Thread: City council member tries to violate preemption and gets the backhand! (Wash. state)

City council member tries to violate preemption and gets the backhand! (Wash. state)

While this is out of state, i thought it was a pretty interesting recent video that shows some politicians still understand the oath they have taken!

Last edited by Grapeshot; 01-24-2013 at 05:15 PM. Reason: Fixed title
    "Yes, I am carrying a loaded firearm. Why aren't you? "

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Required viewing?

The council members and mayors of the cities of Richmond and Newport News should take note.
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 01-24-2013 at 05:08 PM.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

I think a copy should be brought down to the Norfolk city council.....I heard they still have a hard time figuring out that Bill of Rights thingy!

What I want to see is video of the next Council meeting, to see if the hoplophobe attacks the Mayor for his words.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Epic win for the servicemember and well said by the Mayor.
    Remember Peter Nap and Skidmark. Do them proud. Be active. Be well informed. ALL rights matter.

"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when you may have to back up your acts with your life."

--Robert A. Heinlein

Hey NSA! *&$# you. Record this--- MOLON LABE!

He should have played them. Led them along to the point where the guy asked him to leave. Then file a lawsuit for depriving him of his right to participate in the public forum and buy a new car.

TFred

Quote Originally Posted by TFred View Post
    He should have played them. Led them along to the point where the guy asked him to leave. Then file a lawsuit for depriving him of his right to participate in the public forum and buy a new car.

TFred
    Ultimately leading to higher fees, fines, costs, and taxes for him

Quote Originally Posted by TFred View Post

TFred
    Why? We like not to cause trouble however we do not back down from it. Encounters are not fun for us they suck. Lawsuits are long, costly and the taxpayer foots the bill so why even say that. Are you looking for a reason to start one? I just don't see the logic in what you said.
    Last edited by All American Nightmare; 01-25-2013 at 12:37 AM.

The logic, place in the official record as much anti-liberty rhetoric as possible for future use in the next election cycle. It is called "using your enemy's tactics against them." A law suit brings further scrutiny on the offending public official. The goal of every OCer should be to focus on your local public officials. A top down approach takes far longer to affect change than a bottom up approach. If a political subdivision can be made to comply with state law at all times, and without "thinking" then the focus of our political energies can be on the state.

I do not frequent many towns in my state and likely never will. I focus on my little town and when they are trained to comply with state law without thinking then I am free to focus on the state.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Excellent video, definitely can be linked and related to carry in Virginia due to preemption. That Mayor strikes me as a man of character just by the way he handled the matter and presented himself. Thanks for sharing!
    "These are the shock troops (opencarry.org) of the gun lobby. And, they are not going away."
    Ceasefire NJ Director Brian Miller, NJ.com, August 20, 2009

Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    What I want to see is video of the next Council meeting, to see if the hoplophobe attacks the Mayor for his words. stay safe.
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...o-lawsuit-club this is the link

Hi Skid , I will be at the next meeting on 5 FEB 13. It is scheduled for 1800 and will be streaming online live (and recorded for later). Many Open Carriers will be at this meeting as we were told that if "twenty or so people show up with guns we may cancel the meeting." This will not happen(the cancel part). Those of us who wish to speak will get three minutes each. It will be fun. I love my Constitution and those who support the Document.
    Last edited by MSG Laigaie; 01-25-2013 at 10:47 AM. Reason: spelig
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie View Post
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...o-lawsuit-club this is the link

Hi Skid , I will be at the next meeting on 5 FEB 13. It is scheduled for 1800 and will be streaming online live (and recorded for later). Many Open Carriers will be at this meeting as we were told that if "twenty or so people show up with guns we may cancel the meeting." This will not happen(the cancel part). Those of us who wish to speak will get three minutes each. It will be fun. I love my Constitution and those who support the Document.
    Looking forward to it - please post a link here.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Kudos, Master Sarge.

Reminds me that I have not annoyed my city council for a while. Anyone up for a Monday night excapade? I have a lot of issues to discuss with my elected betters.
    Remember Peter Nap and Skidmark. Do them proud. Be active. Be well informed. ALL rights matter.

"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when you may have to back up your acts with your life."

--Robert A. Heinlein

Hey NSA! *&$# you. Record this--- MOLON LABE!