Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I just saw this. 3 box a day ammo limit

I just saw this. 3 box a day ammo limit

Re: I just saw this. 3 box a day ammo limit

I live within 30 miles of 5 Walmart's and none of them even have 3 boxes of ammo, so it doesn't really matter for me.

What he said. Doesn't make much difference when you can't FIND three boxes of ammo in the first place. My wife & I drove all over the friggin' north end yesterday, from Kesselrings to Cabelas. Cabaelas had TONS of 7.62x39, NO .223 or .22, Kesselrings was the first place I've seen in a while that had any significant amount of .223 or bulk .22. Picked up 100 rounds of the former & 1000 of the latter, wish I had the budget for more. Feller said they happened to find it going thru the warehouse. Probably won't last. Overheard a WSP officer wanting to get on "the list" for an AR. That's bad when the cops can't even get them. But they did have a $50,000 45-70 Gatling gun on display
    It is very wise to not take a watermelon lightly.

I know this place in MT that I can still bulk order 1000rd 223 albeit at higher prices than before. I won't divulge my secret though, don't want it to dry up like the rest.
    I Am Not A Lawyer, verify all facts presented independently.

It's called the "American Dream" because you have to be asleep to believe it. - George Carlin

I carry a spare tire, in case I have a flat. I carry life insurance, in case I die. I carry a gun, in case I need it.

Brass and Bullets can still be found so I'm making my own for the time being.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwing View Post
    Brass and Bullets can still be found so I'm making my own for the time being.
    I have been doing the above most of my life, it always amazed me that shooters just did not catch on. The only ammo I don't make is 9X18 because it is soooo cheap. So far it seems to not have been affected by the ammo scare.
    It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

There is a small gunshop ( caters to Black powder mostly) in Cle Elum, that has plenty of ammo in stock. I cannot remember the name, but as you enter town from the west it is on the left side of the road.
    They are OC friendly
    (ok spydertattoo now on topic)

I just stepped down to using .22 short in my .22 lr bolt rifles.

if you're willing to bid tooth and nail and far overpay there is always gunbroker.
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

NRA Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raffie View Post
    I would suspect that would be a store specific restriction. That store may be low on stock and not expecting more at a rate to cover their normal demand.

Our local (45 miles) Walmart has had full shelves and empty shelves, then full shelves again. I suspect they are selling all the ammo they can find. Don't know for sure because I don't go down their often.

The local BigR farm supply store had .17 wrm on sale last flyer out. Haven't been in there in quite awhile to see how they are doing for ammo, or gun sellection.

Sounds like a marketing gimmick.

It will make it sound like they will be the only store with ammo available. People come in for ammo and leave with other things as well.
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

Banned
    I have heard of this rationing due to the rush for ammo ... people I know just bought a few boxes, left and went right back in..no problems...

Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    I have been doing the above most of my life, it always amazed me that shooters just did not catch on. The only ammo I don't make is 9X18 because it is soooo cheap. So far it seems to not have been affected by the ammo scare.
    9x18 as in 9mm Makarov? Far as I've seen, that's neither plentiful nor cheap. Or are you referring to 9x19 Luger?

The reason reloading hasn't "caught on," is because not everyone has the time to take on another hobby on top of shooting in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Metalhead47 View Post
    9x18 as in 9mm Makarov? Far as I've seen, that's neither plentiful nor cheap. Or are you referring to 9x19 Luger?

The reason reloading hasn't "caught on," is because not everyone has the time to take on another hobby on top of shooting in the first place.
    really, I've seen surplus makarov go for 10 dollars a box of 50. for centerfire pistol ammo that's cheap.
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

NRA Member

1,000 ROUNDS DELIVERED
    SKU: 9x18-MAK-PRVI-93GR-1000
    Availability: 29 in stock
    $350.00

Buy in bulk....you will be shooting it eventually.
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by EMNofSeattle View Post
    really, I've seen surplus makarov go for 10 dollars a box of 50. for centerfire pistol ammo that's cheap.
    WHERE? Even before the shortage I rarely saw it on anyone's self, and when it was it was expensive new production, not surplus. Drove all over the north end Wednesday and only found two places selling any, only a couple boxes left each, cheapest $16.50

Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie View Post
    1,000 ROUNDS DELIVERED
    SKU: 9x18-MAK-PRVI-93GR-1000
    Availability: 29 in stock
    $350.00

Buy in bulk....you will be shooting it eventually.
    Again, WHERE? Best price I ever found was around $200/500 down at Surplus Ammo.

Fellow the other day said even in Russia it's getting hard to find.
    Last edited by Metalhead47; 01-25-2013 at 06:48 AM.

