Thread: The Well Armed Woman - Northern Virginia Chapter

Thumbs up The Well Armed Woman - Northern Virginia Chapter

I have recently become the chapter leader for the Northern Virginia Chapter of The Well Armed Woman (www.thewellarmedwoman.com). The group has 52,000+ members nationally. Iím looking forward to increasing that presence here in Virginia. I have created a Meetup Group to make organizing activities and meetings a bit easier. Any woman that is interested in becoming a better skilled, armed woman is welcome to join. It is a womenís only group, but fear not men, we will invite you out to play with us occasionally.

http://www.meetup.com/The-Well-Armed...-NOVA-Chapter/

We will be having monthly events for target practice, social gatherings and monthly meetings to discuss a variety of topics that are important to all of us.

I hope all the women here will join and that you will also pass along the link to the Meetup Group.
    =============================
    NRA Certified Instructor & Range Safety Officer
    Teaching classes in Lorton VA & Springfield VA
    PM me if you need a class, RSO or safety briefing

sweet! passing the link on to my wife right now.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    I'll be watching and listening because.......well..,,....frankly, I like women with guns
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.Ē Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

You're a funny man! Sadly I am too far south to take part. More power to you!

Quote Originally Posted by MamabearCali View Post
    Be that lone voice in the wilderness. Make them come not only south of the Ni, but South of the James!

And then figure out how to generate interest/participation from all the other Well Armed Women around here. At Lobby Day I saw women going through the search area showing their CHP, and then after they opened up the CHP line more women that I never woulkd have suspected would be gun owners. Some were OCing! They could not all have been from out of town, could they?

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

The Well Armed Woman - Northern Virginia Chapter

Quote Originally Posted by MamabearCali View Post
    Where in VA are you? I believe there are several other chapters being set up in VA but I'm not sure where the other chapters will be established. I'm just the first VA chapter to get started.

Quote Originally Posted by cptstoney View Post
    sweet! passing the link on to my wife right now.
    Thanks! Feel free to have her invite her friends along too.

Do you know if any chapters will be/are starting up in Hampton Roads? It'd be nice to have some women to shoot with.

I don't know but I can check and see. There are more chapters being added daily.

Quote Originally Posted by Justine View Post
    Do you know if any chapters will be/are starting up in Hampton Roads? It'd be nice to have some women to shoot with.
    We have Chapters in Lorton, Reston, Richmond, Smithfield, and Warrenton

If you want to be put in touch with the leaders please let me know.

Want more information

New to site. Thrilled to find this post. Live in Amherst, Co. and would dearly love to connect with other "well armed women". Operate my own animal centered business and as all small biz owners, I barely have time to eat, much less travel a far distance to form community with like minded women. I am hoping that there is a chapter closer to the Amherst/Nelson area or enough individuals nearby to form a chapter. Please contact me to let me know more or if you live in this area.

Though this area is predominately a large gun ownership, shooting enthusiast area, few of the folks you run into are women at ranges and such. I find the attitude of many of the men at these places, towards a female weapons enthusiast, to still be patronizing and paternalistic. Contradictions in women are not well met, often times even by other women. How I would enjoy the company of other women who enjoy shooting for its own sake and who see self reliance, including proficiency with firearms, as desireable female traits.

Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanctuary View Post
    New to site. Thrilled to find this post. Live in Amherst, Co. and would dearly love to connect with other "well armed women". Operate my own animal centered business and as all small biz owners, I barely have time to eat, much less travel a far distance to form community with like minded women. I am hoping that there is a chapter closer to the Amherst/Nelson area or enough individuals nearby to form a chapter. Please contact me to let me know more or if you live in this area.

Though this area is predominately a large gun ownership, shooting enthusiast area, few of the folks you run into are women at ranges and such. I find the attitude of many of the men at these places, towards a female weapons enthusiast, to still be patronizing and paternalistic. Contradictions in women are not well met, often times even by other women. How I would enjoy the company of other women who enjoy shooting for its own sake and who see self reliance, including proficiency with firearms, as desireable female traits.

Welcome to OCDO!

I wish you were closer, too.

The things that will stop the patronizing and condescension are knowledge, confidence, and enthusiasm. Sounds like you're on your way. If you want to start something in your area, you might have to reach out to those who have avoided the ranges because of said attitude, but who carry anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanctuary View Post

Welcome to OCDO!
    If you think you'd like to be a chapter leader, I can put you in touch with our founder. There is an application that you fill out for her to review and if she likes you she'll make you a chapter lead and you can build a chapter in your area. You may be the catalyst to bring the women out of the woodwork.

Where is the "Like" button?

Passing this info on to the wife.

Quote Originally Posted by FBrinson View Post
    Passing this info on to the wife.
    Excellent! We are going to Blur Ridge Arsenal for Ladies Night this Monday February 11