there is evil in more places than the obvious.

eye95

-Matt of Hillsboro OR-

No, you won't be "persecuted" for that kind of thinking. It will just be challenged by rational posters. People who have an irrational disdain for rational challenges might see it as persecution, but it isn't.

Yes, everyone has "heard" this. That is the way rumors work. It has been posted in blogs tertiarily. The blogger is quoting someone who heard something from someone who got it from a source he is unwilling to name.

Without a direct quote or proper attribution, it is impossible to even know whether the words "shoot Americans" were heard by the secondary source from the primary source.

This sounds like something that Obama would do unilaterally (like the women in combat thing, despite any laws on the matter). However, until we have something better than "I heard from someone who heard from someone...," this story is BS.

Aknazer

You will be persecuted here for that line of thinking.

Keep your head on a swivel.

I'm in the military and am yet to be asked this question. I don't know anyone who has been asked it. Him wondering about it won't geg pet him persecuted. People will ask cor cites or point out how it will be almost impossible to prove. But not persecuted. Now if he pushes it as if its proven fact and can't back it up that is a different story.

palerider116

It will be nearly impossible to prove such an outrageous allegation. You cannot just ask the WH for confirmation and MSM will never touch it. A name will never be attached as the source because of the fear of some sort of reprisal. Alternative news outlets are still ranked somewhere between unicorns and leprechauns.

I decline to call it BS. Uncorroborated intelligence from an unconfirmed source makes it a low priority. If more anecdotal evidence starts coming forth it may raise its alert priority.