• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Another Good 2A Story

eye95

Anybody want to place a wager on what the party affiliations were for the two that voted in favor of the ban?
;)

I wouldn't have a clue. I didn't follow the link. The OP did not see fit to provide a F U Q, and I don't follow blind links. I really wish folks would get into the habit of providing F U Qs. It is just the respectful and honest thing to do.

davidmcbeth

Banned
Studly Dudley hehehehe ... notice how nobody sits next to him though ...

I don't know why the mayor feels safer though .. did he feel unsafe before?

We-the-People

I wouldn't have a clue. I didn't follow the link. The OP did not see fit to provide a F U Q, and I don't follow blind links. I really wish folks would get into the habit of providing F U Qs. It is just the respectful and honest thing to do.

What the heck is a "F U Q"? I followed the link. The Mayor stood up for a veteran who was lawfully concealed carrying and spoke out about a proposed local ban on lawful carry in public places. After stating that he carried "all the time", one of the anti's asked if he was carrying at that moment. Then he proposed a motion to have citizens entering council chambers to check their weapon or leave.....clearly aimed (no pun intended) at the "offending" veteran speaking up for the 2nd amendment. Second anti seconded the motion and it failed 4-2. The Mayor then asked the city attorney if the proposed rule was lawful to which the attorney responded that it would be invalid and unenforceable.

eye95

Fair Use Quote.

It is legal to excerpt a small amount of copyrighted articles for the purpose of providing an idea what the article says before clicking the link. It is also a common courtesy to do so.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

Motofixxer

I wouldn't have a clue what this poster is trying to say. We can't understand random acronyms. The poster did not see fit to provide a description , and I don't read his mind. I really wish folks would get into the habit of providing explanations. It is just the respectful and honest thing to do.

eye95

I wouldn't have a clue what this poster is trying to say. We can't understand random acronyms. The poster did not see fit to provide a description , and I don't read his mind. I really wish folks would get into the habit of providing explanations. It is just the respectful and honest thing to do.

It has been explained dozens of times, including in the post immediately above yours, making your post look pretty danged silly. Moving on.

We-the-People

Fair Use Quote.

It is legal to excerpt a small amount of copyrighted articles for the purpose of providing an idea what the article says before clicking the link. It is also a common courtesy to do so.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

Ahhhhh something new to me....and I'm currently doing scholarly research. We don't get to do F.U.Q., we have to quote and cite in appropriate format (APA, MLA, Chicago, etc.).

FallonJeeper

I stated what it was.

If you cared to read the article, which describes the whole scene, it was at the link. There was also a video which was linked to that page.

As I stated, it's Another Good 2A Story

From Oak Harbor Washington.

I didn't feel the need to put a detailed description, only for you to read it again in the article. Sorry.

eye95

I stated what it was.

If you cared to read the article, which describes the whole scene, it was at the link. There was also a video which was linked to that page.

As I stated, it's Another Good 2A Story

From Oak Harbor Washington.

I didn't feel the need to put a detailed description, only for you to read it again in the article. Sorry.

You said nothing. You "teased." What are you, some high-priced TV news anchor? I don't follow their teases, and they are a helluva lot more credible with them than you are. I certainly don't think your "teases" are informative or trustworthy enough for me to blindly follow a link.

F U Qs are a common courtesy. "Common, no big deal," as a Sydney Poitier character once said. It shows respect for your fellow posters and garners respect from them. Your behavior, and your silly defense of it, only garnered a stronger rebuke.

I've made the point. No use in dwelling on it, I'll move on. Have the last word. Let's see what kind of impression of yourself you wish to leave.

Last edited:

sudden valley gunner