Thread: A proposal for reasonable alcohol control

A proposal for reasonable alcohol control

Saw this on another forum

With all the talk about how important "just one life" is, I would propose the following:

Obviously, we can not ban alcohol beverages. Prohibition was repealed by the 21st amendment. Prohibition is not my goal. However, we see every day the carnage wrought by excessive alcohol consumption. While I cannot prohibit alcohol, the regulation of it is a clear responsibility of government in order to protect the public. Sure we have regulated alcohol for quite some time, but obviously, we have not done enough.

My proposal is based in the following facts:
    -nobody NEEDS to get drunk. Drinking for social events or to relax after work is fun, but getting drunk is not necessary.
    -nobody needs liquor to get a buzz on. Drinks with such a high alcohol content are dangerous.

Proposal:
    -purchasers of any alcoholic liquid with a content higher than 5% must be registered with the state in which the alcohol was purchased. This allows for the rights of people to consume alcohol, but keeps the dangerous alcohol out of the wrong hands.
    -container sizes for liquids containing alcohol shall be limited to 11 ounces. This makes sure that people don't consume too much out of one container.
    -finally, person-to-person transfers of alcohol shall be registered. Buying the girl at the bar a drink is just too risky, since we have no idea what that girl is capable of doing.

None of these proposals would require congressional approval and are all within my purview as President of the United States.

Regards,
    Barak Obama

What about the rumor that you got your, now, wife drunk to get her knocked up and then again to get her to agree to be married to you?

Is it true that you while you believe that alcohol should be regulated you're still against regulating the use of cocaine by members of congress?
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

A proposal for reasonable alcohol control

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom1Man View Post
    What about the rumor that you got your, now, wife drunk to get her knocked up and then again to get her to agree to be married to you?

Is it true that you while you believe that alcohol should be regulated you're still against regulating the use of cocaine by members of congress?
    Please register this post with the speech police.

Quote Originally Posted by palerider116 View Post
    Please register this post with the speech police.
    That was not directed at the OP, it was directed at the "author" of the letter.
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

Will there be an exception for "drunk on his arse" Vice President Biden?
    It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by CDT COX View Post
    ...-container sizes for liquids containing alcohol shall be limited to 11 ounces. This makes sure that people don't consume too much out of one container.
    Actually that should be 10 ounces (7 in New York).

And a background check should be performed for each drink served - including a breathalyzer test which will be sent to the ATF - even at backyard barbecues (don't want any BBQ loophole).
    No right is held more sacred, or is more carefully guarded, by the common law than the right of every individual to the possession and control of his own person, free from all restraint or interference of others, unless by clear and unquestionable authority of law. Union Pacific Rail Co. vs Botsford as quoted in Terry v Ohio.

Talk to your cats about catnip - before it's too late.

There should be a limit on high capacity containers and dispensers that use high capacity containers. No dispensers should be allowed to hold more than 10 shots. Also an all out ban on dispensers that look like they can use high capacity containers.
    Kentucky Open Carry Group
    http://opencarry.niceboards.org/

We all speak of liberty and freedom like we are the only ones that know the truth and the right path. But if we expect everyone to accept and follow our path and to accept our truth and want to force it upon them then that is no longer liberty or freedom. It is slavery. I believe in liberty for all. Regardless of their political views, religion, race, sex, etc.

DiFi will start on this issue after she has dried up the supply of evil guns.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

I wonder, will Biden and Obama have the secret service drink for them?
    It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Does my prior drinking/drunkenness get grandfathered in?
    "I can live for two weeks on a good compliment."
    ~Mark Twain

Longneck's and Mugs require class III for their assault handles

Why the hell would anybody need a keg? Unless it's for a government party.
    "Public opinion and votes have nothing to do with this. The challenge of the Court is not what they're going to do with votes. The challenge-- of the Court is are they going to protect people's rights." - Al Sharpton