• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

HB700 Open carry bil filed 1/24/2013

okiebryan

Director, Oklahoma Open Carry Association
I read a story about this and it said that this bill has a requirement for a level 2 retention holster. You guys need to get this requirement removed, if you can. Trust me, you don't want cops being the arbiter of whether your holster is legal. When our bill (HB1733) was being discussed on the floor of the OK House, one guy tried to add an amendment that would have required "retention", also at the request of law enforcement. We killed the amendment for the same reason. I do not need law enforcement coming up to inspect my holster and using that as an excuse to try to ID me, or to lecture to me about the perils of OC. "Officer, I do not consent to this contact. I'd like to be on my way. Am I free to leave?" "Hang on, I have to check your holster"... :mad: