• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

COLO. hoslter maker not boycotting ESOS

Firearms Iinstuctor

However, Mark Finnegan, owner of Shamrock Holsters of Craig, Colo., said the boycott won't stop him from attending the show."

Shamrock Holsters
920 Fairway Blvd
Craig, CO 81625
shamrockholsters@hotmail.com

I guess Marks booth fees are more important then the Consitution. I see he makes a lot of CCW/defensive type holsters.

Seems to me the people who buy CCW/defensive holsters would inclued a lot of modren sporting rifle owners.

Firearms Iinstuctor

From Shamrocks web site.

About & Contact

Over the last week there has been a lot of controversy over the Eastern Sports & Outdoor Show and vendors boycotting. We have gotten some bad publicity on some forums and through email stating that we do not support the second amendment. So for all of our loyal customers and possibly new customers we would like to clear up a few things.

We strongly support the second amendment and show are support by selling holsters to those people who feel the need to defend themselves or other and by selling holsters and belts to the every day person who would hunts and utilizes hand guns for sport.

While traveling from Colorado to the east coast we had heard rumors that vendors were boycotting the sport show but wanted to confirm this before we made a rash decision. We are a small company that can not afford to loose our business on the east coast. Like many other small companies this one show comprises a large portion of our yearly sales. While traveling a reporter called us and asked if we were going to the Eastern Sport & Outdoor Show in Harrisburg? We said of course we have been there for multiple years and knew a lot of other people that were coming. She then continued to talk about the boycotting and whether we would boycott? We stated that we needed to talk with the promoters first before we made that decision. We also stated that we had not been able to get ahold of the promoters for the last couple of days to get an explanation of what was going on. And true to reporters around the nation, she used what she wanted and not the whole story.

We have talked to many small businesses and we all believe that what the Reed Exhibitions has done to the hunting/gun/sporting community is not fair. For legal reason we will hold off on putting our name on the boycotting list. We have been instructed that if we “willing pull out” of the show we have no ground to fight the show but if the show violates its contract by postponing or canceling the show then we have a case.

We are an AMERICAN company that makes AMERICAN holsters and WILL CONTINUE TO SUPPORT THE SECOND AMENDMENT with or without the Eastern Sport & Outdoor Show.

Due to recent events and the cancellation of the Eastern Sports & Outdoor Show in Harrisburg, PA we will NOT be exhibiting at the show. Please see our Show listing for where we will be instead.

MKEgal

If they had pulled out voluntarily, instead of waiting for the show to be cancelled, they could have been included in the (FREE) online marketplace listing of 2A-supporting businesses.
I'll have to find the info from FaceBook (to post a link to it), but once smaller companies started expressing economic concerns, this marketplace was created.
I'm sure it won't replace all their lost income, but it's better than not being included.

ETA: here's the site created to support vendors who voluntarily withdrew
http://www.myneod.com/

Last edited: