• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Petition to hunt down gun rights activists

SFCRetired

Folks, y'all are laughing at these loony-toons, but keep in mind that some of these folks are seriously mentally disturbed. Watch your backs and stay very aware of what and who is around you.

There is nothing our opponents would love better than to cause and escalate an incident with someone who is carrying a firearm. And some of them are just bat-poo crazy enough to use a firearm themselves to further their agenda. You know very well the first thing that the media would air would be some friend or relative of the poor, misunderstood little creep saying, "But he/she was such a good person and would not harm a fly. Why he/she taught Sunday School, sang in the choir, and ate tofu instead of meat!!"

OK, I got a little bit ridiculous, but you all know I'm not that far off the mark.

OC for ME

I wonder if whitehouse.gov will lower the signature requirement from 100,000 to seven or more? They have not yet, but it is after normal working hours.

Freedom1Man

Folks, y'all are laughing at these loony-toons, but keep in mind that some of these folks are seriously mentally disturbed. Watch your backs and stay very aware of what and who is around you.

There is nothing our opponents would love better than to cause and escalate an incident with someone who is carrying a firearm. And some of them are just bat-poo crazy enough to use a firearm themselves to further their agenda. You know very well the first thing that the media would air would be some friend or relative of the poor, misunderstood little creep saying, "But he/she was such a good person and would not harm a fly. Why he/she taught Sunday School, sang in the choir, and ate tofu instead of meat!!"

OK, I got a little bit ridiculous, but you all know I'm not that far off the mark.

I will back that statement up.

I was warned about an anti-hunter who had opened fire on a hunter many years back. Back then the game officers patrolled more often and caught the BG after an exchange of gun fire between the anti-hunter and the hunter whom of which he has shot at.

As for being on the mark, we you are spot on the mark.

PETA members were putting hot pepper powder in piles of feathers to hurt the noses of hunting dogs so they could not smell game animals.

Besides I thought that if you stopped eating any form of animal protein long enough that it screwed up your mind and made you go crazy.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
The courts will not define this as a "credible threat" because it is not addressed towards a speccific individual. Therefore, nobody will bother to go look up the {currently seven] signatories of this petition and see if they meet any of the various DSM-IV definitions of whackadoodleness.

But let someone from "our" side of the discussion say anything about wanting to attend (not actually doing so, just wanting to) a Brady Bunch meeting with a sign countering even just one of their many lies, and see who gets locked up for terroristic behavior.

stay safe.

palerider116

It reaffirms the need for the second amendment because this is nothing more than suggested genocide for gun control opponents. Surrender my guns to a benevolent dictator is out of the question.

Right now the balance of power, or terror (a salute to Star Trek TOS) is with those who have the means to protect themselves. As soon as the balance shifts, rights will be stripped away. When the balance of terror is in the favor of the government and these lunatics, it will be a sad day.

"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

Thomas Jefferson

SFCRetired

Does anybody wonder if these are the type of loonies that could shoot up a school.

I don't wonder; I know good and darned well that if one of them thought it would further their agenda, they would do it in a heartbeat.

Funny, isn't it, that we are the "bad guys" and these mental cases are considered the "good guys"?

I have no doubt that any one of you, my brothers and sisters, would step into a situation to prevent the loss of innocent life if faced with the choice of doing that or doing nothing. I wonder what those on the other side of the fence from us would do if faced with that sort of choice.

ADobbs1989

Ok...so these anti-gun nuts want to "rent" a gun, to hunt down people who not only own multiple guns, but are generally well versed in their use...am I the only one seeing this going completely backwards to plan? As in these people who know very little about firearms try to hunt down people who are probably armed and who know how to handle a firearm...I see a lot of "attempted" hunting, then a lot of dead anti-gunners.

Freedom1Man

So if they wanted to hunt us, then we would also be armed....

Let's start with an even teams with volunteers. The pro-gun people will have guns and as much ammo as we can carry while the anti-gunners would be limited to the 100 1 round magazines.

Pro-gun would have whatever magazines we want.

Should we do this in a forest environment or a desert environment?
Where would I sign up?

I have a gun I would rent out to one of those idiots. It does not have a stock on it and it's missing the magazine. Plus the head spacing or firing pin spring is way off. So I guess I would charge them only 1000 FRNs to rent it. 5000 FRNs if they want a bolt to go with it.