I buy wolf ammo online without problems, and usually get it within a couple days, where other ammo shows out of stock. Usually it is anywhere from 10 to 12 dollars. It used to be around 9 dollars, so while it has gone up, it has not skyrocketed. As far as the time, I guess that is their loss, reloading can be done most of the time while others spend time on video games and watching TV. For the most part it can be done while watching TV or listening to music. Just during the vital charging and loading takes directed attention, I make sure there are no distractions. A half hour a day is not really that much time, casting usually takes longer though.
    Last edited by WalkingWolf; 01-25-2013 at 07:04 AM.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

I buy wolf ammo online without problems, and usually get it within a couple days, where other ammo shows out of stock. Usually it is anywhere from 10 to 12 dollars. It used to be around 9 dollars, so while it has gone up, it has not skyrocketed. As far as the time, I guess that is their loss, reloading can be done most of the time while others spend time on video games and watching TV. For the most part it can be done while watching TV or listening to music. Just during the vital charging and loading takes directed attention, I make sure there are no distractions. A half hour a day is not really that much time, casting usually takes longer though.
    Trust me, when ones does not have it, half an our a day is a VERY long time.

9x18 as in 9mm Makarov?
    You're right. Staying home at night and loading a box or two of ammo often gets in the way of going out and drinking with the gang.

Reloaders, for some reason, don't seem to have the "ammo shortage" issues that others do.
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

Quote Originally Posted by amlevin View Post
    You're right. Staying home at night and loading a box or two of ammo often gets in the way of going out and drinking with the gang.

Reloaders, for some reason, don't seem to have the "ammo shortage" issues that others do.
    I have three kids from 7 to 2 and a fourth on the way. To suggest that anyone that doesn't have the time to reload must be out drinking is a bit insulting. I also have a home to take care of. Should I just let it fall apart?

Just some things to think about.
    Guns don't kill people, bullets do!

Quote Originally Posted by tombrewster421 View Post
    I have three kids from 7 to 2 and a fourth on the way. To suggest that anyone that doesn't have the time to reload must be out drinking is a bit insulting. I also have a home to take care of. Should I just let it fall apart?

Just some things to think about.
    Beat me to it, thank you. It IS downright insulting to insinuate that anyone who doesn't reload is basically wasting their time. I barely have an hour of down time at home every night before I have to be in bed to do it all over again. Days off aren't any better. This is what really put me off with the reloading crowd. This mentality that they can't understand why it just isn't a practical option for EVERYONE, that those who don't are some how silly, amateurish, or just below them. It's a great thing if you have the mental and financial capital to invest in it in the first place, AND the TIME even to get that far. That's what you're trading. Doesn't work for everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beat me to it, thank you. It IS downright insulting to insinuate that anyone who doesn't reload is basically wasting their time. I barely have an hour of down time at home every night before I have to be in bed to do it all over again. Days off aren't any better. This is what really put me off with the reloading crowd. This mentality that they can't understand why it just isn't a practical option for EVERYONE, that those who don't are some how silly, amateurish, or just below them. It's a great thing if you have the mental and financial capital to invest in it in the first place, AND the TIME even to get that far. That's what you're trading. Doesn't work for everyone.

Reloading crowd???
    Robert E. Lee
    President Donald Trump

Reloading crowd???
    Yes, reloading crowd. Kinda like the "glock" crowd or the ".45 crowd" or any other crowd that thinks THEIR way is the ONLY way and anyone who doesn't do it their way is worthy of, at best, condescension.

Yes, reloading crowd. Kinda like the "glock" crowd or the ".45 crowd" or any other crowd that thinks THEIR way is the ONLY way and anyone who doesn't do it their way is worthy of, at best, condescension.

Well I didn't know there was such a crowd. Where do I register for this crowd? You sound just as bad as what you are claiming.

Reloading is not only a hobby, it is way to save literally thousands of dollars over a lifetime. If it is not for you, it is not for you, you sound jealous though.

BTW those boxes of ammo were loaded by commercial loading crowds. God didn't create it. If you want to pay triple or more for ammo, that you have to work to pay for that is OK with me. Just more range brass for me. A thousand rounds of .45 costs me maybe a little over $100, how much does it cost you?
    Robert E. Lee
    President Donald Trump

You forgot the CC only crowd. Which is arguably the worst when it comes to being condescending.
    Guns don't kill people, bullets do!

Well I didn't know there was such a crowd. Where do I register for this crowd? You sound just as bad as what you are claiming.

Reloading is not only a hobby, it is way to save literally thousands of dollars over a lifetime. If it is not for you, it is not for you, you sound jealous though.

BTW those boxes of ammo were loaded by commercial loading crowds. God didn't create it. If you want to pay triple or more for ammo, that you have to work to pay for that is OK with me. Just more range brass for me. A thousand rounds of .45 costs me maybe a little over $100, how much does it cost you?
    I do not, and you have just proved my point. Your response is utterly dripping with condescension and superiority, as was your first blurb in this thread. Whereas I said quite plainly that reloading can be a good option for those who can make the time trade off, you obviously think you're better than those who can't. Or won't. Or you wouldn't be responding with such open hostility.
    Last edited by Metalhead47; 01-26-2013 at 12:41 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast