Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 33

Thread: Heads up: Joe Biden comes to Richmond Friday 1/25/13 to discuss "gun control"

  1. #1
    Regular Member Repeater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Richmond, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    2,519

    Heads up: Joe Biden comes to Richmond Friday 1/25/13 to discuss "gun control"

    Joe B. should meet Joe M. Both are gaffetastic!

    Biden to promote gun control in Richmond Friday
    Vice President Joe Biden is launching a White House campaign of road trips to promote gun control with a visit to Virginia, a state that has experienced its own school shooting tragedy yet maintains an avidly pro-gun tradition.

    The White House announced Wednesday that Biden would travel to Richmond on Friday along with other Obama administration officials and Democratic Virginia Sen. Tim Kaine.

    Gun shows are a frequent event around the Richmond area, and the Virginia General Assembly has been overwhelmingly supportive of gun ownership rights under both Democratic and Republican leadership.
    Place your bets the event will be held at a public school.

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Lynchburg
    Posts
    167
    Quote Originally Posted by Repeater View Post
    Joe B. should meet Joe M. Both are gaffetastic!

    Biden to promote gun control in Richmond Friday


    Place your bets the event will be held at a public school.
    Let's practice some idiot-control and ban this guy from the state

  3. #3
    Campaign Veteran T Dubya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Richmond, Va, ,
    Posts
    892
    Whatever the venue you can bet it will be difficult for the pro-freedom crowd to make a showing.
    "These are the shock troops (opencarry.org) of the gun lobby. And, they are not going away."
    Ceasefire NJ Director Brian Miller, NJ.com, August 20, 2009

  4. #4
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,616
    Drat - here comes the traffic congestion, rerouting again
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  5. #5
    Campaign Veteran skidmark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    North Chesterfield VA
    Posts
    10,682
    ... to promote gun control with a visit to Virginia, a state that has experienced its own school shooting tragedy yet maintains an avidly pro-gun tradition.
    So, something like 3 out of 4 Virginians owns a gun (or at least there arre enough to go around like that if everyone contributed their "fair share") and how many nutcases have gone and committed killing sprees? (I'll give you the Beltway Sniper duo, even though they imported themselves and their assault weapon of doom from that land of liberalism and overpriced coffee.)

    And they "wonder" at the fact Virginians maintain an avidly pro-gun tradition?

    "Preserve liberty or die trying to take it away from me" seems to be something Patrick Henry might not object to.

    In closing, I wish the record to reflect that I have made absolutely no comment regarding the fact that the VP and one of the Senators who are coming to Virginia to discuss gun control are bringing a large number of men with not only semi-automatic weapons but fully automatic machine guns. (Rumor has it that some of them may even carry their Glock service revolvers.)

    stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

    Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

    "No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

  6. #6
    Regular Member ryan7068's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Chesapeake, VA
    Posts
    185
    I do believe that H.R. 347 may be put to the test. Don't you dare protest too close to the restricted zone! You just might become a felon if carrying a firearm while doing so!

    Way to put that buffer on free speech.......don't want all those politicians knowing what their underlings think!


    http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/BILLS-1...12hr347enr.pdf
    "Yes, I am carrying a loaded firearm. Why aren't you? "

  7. #7
    Regular Member 2a4all's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Newport News, VA, ,
    Posts
    1,586
    I'm OCing as I write this.

    Check this out, and right in Feinstein's back yard (From the Washington Times)

    In response to a wave of gun crime across the country, particularly in Newtown, Conn., the police department for a California school district just outside Los Angeles has purchased 14 AR-15 rifles in efforts to protect its students.
    Fontana Unified School District Superintendent Cali Olsen-Binks OKd the measure, allowing each school to keep the rifles stored in a secure location for officials to access in case of an emergency.
    Fontana Police Chief Rodney Jones agreed with the decision.


    Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...#ixzz2Irhmnya4
    A law-abiding citizen should be able to carry his personal protection firearm anywhere that an armed criminal might go.

    Member VCDL, NRA

  8. #8
    Campaign Veteran skidmark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    North Chesterfield VA
    Posts
    10,682
    Quote Originally Posted by 2a4all View Post
    I'm OCing as I write this.

    Check this out, and right in Feinstein's back yard (From the Washington Times)

    In response to a wave of gun crime across the country, particularly in Newtown, Conn., the police department for a California school district just outside Los Angeles has purchased 14 AR-15 rifles in efforts to protect its students.
    Fontana Unified School District Superintendent Cali Olsen-Binks OKd the measure, allowing each school to keep the rifles stored in a secure location for officials to access in case of an emergency.
    Fontana Police Chief Rodney Jones agreed with the decision.


    Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...#ixzz2Irhmnya4
    I have instructed my brokers to buy all the stock in bullet-resistant backpack manufacturers and bullet-resistant clipboard builders they can lay their hands on. I am considering investing heavily in podiatrists and chiropodists, too.

    Can you say "I'm the only one professional enough to ...."? I knew you could.

    stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

    Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

    "No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Richmond, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    1,171

    What I want to see...

    is Idiot Joe Jr. pull the same dumb stunt he did in the Legislature with his thumb in the trigger guard on Idiot Joe Sr. The USSS would go bug nuts and take him to the floor.

    Now THAT would be justice! ;>)

  10. #10
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,616
    Quote Originally Posted by va_tazdad View Post
    is Idiot Joe Jr. pull the same dumb stunt he did in the Legislature with his thumb in the trigger guard on Idiot Joe Sr. The USSS would go bug nuts and take him to the floor.

    Now THAT would be justice! ;>)
    I would pay a goodly sum to see that

    Maybe if AK-Joe would carry a Bible and an apple............
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    , Virginia, USA
    Posts
    23

    Angry

    Kaine's Senate email site is up now. I just sent off an email reminding him that he should be representing VIRGINIA'S views to the administration, not coming to Richmond with the VP to lecture us about Obama's views on gun control.

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Richmond, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    1,171

    The truth comes out!

    Dreaded AR-15 was NOT used in the Sandyhook school shooting.


    http://video.today.msnbc.msn.com/tod...08495#50208495

    Seems Idiot Joe Sr. and Idiot Joe Jr. were both lying, or just wrong as always!
    Last edited by va_tazdad; 01-24-2013 at 09:14 AM.

  13. #13
    Regular Member ryan7068's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Chesapeake, VA
    Posts
    185
    Joe-Joe's can start carrying around that bullet proof whiteboard they designed for teachers and take the evasive action training that teaches improvised weapons and evacuation instincts! Then they don't need any security
    "Yes, I am carrying a loaded firearm. Why aren't you? "

  14. #14
    Regular Member NRA-EVC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Richmond, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    6

    He's going to be hear at 11:00 AM at VCU

    RTD says he will lead a "roundtable" discussion w/administration officials as well as Bobby Scott and little Timmy "The Eyebrow" Kaine.

    http://virginiashootingsportsassocia...oundtable.html

  15. #15
    Regular Member ryan7068's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Chesapeake, VA
    Posts
    185
    If its gonna be around VCU, maybe the crime rate will drop for a day!
    "Yes, I am carrying a loaded firearm. Why aren't you? "

  16. #16
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,616
    Quote Originally Posted by NRA-EVC View Post
    RTD says he will lead a "roundtable" discussion w/administration officials as well as Bobby Scott and little Timmy "The Eyebrow" Kaine.

    http://virginiashootingsportsassocia...oundtable.html
    A "roundtable" implies equality in terms of voices pro & con.

    "Biden will be joined at the 11 a.m. roundtable by Secretary of Homeland Security Janet Napolitano; Secretary of Health and Human Services Kathleen Sebelius; Deputy U.S. Attorney General Jim Cole; Sen. Timothy M. Kaine, D-Va.; and Rep. Robert C. "Bobby" Scott, D-3rd."

    Looks more like a vigilante, lynch mob to me.


    VCU Roundtable
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  17. #17
    Regular Member Repeater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Richmond, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    2,519

    We are not welcome

    Segregation?

    Biden To Visit VCU Friday Morning
    Vice President Joe Biden (D) will be at VCU's Student Commons for what the White House terms a "roundtable" on gun safety. He wont be alone: with him will be Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano and Health and Human Services Kathleen Sebelius.

    Biden is expected to speak after the event, which is not open to the public. The Vice President has been running "point" on the gun issue since the Newtown incident last month.

    Senator Tim Kaine (D) and Congressman Bobby Scott (D-3rd) will also be attending.

  18. #18
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Richmond, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    1,171

    Idiot Joe Sr. knows!

    "It's harder to use an assault weapon to hit something than it is a shotgun, OK?"

    Only if they are allowed to get close and you can't shoot properly Idiot Joe.

