• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Unholstered and cocked!!!

Mattimusmaximus

Not gonna say who (possible me) was getting the step kids ready for dads visitation. Usually peaceful and little words.. I have always OC around the girls and him never said a word. He starts by saying if I ever OC around him again he would kick my ass I told him to worry more about safe driving with the girls. There mother attempted to quiet us down.. We had some exchange of words. She told me to go wait on the sidewalk and out of respect I turned to walk away and heard a click!!!! I turned in time to see him open a rather large knife and lunge towards me I then did what anyone in that position would do I drew my gun and pointed it at the ground and yelled at him to drop it. He then had something to mutter under his breath and put it in his car I holstered my weapon and waited for him to leave she couldn't believe I did that along with what he did.. He then peeled off with the girls. He later called and said that he didn't buckle one of the girls and she flew forward and hit her head. *royal I may or may not have happened to me if asked I will deny and involvement! But my heart was beating a mile a min!!!

-Matt of Hillsboro OR-

Nascar24Glock

Until you talk things over with an attorney, you might want to retract that post (or, at the bare minimum, write it in the third person viewpoint instead of first person).

You have a 5th amendment for a reason; so, use it!

Mattimusmaximus

He has Already talked to an attorney and this has been felt with several months ago. He just approved it to open to public

-Matt of Hillsboro OR-

Warren Drouin

You do know, that when a person draws any type of weapon, you then have the legality on your side to use deadly force. Though, it was good that he back off, but I would report that to the local police or preferably the sheriff and press charges. If you can, get him on audio recording and get him to confess of his attack with his knife.

hermannr

I would have called the police immeadiatly and told them he had pulled a knife on me. You would not have had to worry about visitation for quite awhile.

Z1P2

He then peeled off with the girls. He later called and said that he didn't buckle one of the girls and she flew forward and hit her head.
If you had that recorded, forwarding a copy to the family court and a copy to childrens services should make sure there are no more unsupervised visitations by him. Just Sayin'.

Mattimusmaximus

We'll from now on he is only allowed to have them from 10-1 on sat only and if he messes up once more he will lose parental rights.. Says the judge.. Everyone is on edge to see what he does cause he paid his bail..

-Matt of Hillsboro OR-