• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I just saw this. 3 box a day ammo limit

Metalhead47

What he said. Doesn't make much difference when you can't FIND three boxes of ammo in the first place. My wife & I drove all over the friggin' north end yesterday, from Kesselrings to Cabelas. Cabaelas had TONS of 7.62x39, NO .223 or .22, Kesselrings was the first place I've seen in a while that had any significant amount of .223 or bulk .22. Picked up 100 rounds of the former & 1000 of the latter, wish I had the budget for more. Feller said they happened to find it going thru the warehouse. Probably won't last. Overheard a WSP officer wanting to get on "the list" for an AR. That's bad when the cops can't even get them. But they did have a $50,000 45-70 Gatling gun on display :cool:

slapmonkay

Campaign Veteran
I know this place in MT that I can still bulk order 1000rd 223 albeit at higher prices than before. :eek: :rolleyes: I won't divulge my secret though, don't want it to dry up like the rest.

WalkingWolf

Brass and Bullets can still be found so I'm making my own for the time being.

I have been doing the above most of my life, it always amazed me that shooters just did not catch on. The only ammo I don't make is 9X18 because it is soooo cheap. So far it seems to not have been affected by the ammo scare.

Trigger Dr

There is a small gunshop ( caters to Black powder mostly) in Cle Elum, that has plenty of ammo in stock. I cannot remember the name, but as you enter town from the west it is on the left side of the road.
They are OC friendly
(ok spydertattoo now on topic)

hermannr

I would suspect that would be a store specific restriction. That store may be low on stock and not expecting more at a rate to cover their normal demand.

Our local (45 miles) Walmart has had full shelves and empty shelves, then full shelves again. I suspect they are selling all the ammo they can find. Don't know for sure because I don't go down their often.

The local BigR farm supply store had .17 wrm on sale last flyer out. Haven't been in there in quite awhile to see how they are doing for ammo, or gun sellection.

davidmcbeth

Banned
I have heard of this rationing due to the rush for ammo ... people I know just bought a few boxes, left and went right back in..no problems...

Metalhead47

I have been doing the above most of my life, it always amazed me that shooters just did not catch on. The only ammo I don't make is 9X18 because it is soooo cheap. So far it seems to not have been affected by the ammo scare.

9x18 as in 9mm Makarov? Far as I've seen, that's neither plentiful nor cheap. Or are you referring to 9x19 Luger?

The reason reloading hasn't "caught on," is because not everyone has the time to take on another hobby on top of shooting in the first place.

EMNofSeattle

9x18 as in 9mm Makarov? Far as I've seen, that's neither plentiful nor cheap. Or are you referring to 9x19 Luger?

The reason reloading hasn't "caught on," is because not everyone has the time to take on another hobby on top of shooting in the first place.

really, I've seen surplus makarov go for 10 dollars a box of 50. for centerfire pistol ammo that's cheap.

Metalhead47

really, I've seen surplus makarov go for 10 dollars a box of 50. for centerfire pistol ammo that's cheap.

WHERE? Even before the shortage I rarely saw it on anyone's self, and when it was it was expensive new production, not surplus. Drove all over the north end Wednesday and only found two places selling any, only a couple boxes left each, cheapest $16.50

1,000 ROUNDS DELIVERED
SKU: 9x18-MAK-PRVI-93GR-1000
Availability: 29 in stock
$350.00

Buy in bulk....you will be shooting it eventually.

Again, WHERE? Best price I ever found was around $200/500 down at Surplus Ammo.

Fellow the other day said even in Russia it's getting hard to find.

Last edited:

WalkingWolf

I buy wolf ammo online without problems, and usually get it within a couple days, where other ammo shows out of stock. Usually it is anywhere from 10 to 12 dollars. It used to be around 9 dollars, so while it has gone up, it has not skyrocketed. As far as the time, I guess that is their loss, reloading can be done most of the time while others spend time on video games and watching TV. For the most part it can be done while watching TV or listening to music. Just during the vital charging and loading takes directed attention, I make sure there are no distractions. A half hour a day is not really that much time, casting usually takes longer though.

Last edited:

Metalhead47

I buy wolf ammo online without problems, and usually get it within a couple days, where other ammo shows out of stock. Usually it is anywhere from 10 to 12 dollars. It used to be around 9 dollars, so while it has gone up, it has not skyrocketed. As far as the time, I guess that is their loss, reloading can be done most of the time while others spend time on video games and watching TV. For the most part it can be done while watching TV or listening to music. Just during the vital charging and loading takes directed attention, I make sure there are no distractions. A half hour a day is not really that much time, casting usually takes longer though.

Trust me, when ones does not have it, half an our a day is a VERY long time.

amlevin

9x18 as in 9mm Makarov?

You're right. Staying home at night and loading a box or two of ammo often gets in the way of going out and drinking with the gang.

Reloaders, for some reason, don't seem to have the "ammo shortage" issues that others do.

tombrewster421

You're right. Staying home at night and loading a box or two of ammo often gets in the way of going out and drinking with the gang.

Reloaders, for some reason, don't seem to have the "ammo shortage" issues that others do.

I have three kids from 7 to 2 and a fourth on the way. To suggest that anyone that doesn't have the time to reload must be out drinking is a bit insulting. I also have a home to take care of. Should I just let it fall apart?

Just some things to think about.

Metalhead47

I have three kids from 7 to 2 and a fourth on the way. To suggest that anyone that doesn't have the time to reload must be out drinking is a bit insulting. I also have a home to take care of. Should I just let it fall apart?

Just some things to think about.

Beat me to it, thank you. It IS downright insulting to insinuate that anyone who doesn't reload is basically wasting their time. I barely have an hour of down time at home every night before I have to be in bed to do it all over again. Days off aren't any better. This is what really put me off with the reloading crowd. This mentality that they can't understand why it just isn't a practical option for EVERYONE, that those who don't are some how silly, amateurish, or just below them. It's a great thing if you have the mental and financial capital to invest in it in the first place, AND the TIME even to get that far. That's what you're trading. Doesn't work for everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk