• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Heads up: Joe Biden comes to Richmond Friday 1/25/13 to discuss "gun control"

Repeater

Heads up: Joe Biden comes to Richmond Friday 1/25/13 to discuss "gun control"

Joe B. should meet Joe M. Both are gaffetastic!

Biden to promote gun control in Richmond Friday
Vice President Joe Biden is launching a White House campaign of road trips to promote gun control with a visit to Virginia, a state that has experienced its own school shooting tragedy yet maintains an avidly pro-gun tradition.

The White House announced Wednesday that Biden would travel to Richmond on Friday along with other Obama administration officials and Democratic Virginia Sen. Tim Kaine.

Gun shows are a frequent event around the Richmond area, and the Virginia General Assembly has been overwhelmingly supportive of gun ownership rights under both Democratic and Republican leadership.

Place your bets the event will be held at a public school.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
... to promote gun control with a visit to Virginia, a state that has experienced its own school shooting tragedy yet maintains an avidly pro-gun tradition.

So, something like 3 out of 4 Virginians owns a gun (or at least there arre enough to go around like that if everyone contributed their "fair share") and how many nutcases have gone and committed killing sprees? (I'll give you the Beltway Sniper duo, even though they imported themselves and their assault weapon of doom from that land of liberalism and overpriced coffee.)

And they "wonder" at the fact Virginians maintain an avidly pro-gun tradition?

"Preserve liberty or die trying to take it away from me" seems to be something Patrick Henry might not object to.

In closing, I wish the record to reflect that I have made absolutely no comment regarding the fact that the VP and one of the Senators who are coming to Virginia to discuss gun control are bringing a large number of men with not only semi-automatic weapons but fully automatic machine guns. (Rumor has it that some of them may even carry their Glock service revolvers.)

stay safe.

2a4all

I'm OCing as I write this.

Check this out, and right in Feinstein's back yard (From the Washington Times):eek:

In response to a wave of gun crime across the country, particularly in Newtown, Conn., the police department for a California school district just outside Los Angeles has purchased 14 AR-15 rifles in efforts to protect its students.
Fontana Unified School District Superintendent Cali Olsen-Binks OK’d the measure, allowing each school to keep the rifles stored in a secure location for officials to access in case of an emergency.
Fontana Police Chief Rodney Jones agreed with the decision.

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news...ce-buy-ar-15s-protect-students/#ixzz2Irhmnya4

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
I'm OCing as I write this.

Check this out, and right in Feinstein's back yard (From the Washington Times):eek:

In response to a wave of gun crime across the country, particularly in Newtown, Conn., the police department for a California school district just outside Los Angeles has purchased 14 AR-15 rifles in efforts to protect its students.
Fontana Unified School District Superintendent Cali Olsen-Binks OK’d the measure, allowing each school to keep the rifles stored in a secure location for officials to access in case of an emergency.
Fontana Police Chief Rodney Jones agreed with the decision.

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news...ce-buy-ar-15s-protect-students/#ixzz2Irhmnya4

I have instructed my brokers to buy all the stock in bullet-resistant backpack manufacturers and bullet-resistant clipboard builders they can lay their hands on. I am considering investing heavily in podiatrists and chiropodists, too.

Can you say "I'm the only one professional enough to ...."? I knew you could.:lol:

stay safe.

va_tazdad

What I want to see...

is Idiot Joe Jr. pull the same dumb stunt he did in the Legislature with his thumb in the trigger guard on Idiot Joe Sr. The USSS would go bug nuts and take him to the floor.

Now THAT would be justice! ;>)

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
is Idiot Joe Jr. pull the same dumb stunt he did in the Legislature with his thumb in the trigger guard on Idiot Joe Sr. The USSS would go bug nuts and take him to the floor.

Now THAT would be justice! ;>)

I would pay a goodly sum to see that :lol:

Maybe if AK-Joe would carry a Bible and an apple............

drewf

Kaine's Senate email site is up now. I just sent off an email reminding him that he should be representing VIRGINIA'S views to the administration, not coming to Richmond with the VP to lecture us about Obama's views on gun control.

ryan7068

Joe-Joe's can start carrying around that bullet proof whiteboard they designed for teachers and take the evasive action training that teaches improvised weapons and evacuation instincts! Then they don't need any security:rolleyes:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
RTD says he will lead a "roundtable" discussion w/administration officials as well as Bobby Scott and little Timmy "The Eyebrow" Kaine.

http://virginiashootingsportsassoci...1/biden-coming-to-vcu-to-lead-roundtable.html

A "roundtable" implies equality in terms of voices pro & con.

"Biden will be joined at the 11 a.m. roundtable by Secretary of Homeland Security Janet Napolitano; Secretary of Health and Human Services Kathleen Sebelius; Deputy U.S. Attorney General Jim Cole; Sen. Timothy M. Kaine, D-Va.; and Rep. Robert C. "Bobby" Scott, D-3rd."

Looks more like a vigilante, lynch mob to me.

VCU Roundtable

Repeater

We are not welcome

Segregation?

Biden To Visit VCU Friday Morning
Vice President Joe Biden (D) will be at VCU's Student Commons for what the White House terms a "roundtable" on gun safety. He wont be alone: with him will be Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano and Health and Human Services Kathleen Sebelius.

Biden is expected to speak after the event, which is not open to the public. The Vice President has been running "point" on the gun issue since the Newtown incident last month.

Senator Tim Kaine (D) and Congressman Bobby Scott (D-3rd) will also be attending.

va_tazdad

Idiot Joe Sr. knows!

"It's harder to use an assault weapon to hit something than it is a shotgun, OK?"

Only if they are allowed to get close and you can't shoot properly Idiot Joe.

"Biden said that gunman, who had 30-round magazines, had to swap out "four or five times." If limited to 10 rounds, however, the vice president argued the gunman would have had to swap out 25 or 30 times."

Funny, but the gunman didn't have 30 round magazines in the 4 handguns he used, none of which were "assault weapons"!

So says the moron with 6 armed federal agents protecting him at all times. (Armed with those evil "Assault Weapons")

Idiot Joe lies again!

Tess

Founder's Club Member
NOT OPEN TO THE PUBLIC means this is just another meeting of his committee. Why are taxpayers footing the bill for taking this show on the road?