    "Biden said that gunman, who had 30-round magazines, had to swap out "four or five times." If limited to 10 rounds, however, the vice president argued the gunman would have had to swap out 25 or 30 times."

    Funny, but the gunman didn't have 30 round magazines in the 4 handguns he used, none of which were "assault weapons"!

    So says the moron with 6 armed federal agents protecting him at all times. (Armed with those evil "Assault Weapons")

    Idiot Joe lies again!

  19. #19
    Founder's Club Member Tess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    3,765
    NOT OPEN TO THE PUBLIC means this is just another meeting of his committee. Why are taxpayers footing the bill for taking this show on the road?

  20. #20
    Regular Member riverrat10k's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    on a rock in the james river
    Posts
    1,453
    Opportunity to pass out GSL stickers?

    I have to work or I would do it. I am not a student, vendor, or employee.
    Remember Peter Nap and Skidmark. Do them proud. Be active. Be well informed. ALL rights matter.

    "An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when you may have to back up your acts with your life."

    --Robert A. Heinlein

    Hey NSA! *&$# you. Record this--- MOLON LABE!

  21. #21
    Regular Member Old Virginia Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    SE Va., , Occupied CSA
    Posts
    366
    Quote Originally Posted by riverrat10k View Post
    Opportunity to pass out GSL stickers?

    I have to work or I would do it. I am not a student, vendor, or employee.
    This is what I'm thinking, above. Can't anyone up there in Richmond take the orange stickers in in your pocket, and put them on at the very minute the program begins? Take extras for those other gun friends who are there in the crowd and might ask for one. Stickers in your pocket should not set off the metal detectors . . . . . .
    VCDL, Army Vet, Virginia Native

    Hey, Libtards, it's the "Bill of Rights," not the "Bill of Needs" . . . . .

    If the 2A does not apply to modern weapons, then the 1A does not apply to modern communications like the Internet! How do you like them apples!?

  22. #22
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Richmond, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    830
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    So, something like 3 out of 4 Virginians owns a gun (or at least there arre enough to go around like that if everyone contributed their "fair share") and how many nutcases have gone and committed killing sprees? (I'll give you the Beltway Sniper duo, even though they imported themselves and their assault weapon of doom from that land of liberalism and overpriced coffee.)

    And they "wonder" at the fact Virginians maintain an avidly pro-gun tradition?

    "Preserve liberty or die trying to take it away from me" seems to be something Patrick Henry might not object to.

    In closing, I wish the record to reflect that I have made absolutely no comment regarding the fact that the VP and one of the Senators who are coming to Virginia to discuss gun control are bringing a large number of men with not only semi-automatic weapons but fully automatic machine guns. (Rumor has it that some of them may even carry their Glock service revolvers.)

    stay safe.
    his security should not be a problem just inform them how close they are to Jeff Davis and shockoe bottom and the travelling frat party will disappear.

  23. #23
    Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    13,580
    Quote Originally Posted by 67GT390FB View Post
    his security should not be a problem just inform them how close they are to Jeff Davis and shockoe bottom and the travelling frat party will disappear.
    Who's paying though?

  24. #24
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Richmond, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    1,171

    If they were disarmed......

    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    So, something like 3 out of 4 Virginians owns a gun (or at least there arre enough to go around like that if everyone contributed their "fair share") and how many nutcases have gone and committed killing sprees? (I'll give you the Beltway Sniper duo, even though they imported themselves and their assault weapon of doom from that land of liberalism and overpriced coffee.)

    And they "wonder" at the fact Virginians maintain an avidly pro-gun tradition?

    "Preserve liberty or die trying to take it away from me" seems to be something Patrick Henry might not object to.

    In closing, I wish the record to reflect that I have made absolutely no comment regarding the fact that the VP and one of the Senators who are coming to Virginia to discuss gun control are bringing a large number of men with not only semi-automatic weapons but fully automatic machine guns. (Rumor has it that some of them may even carry their Glock service revolvers.)

    stay safe.
    If the USSS Agents had to surrender their guns they would all quit. ALL of them! I can't say as I would blame them.

    Would YOU want to protect Idiot Joe without fully auto weapons?

  25. #25
    Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    13,580
    Quote Originally Posted by va_tazdad View Post
    If the USSS Agents had to surrender their guns they would all quit. ALL of them! I can't say as I would blame them.

    Would YOU want to protect Idiot Joe without fully auto weapons?
    Better question Taz....would you want to protect idiot Joe?
    It would be like getting a job as a horse trainer and made to shovel sh**.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •