• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Snyder: Economy, Not Guns, Should Be Top Priority

PDinDetroit

And, unfortunately, quite likely not winnable....The OC movement does not have the weight to demand no compromise.

Not true.

The Open Carry Community has stood on principle and did not compromise on past efforts, the Royal Oak Arts, Beats, and Eats No Firearm Contract Clause is just one example and that Information can be found on this very website - OCDO.

The very reason WE are Successful is because WE stand up for Rights based upon Principles.

griffin

Not true.

The Open Carry Community has stood on principle and did not compromise on past efforts, the Royal Oak Arts, Beats, and Eats No Firearm Contract Clause is just one example

That didn't change law, that just made them follow existing law which they already had a legal obligation to do.

Right?

detroit_fan

Not true.

The Open Carry Community has stood on principle and did not compromise on past efforts, the Royal Oak Arts, Beats, and Eats No Firearm Contract Clause is just one example and that Information can be found on this very website - OCDO.

The very reason WE are Successful is because WE stand up for Rights based upon Principles.

I disagree. the reason "we" were successful in those instances is becasue "we" were simply forcing them to follow the law, not create it. "we" had the law on our side and there were no other options for them.

Can you state an instance where "we" have been able to get new law passed that was strictly designed to make OC easier or reduce some of the prohibitions on it?

DanM

We would oppose any efforts to get rid of the permit system completely as it would destroy reciprocity. We'd support making a permit optional (not required to carry concealed in MI)...like Alaska and Arizona, not like Vermont.

Agreed. Until we get to the day of national constitutional carry, this is an incremental advance to gun rights that is logical and necessary.

alphamale

10+

Compromise is a surrender of ones values. If it was never a value, then there is no compromise. For myself there is no compromise on a core value.

The following is a general statement not directed at any individual.....

In my not so humble opinion....

A wise man walks into a negotiation demanding what he wants and only allows a "compromise" to be dragged out of him by force.

But it is the idiot who walks into a negotiation telling everyone what he will give up hoping his opponent will be sympathetic and benevolently "compromise".

alphamale

This is priceless! Did you search all these or find a site with them, please let me know, and thanks for posting this.

Here are a few news stories for you. These are just some stories from within a two week period from about four months ago I put together elsewhere for something.

Four Houston police conspire to bilk government out of $1 million in OT pay

Unprovoked police attack caught on dashcam, cops lie about transporting suspects to hospital after being ordered to

LEOs charged with obstruction of justice, writing false reports, illegal searches and arrests, Sgt. turns FBI witness against his own guys to avoid prison

Cop admits stealing 831 bags of heroin

Cop steals, uses meth

Cop in court for racketeering, fraud, and official misconduct.

State trooper sentenced to prison in drug trafficking and sex-for-drugs trade

Cop sentenced to prison for planting evidence, lying to a grand jury, and stealing money and drugs. Three more cops await sentencing.

Sheriff suspended for seizing biker’s camera, making up false charges

Sheriff indicted for raping seven women

Detective attempts to trick step-daughter into making sex tape with him

Cop charged with manslaughter in shooting

Cop steals cash

DEA probes drug thefts from Beckley Police Department's evidence room

Cop suspended after kidnapped man found tied up in his garage

Cop with past problems suspended pending murder investigation

Sheriff sentenced 3 to 5 years in prison

Cops break into home and execute warrantless search, falsify police reports, perjure themselves

Some prison guard incidents:

IN prison guards arrested for drug possession, smuggling drugs, cell phones into prison

NC prison guards arrested for drug possession, smuggling drugs into prison

Just to end this with a summary article:

Over 90 D.C. police have been arrested since 2009

Although I should probably use this instead:

Cops charged in Canada cheese-smuggling ring

Hey, I guess they’re getting $1K to $2K a run!

griffin

This is priceless! Did you search all these or find a site with them, please let me know, and thanks for posting this.

I found them myself. I did this as part of another thread (elsewhere). It sprang out of LEOs automatically backing up a fellow LEO when they cross the line or even do criminal things. LEOs always respond with, "Another LEO-bashing thread," or "You don't know what it's like to be a cop, so shut-up," or "You can't believe news reports," or some variant thereof. So I just started looking for LEOs engaged in criminal activity, preferably ones who had already gone through the criminal justice system and were convicted and sent to prison.

These occurred in just a two week period, and I'm sure there were lots more that I didn't find. The point is I do not think most LEOs are trustworthy. My personal opinion. Or in other words, it's the 99% that make the 1% look bad.

HKcarrier

These occurred in just a two week period, and I'm sure there were lots more that I didn't find. The point is I do not think most LEOs are trustworthy. My personal opinion. Or in other words, it's the 99% that make the 1% look bad.

Whew... where's my flame proof suit? It's about to get hot in here. :D

qlRu3.gif

pmcqueen37

Here's 1 more for you
http://www.myspace.com/video/boilingfrogs/the-largest-street-gang-in-america/54162036

Here are a few news stories for you. These are just some stories from within a two week period from about four months ago I put together elsewhere for something.

Four Houston police conspire to bilk government out of $1 million in OT pay

Unprovoked police attack caught on dashcam, cops lie about transporting suspects to hospital after being ordered to

LEOs charged with obstruction of justice, writing false reports, illegal searches and arrests, Sgt. turns FBI witness against his own guys to avoid prison

Cop admits stealing 831 bags of heroin

Cop steals, uses meth

Cop in court for racketeering, fraud, and official misconduct.

State trooper sentenced to prison in drug trafficking and sex-for-drugs trade

Cop sentenced to prison for planting evidence, lying to a grand jury, and stealing money and drugs. Three more cops await sentencing.

Sheriff suspended for seizing biker’s camera, making up false charges

Sheriff indicted for raping seven women

Detective attempts to trick step-daughter into making sex tape with him

Cop charged with manslaughter in shooting

Cop steals cash

DEA probes drug thefts from Beckley Police Department's evidence room

Cop suspended after kidnapped man found tied up in his garage

Cop with past problems suspended pending murder investigation

Sheriff sentenced 3 to 5 years in prison

Cops break into home and execute warrantless search, falsify police reports, perjure themselves

Some prison guard incidents:

IN prison guards arrested for drug possession, smuggling drugs, cell phones into prison

NC prison guards arrested for drug possession, smuggling drugs into prison

Just to end this with a summary article:

Over 90 D.C. police have been arrested since 2009

Although I should probably use this instead:

Cops charged in Canada cheese-smuggling ring

Hey, I guess they’re getting $1K to $2K a run!