• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Proposed Open Carry Ban HB4104

Big Gay Al

Michigan Moderator
Perhaps since the bill further limits CC in addition to adding yet another area where a CPL holder won't be able to legally Conceal Carry, the chances of this passing are slim. However, if it did get through the legislature, the Governor would most likely sign it.
Just one more reason to make sure he's a one term governor.

DanM

DanM said:
I will bring up SB 59 as often as need be as a reminder of this particular present threat to OC, until it is no longer a present threat to OC. It will cease being a present threat when the MI gun orgs state they are no longer in the business of criminalizing OC to advance their own or others' agendas.

. . . beating a dead horse.

What part of "It will cease being a present threat when the MI gun orgs state they are no longer in the business of criminalizing OC to advance their own or others' agendas" did you not understand?

I agree with your implied suggestion not to beat a dead horse, but there's no dead horse here. MI gun orgs remain a threat to OC until they communicate otherwise. The beatings shall continue on a regular basis while the horse is alive, in order keep it in the minds of OC advocates here to watch everything the MI gun orgs do on bills.

This is an OC advocacy website. Threats to criminalizing OC partially or completely are to be constantly kept alive in our minds, so that we watch diligently and act swiftly to stop it. It doesn't matter if the threat is an anti-gun or pro-gun org, legislator, or individual. Present threats to criminalizing OC are legitimate and relevant to "keep the chatter up" about in order to maintain them in a prime space on our radar.

mikestilly

What part of "It will cease being a present threat when the MI gun orgs state they are no longer in the business of criminalizing OC to advance their own or others' agendas" did you not understand?

I agree with your implied suggestion not to beat a dead horse, but there's no dead horse here. MI gun orgs remain a threat to OC until they communicate otherwise. The beatings shall continue on a regular basis while the horse is alive, in order keep it in the minds of OC advocates here to watch everything the MI gun orgs do on bills.

This is an OC advocacy website. Threats to criminalizing OC partially or completely are to be constantly kept alive in our minds, so that we watch diligently and act swiftly to stop it. It doesn't matter if the threat is an anti-gun or pro-gun org, legislator, or individual. Present threats to criminalizing OC are legitimate and relevant to "keep the chatter up" about in order to maintain them in a prime space on our radar.

Dan, while I completely agree with you, you're getting the flack because the only few active people left on here are fully on board with supporting criminalizing OC in the name of CC with a fee, extra lame training that would have done zero, and added limitations such as allowing public institutions to opt out of our right to carry. I've given up hope that some of our old active people who gave up on MOC and people from OCDO would return. The reason why Evil couldnt get a few people together for a march is because everyone has fled here in mass and I don't blame them. Go ahead now and commence flaming me and bring on the personal attacks because I gave my opinion. Isn't that what OCDO is all about now?

Last edited:

Raggs

Not true, I am not at all on board with this. I think giving up OC rights for CC is not the way to go. Sadly I am clearly in the minority as well.

Dan, while I completely agree with you, you're getting the flack because the only few active people left on here are fully on board with supporting criminalizing OC in the name of CC with a fee, extra lame training that would have done zero, and added limitations such as allowing public institutions to opt out of our right to carry. I've given up hope that some of our old active people who gave up on MOC and people from OCDO would return. The reason why Evil couldnt get a few people together for a march is because everyone has fled here in mass and I don't blame them. Go ahead now and commence flaming me and bring on the personal attacks because I gave my opinion. Isn't that what OCDO is all about now?

DrTodd

Michigan Moderator
Dan, I agree we need to keep the events of the past few months in mind. However, I think that it was a good survey of how things are at the present in the OC community... and the larger gun rights community as well. Hopefully we can get the idea across that by allowing those that oppose certain smaller groups of gun owners to dictate the terms when discussing the issue of firearms, it legitimizes the notion that gun owners are quick to give away stated beliefs for priveleges.

Last edited: