• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

A proposal for reasonable alcohol control

CDT COX

Saw this on another forum :lol:

With all the talk about how important "just one life" is, I would propose the following:

Obviously, we can not ban alcohol beverages. Prohibition was repealed by the 21st amendment. Prohibition is not my goal. However, we see every day the carnage wrought by excessive alcohol consumption. While I cannot prohibit alcohol, the regulation of it is a clear responsibility of government in order to protect the public. Sure we have regulated alcohol for quite some time, but obviously, we have not done enough.

My proposal is based in the following facts:
-nobody NEEDS to get drunk. Drinking for social events or to relax after work is fun, but getting drunk is not necessary.
-nobody needs liquor to get a buzz on. Drinks with such a high alcohol content are dangerous.

Proposal:
-purchasers of any alcoholic liquid with a content higher than 5% must be registered with the state in which the alcohol was purchased. This allows for the rights of people to consume alcohol, but keeps the dangerous alcohol out of the wrong hands.
-container sizes for liquids containing alcohol shall be limited to 11 ounces. This makes sure that people don't consume too much out of one container.
-finally, person-to-person transfers of alcohol shall be registered. Buying the girl at the bar a drink is just too risky, since we have no idea what that girl is capable of doing.

None of these proposals would require congressional approval and are all within my purview as President of the United States.

Regards,
Barak Obama

Freedom1Man

What about the rumor that you got your, now, wife drunk to get her knocked up and then again to get her to agree to be married to you?

Is it true that you while you believe that alcohol should be regulated you're still against regulating the use of cocaine by members of congress?

palerider116

What about the rumor that you got your, now, wife drunk to get her knocked up and then again to get her to agree to be married to you?

Is it true that you while you believe that alcohol should be regulated you're still against regulating the use of cocaine by members of congress?

Please register this post with the speech police.

ak56

Campaign Veteran
...-container sizes for liquids containing alcohol shall be limited to 11 ounces. This makes sure that people don't consume too much out of one container.

Actually that should be 10 ounces (7 in New York).

And a background check should be performed for each drink served - including a breathalyzer test which will be sent to the ATF - even at backyard barbecues (don't want any BBQ loophole).

KYKevin

There should be a limit on high capacity containers and dispensers that use high capacity containers. No dispensers should be allowed to hold more than 10 shots. Also an all out ban on dispensers that look like they can use high capacity containers. :banana:

CDT COX

Longneck's and Mugs require class III for their assault handles