• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Buffalo Wild Wings National Protest

BionicRooster

They've had that policy for a long time. I choose to ignore it.

Thankfully I live in Missouri, where I can carry concealed into places with such policies, with no legal liabilty aside from a trespassing charge IF they ask me to leave AND I refuse to do so.

On a side note, Sutherland's Lumber here has a sign prohibiting concealed carry, so I just open carry as normal in there, and have yet to have anyone say anything to me.

shastadude17

Thankfully I live in Missouri, where I can carry concealed into places with such policies, with no legal liabilty aside from a trespassing charge IF they ask me to leave AND I refuse to do so.

Same here in FL. I had an instructor in my LE academy try and tell me that no-gun signs have force of law here in Florida -____-

NoTolerance

Nobody ever said LE is/are/were well versed in the laws. :)

(could figure out which one sounded right to me, coffee hasn't kicked in yet )

Any of those would have been grammatically correct.

"is" if LE as a singular entity.
"are" if LE as a collective group.
"were" if LE as a collective group in the past tense.

You get a cookie.

BionicRooster

That is amazing! As much response against them as there was praising Starbucks!

What prompted it?

Since it's been a policy for a few years, 2009 according to a forum post here found in a Google search, I'm guessing it's just a backlash of current happenings, and the proposed gun legislation. Whatever the reason, it's good to see so many people standing up for what's right and speaking their opinions quite loudly. They are understanding that now is not the time to be silent.

Oramac

Since it's been a policy for a few years, 2009 according to a forum post here found in a Google search, I'm guessing it's just a backlash of current happenings, and the proposed gun legislation. Whatever the reason, it's good to see so many people standing up for what's right and speaking their opinions quite loudly. They are understanding that now is not the time to be silent.

I have a feeling it's partially in response to them actually putting up signs. I've been to multiple BWW around the St Louis area, carrying the whole time, and never saw one posted. I haven't been to one since this whole thing started though.