Thread: Another Good 2A Story

Another Good 2A Story

From Oak Harbor Washington.

Big Government are you watching? This is how you do it.

http://www.infowars.com/video-mayor-...armed-veteran/
    Hoka hey

Quote Originally Posted by JTHunter View Post
    Anybody want to place a wager on what the party affiliations were for the two that voted in favor of the ban?
    communist/dictator

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JTHunter View Post
    Anybody want to place a wager on what the party affiliations were for the two that voted in favor of the ban?
    I wouldn't have a clue. I didn't follow the link. The OP did not see fit to provide a F U Q, and I don't follow blind links. I really wish folks would get into the habit of providing F U Qs. It is just the respectful and honest thing to do.

Banned
    Studly Dudley hehehehe ... notice how nobody sits next to him though ...

I don't know why the mayor feels safer though .. did he feel unsafe before?

Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    I wouldn't have a clue. I didn't follow the link. The OP did not see fit to provide a F U Q, and I don't follow blind links. I really wish folks would get into the habit of providing F U Qs. It is just the respectful and honest thing to do.
    What the heck is a "F U Q"? I followed the link. The Mayor stood up for a veteran who was lawfully concealed carrying and spoke out about a proposed local ban on lawful carry in public places. After stating that he carried "all the time", one of the anti's asked if he was carrying at that moment. Then he proposed a motion to have citizens entering council chambers to check their weapon or leave.....clearly aimed (no pun intended) at the "offending" veteran speaking up for the 2nd amendment. Second anti seconded the motion and it failed 4-2. The Mayor then asked the city attorney if the proposed rule was lawful to which the attorney responded that it would be invalid and unenforceable.
    "The Second Amendment speaks nothing to an unfettered Right". (Post # 100)
    "Restrictions are not infringements. Bans are infringements.--if it reaches beyond Reasonable bans". (Post # 103)
    Beretta92FSLady
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...ons-Bill/page5

Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer, nothing in any of my posts should be considered legal advice. If you need legal advice, consult a reputable attorney, not an internet forum.

Banned

Another Good 2A Story

Fair Use Quote.

It is legal to excerpt a small amount of copyrighted articles for the purpose of providing an idea what the article says before clicking the link. It is also a common courtesy to do so.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

I wouldn't have a clue what this poster is trying to say. We can't understand random acronyms. The poster did not see fit to provide a description , and I don't read his mind. I really wish folks would get into the habit of providing explanations. It is just the respectful and honest thing to do.
    Click Here for New to WI Open Carry Legal References and Informational Videos--- FAQ's http://Tinyurl.com/OpenCarry-WI

The Armed Badger A WI site dedicated to Concealed Carry in WI

"To disarm the people... was the best and most effectual way to enslave them." -- George Mason, Speech of June 14, 1788

http://Tinyurl.com/New-To-Guns to DL useful Info

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Motofixxer View Post
    I wouldn't have a clue what this poster is trying to say. We can't understand random acronyms. The poster did not see fit to provide a description , and I don't read his mind. I really wish folks would get into the habit of providing explanations. It is just the respectful and honest thing to do.
    It has been explained dozens of times, including in the post immediately above yours, making your post look pretty danged silly. Moving on.

Fair Use Quote.

It is legal to excerpt a small amount of copyrighted articles for the purpose of providing an idea what the article says before clicking the link. It is also a common courtesy to do so.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>
    Ahhhhh something new to me....and I'm currently doing scholarly research. We don't get to do F.U.Q., we have to quote and cite in appropriate format (APA, MLA, Chicago, etc.).
    "The Second Amendment speaks nothing to an unfettered Right". (Post # 100)
    "Restrictions are not infringements. Bans are infringements.--if it reaches beyond Reasonable bans". (Post # 103)
    Beretta92FSLady
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...ons-Bill/page5

Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer, nothing in any of my posts should be considered legal advice. If you need legal advice, consult a reputable attorney, not an internet forum.

I stated what it was.

If you cared to read the article, which describes the whole scene, it was at the link. There was also a video which was linked to that page.

As I stated, it's Another Good 2A Story

I didn't feel the need to put a detailed description, only for you to read it again in the article. Sorry.
    Hoka hey

Fair Use Quote.
    Well that's quite different than the "F**k You" I was reading when you just used the acronym,

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by FallonJeeper View Post
    I stated what it was.

If you cared to read the article, which describes the whole scene, it was at the link. There was also a video which was linked to that page.

As I stated, it's Another Good 2A Story

I didn't feel the need to put a detailed description, only for you to read it again in the article. Sorry.
    You said nothing. You "teased." What are you, some high-priced TV news anchor? I don't follow their teases, and they are a helluva lot more credible with them than you are. I certainly don't think your "teases" are informative or trustworthy enough for me to blindly follow a link.

F U Qs are a common courtesy. "Common, no big deal," as a Sydney Poitier character once said. It shows respect for your fellow posters and garners respect from them. Your behavior, and your silly defense of it, only garnered a stronger rebuke.

I've made the point. No use in dwelling on it, I'll move on. Have the last word. Let's see what kind of impression of yourself you wish to leave.
    Last edited by eye95; 01-27-2013 at 08:36 AM.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FallonJeeper View Post

Big Government are you watching? This is how you do it.

http://www.infowars.com/video-mayor-...armed-veteran/
    Many of us our showing up and prepared to speak. I am fairly surprised how this small town actions have spread like fire across the country. I encourage all to write letters if you can, especially if you are Navy ex Navy, Oak Harbor relies a lot on Sailors.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    After rereading the story, the 2A worked we need more politicians who are afraid of armed citizens to just walk off the job!
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    After rereading the story, the 2A worked we need more politicians who are afraid of armed citizens to just walk off the job!
    YES! I am glad that you pointed that out. I would have missed that positive effect.
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)