Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Being interviewed tomorrow between 5 and 6 am on King 5 for the Seattle gun buy back

Being interviewed tomorrow between 5 and 6 am on King 5 for the Seattle gun buy back

Just thought I'd give everyone a heads up. I was contacted by King 5 today regarding a story they are doing on the Seattle Gun buy back. I am meeting with them tomorrow morning at the location of the buy back on Saturday. That means LOTS of preparation tonight for me! I will be dressed in a shirt and tie, maybe a suit. I am not planning on OC'ing for the interview, I want to stick on topic and not have any distractions. I know the SAF will be there as well for the buy back, not sure if anyone is getting interviewed. Wish me luck!

Scott
    Too lazy to do a blog! Follow me on Twitter instead! @6ShotScott

I wanted to put this in 'all caps', but I try not to yell.

This is freakin' great.
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

Being interviewed tomorrow between 5 and 6 am on King 5 for the Seattle gun buy back

Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie View Post

This is freakin' great.
    Thanks! I'm pretty excited about it. They are also interviewing SPD and a city council member, not sure which one and I don't know if they will be there when I'm there. I'll do my best to represent the gun rights community.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

If it's Tim Burgess or Bruce Harrell get ready for some awful crap.

Are they interviewing you altogether or separately?

NavyLT says..."Practice your speech..."

This is good advice mate. The will try to put you on the spot.
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

Being interviewed tom. between 5 and 6 am on King 5 for the Seattle gun buy back

Quote Originally Posted by Alpine View Post
    If it's Tim Burgess or Bruce Harrell get ready for some awful crap.

Are they interviewing you altogether or separately?
    I'm expecting it to be one of them. I believe they will be separate interviews.

Scott

tomorrow between 5 and 6 am on King 5 for the Seattle gun buy back

NavyLT says..."Practice your speech..."

This is good advice mate. The will try to put you on the spot.
    I will enlist my wife to help me with that...

Banned
    wear nice lipstick

Don't forget to mention this is the gun buy back loophole! The police destroying evidence used in crimes with not even a name taken down!!! Expose it!!!!

Been harassed by the police? Yelled at by the anti-gun neighbors? Mother doesn't approve?

Then this is the place for you! Click here to get back at them!

This is freakin' great.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeIsTrouble View Post
    Don't forget to mention this is the gun buy back loophole! The police destroying evidence used in crimes with not even a name taken down!!! Expose it!!!!
    I'd like to hit on a couple points.

1. If you had a family member who was a victim of gun crime would you want a program which could potentially destroy the evidence which could bring the perpetrator to justice?
    2. Even gun control advocates agree that these programs do nothing to reduce gun crime.
    3. A lot or most of the guns that will be turned in are non-functional and couldn't be used in a crime anyway (will need more research to determine the validity of this)
    4. we need to focus on enforcement of current gun laws (maybe cite some stories where people received a slap on the wrist in Seattle)

Scott

Can anyone PM me the time and place or the buyback?
    -LIFETIME NRA MEMBER-
    || SPRINGFIELD LOADED SS || LES BAER CUSTOM CARRY HARD CHROME || SPRINGFIELD TRP ||
    -DONT TREAD ON ME-

Just point out Gun Control does work.
    Look at Mexico.
    The Drug Cartel controls the guns and its working great for them.

I just feel most things in the US are predestined by our over the top corrupt officials and they do the dog and pony show to give the illusion the system does work.

In short some of the higher ups in our country feel there is no tyranny to worry about. Hence no need for guns to defend against.
    If there is no tyranny to worry about then why worry about removing guns in the 1st place.

Also why did DHS buy over 1.6 billion rounds of ammo?
    Are they expecting problems in the US where they would need that much ammo?

There is many parts of the puzzle and they are falling into place pretty quick.

we should show up with a bunch of cash and out bid the city maybe a group buy!!!

Rerviewed tomorrow between 5 and 6 am on King 5 for the Seattle gun buy back

Quote Originally Posted by Raffie View Post
    Just point out Gun Control does work.
    Look at Mexico.
    The Drug Cartel controls the guns and its working great for them.

I just feel most things in the US are predestined by our over the top corrupt officials and they do the dog and pony show to give the illusion the system does work.

In short some of the higher ups in our country feel there is no tyranny to worry about. Hence no need for guns to defend against.
    If there is no tyranny to worry about then why worry about removing guns in the 1st place.

Also why did DHS buy over 1.6 billion rounds of ammo?
    Are they expecting problems in the US where they would need that much ammo?

There is many parts of the puzzle and they are falling into place pretty quick.
    I think I'll stick to why gun buy back don't work and leave the conspiracy theories for another interview.

eing interviewed tomorrow between 5 and 6 am on King 5 for the Seattle gun buy back

Quote Originally Posted by mtlhdtodd View Post
    we should show up with a bunch of cash and out bid the city maybe a group buy!!!
    That's one of the reasons why I'm being interviewed, I'm bringing a cash for guns sign...

Scott

Quote Originally Posted by skeith5 View Post
    That's one of the reasons why I'm being interviewed, I'm bringing a cash for guns sign...

Scott

What's the location for the buy back. I might have a little spare cash.

Quote Originally Posted by skeith5 View Post
    I think I'll stick to why gun buy back don't work and leave the conspiracy theories for another interview.
    This is Truth!

I, too, will have a sign that will say..."I Pay Cash!"

Quote Originally Posted by mtlhdtodd View Post
    What's the location for the buy back. I might have a little spare cash.
    Saturday from 9am to 3pm. Between cherry and James under the freeway.

My suggestion would be keep it short and to the point, they have already decided what the story is going to be pro or con and you are basically a sound bit for their story.

A large part of the interview will never be seen.
    • Being prepared is to prepare, this is our responsibility.
    • I am not your Mommy or Daddy and do not sugar coat it but I will tell you simply as how I see it, it is up to you on how you will or will not use it.
    • IANAL, all information I present is for your review, do your own homework.

Quote Originally Posted by BigDave View Post
    My suggestion would be keep it short and to the point, they have already decided what the story is going to be pro or con and you are basically a sound bit for their story.

A large part of the interview will never be seen.
    LOL, so much for no pressure.

Make sure you choose your words wisely...just my .02!
    I don't mind watching the OC-Community (tea party 2.0's, who have hijacked the OC-Community) cannibalize itself. I do mind watching OC dragged through the gutter. OC is an exercise of A Right. I choose to not OC; I choose to not own firearms. I choose to leave the OC-Community to it's own self-inflicted injuries, and eventual implosion. Carry on...

That is excellent that king will do the interview with you on the buy back.I was originally planning to bring 20,000 dollars but am a little leery as to where it is being held.I conferred with Dave Workman on this and he was feeling the same apprehension.Also be wary of king as I have done many interviews with them in the past and watch how they they spin things.If you notice their report on our rally was more focused on the 2 antis there and not what we were there for.I thought KOMO actually did the best job in their balance. Our very first rally in 09 king edited to where they had more from the antis than why we were there. Calling us the wild west ,taking someones interview out of context.All I'm saying is just watch your back with those guys.Not to open carry is a good decision ,conceal in that context as they will try to use that against you.Just a heads up based on passed experience,so good luck and we're counting on on you.

As I mentioned before I have been asked to represent Open carry at a leadership lunch on feb 9th to build a platform on where we stand to take to our various councils ,sheriffs etc. I will keep you posted on that meeting.And yes I will bring God into the context of our God given rights.

Here is the king Video as to what I was referring to see if you can spot how this was edited .This was the first Willow Lake i did in March 09 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7xNQ...eature=related
    Last edited by DEROS72; 01-24-2013 at 10:07 PM.

Thanks Jim,

I think Komo did a better job reporting the rally as well. I'm going to keep things short to hopefully not allow them to get creative with the editing and will only talk about issues with the gun buy back. I've got the talking points on the last gun buy back that Seattle did and have been practicing answering the questions I think they will ask.

Scott

If I remember correctly, everytime KING has come to an event; Lakewood/Brewster, Oly rally's, etc.. they always ask about race. Beware.
    Live Free or Die!

Quote Originally Posted by gogodawgs View Post
    If I remember correctly, everytime KING has come to an event; Lakewood/Brewster, Oly rally's, etc.. they always ask about race. Beware.
    I wouldn't entertain any questions about race, it had nothing to do with why I'm going to be at the buyback. Although I was thinking about getting a t-shirt that says don't hate me because I'm black with a silhouette of an ar15...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast