• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

City council member tries to violate preemption and gets the backhand! (Wash. state)

ryan7068

While this is out of state, i thought it was a pretty interesting recent video that shows some politicians still understand the oath they have taken!

[video=youtube;kKpLhNiC8zg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKpLhNiC8zg[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Required viewing?

The council members and mayors of the cities of Richmond and Newport News should take note. :)

Last edited:

ryan7068

I think a copy should be brought down to the Norfolk city council.....I heard they still have a hard time figuring out that Bill of Rights thingy! :confused:

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
What I want to see is video of the next Council meeting, to see if the hoplophobe attacks the Mayor for his words.

stay safe.

TFred

He should have played them. Led them along to the point where the guy asked him to leave. Then file a lawsuit for depriving him of his right to participate in the public forum and buy a new car.

TFred

ryan7068

He should have played them. Led them along to the point where the guy asked him to leave. Then file a lawsuit for depriving him of his right to participate in the public forum and buy a new car.

TFred

Ultimately leading to higher fees, fines, costs, and taxes for him:eek:

All American Nightmare

TFred

Why? We like not to cause trouble however we do not back down from it. Encounters are not fun for us they suck. Lawsuits are long, costly and the taxpayer foots the bill so why even say that. Are you looking for a reason to start one? I just don't see the logic in what you said.

Last edited:

OC for ME

The logic, place in the official record as much anti-liberty rhetoric as possible for future use in the next election cycle. It is called "using your enemy's tactics against them." A law suit brings further scrutiny on the offending public official. The goal of every OCer should be to focus on your local public officials. A top down approach takes far longer to affect change than a bottom up approach. If a political subdivision can be made to comply with state law at all times, and without "thinking" then the focus of our political energies can be on the state.

I do not frequent many towns in my state and likely never will. I focus on my little town and when they are trained to comply with state law without thinking then I am free to focus on the state.

T Dubya

Campaign Veteran
Excellent video, definitely can be linked and related to carry in Virginia due to preemption. That Mayor strikes me as a man of character just by the way he handled the matter and presented himself. Thanks for sharing!

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
What I want to see is video of the next Council meeting, to see if the hoplophobe attacks the Mayor for his words. stay safe.

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/s...bor-going-to-follow-Seattle-into-lawsuit-club this is the link

Hi Skid , I will be at the next meeting on 5 FEB 13. It is scheduled for 1800 and will be streaming online live (and recorded for later). Many Open Carriers will be at this meeting as we were told that if "twenty or so people show up with guns we may cancel the meeting." This will not happen(the cancel part). Those of us who wish to speak will get three minutes each. It will be fun. I love my Constitution and those who support the Document.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/s...bor-going-to-follow-Seattle-into-lawsuit-club this is the link

Hi Skid , I will be at the next meeting on 5 FEB 13. It is scheduled for 1800 and will be streaming online live (and recorded for later). Many Open Carriers will be at this meeting as we were told that if "twenty or so people show up with guns we may cancel the meeting." This will not happen(the cancel part). Those of us who wish to speak will get three minutes each. It will be fun. I love my Constitution and those who support the Document.

Looking forward to it - please post a link here.

riverrat10k

Kudos, Master Sarge.

Reminds me that I have not annoyed my city council for a while. Anyone up for a Monday night excapade? I have a lot of issues to discuss with my elected betters.