• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Legality of buying guns at a gun buyback.

theaero

Hmmmmmm..... that is odd cause that is a cleaning rod for sure.
Nothing important at all.
Dremel time!!! Might have to hack it out.
Not sure how/why its jammed in there.
Since its a used rifle it could be a billion reasons why its like that.

Meh, its going in the safe for now. Don't feel like messing with it. I ordered that bullpup kit though!

skeith5

My Loot

My handguns...

2013-01-26161957_zps3093ba38.jpg

Ammo... about 100 rounds of 30.06

2013-01-26162010_zpsa86be864.jpg

Rifles...

2013-01-26162024_zps7f91bad4.jpg

Raffie

Meh, its going in the safe for now. Don't feel like messing with it. I ordered that bullpup kit though!

Very nice... will be fun fun fun for sure.

Now start looking for Wolf bulk ammo.
I got mine not long ago for $275 no tax and free delivery.

I got the snake cleaning thing works fine. The size you will look for is .308

You got the $229 kit right?
Has the longer mag latch and the rail.
You will need to buy the center grip, sights and the ammo clip for loading the mag.
If you want a bigger mag for it start looking, might take some time to find.
I'm excited for ya...when I get mine I will let you know my thoughts on it.

Last edited:

jeeper1

The SKS cleaning rod

Just pull the end of the cleaning rod free of the notches and pull it out of the stock. It flexes.

OlGutshotWilly

Campaign Veteran
No muzzle break. Its part of the front sight. Here's a pic to describe what I'm talking about. View attachment 9919

Aero,
The cleaning rod is held in the same as on an AK. It can be a real PIA to remove, but it can be done. You have to pull it down and flex it below the front piece that keeps it in. Then pull it out. You may have to use a lever (preferably not metal) to help flex it down. It is pretty stiff.

Lord Sega

theaero...

That looks similar to my Colt Woodsman.
Mine is pre-WWII approx ~1936, 1st series target model. Passed down from my Grandad.
Mine's in good condition, but definitely used.

Your new pistol looks like a Woodsman, but I don't know, the silver accent on the handle isn't familiar.
I used This website and others to determine the age of mine.
I don't see your version there. Looks brand new.

Wish I could have made it to the "buy back". :(

Lord Sega

Seattle's math don't add up...

LINK

Various reports put the buy back at 160 firearms (and 1 used rocket launcher).
They had $120,000 in financial support OR $80,000 in gift certificates, depending what numbers you go by.

That's $500 each (at $80K) or $750 each (at $120K).

But they were offering $100 gift cards for handguns, $200 for rifles.

I know, I went to public school, but even to me something is not adding up here.
Washington / Seattle taxpayers need to demand an accounting, someone's wasting or pocketing the funds according to those numbers.

And as a separate side note: I love how there are comments about private buys not having background checks at the city's "no questions asked" buy back. Logic anyone?

theaero

That looks similar to my Colt Woodsman.
Mine is pre-WWII approx ~1936, 1st series target model. Passed down from my Grandad.
Mine's in good condition, but definitely used.

Your new pistol looks like a Woodsman, but I don't know, the silver accent on the handle isn't familiar.
I used This website and others to determine the age of mine.
I don't see your version there. Looks brand new.

Wish I could have made it to the "buy back". :(

Its a Hi Standard Sport King 22lr. Model 103, I think. I'm guessing its is from around 1953ish, maybe earlier.

sudden valley gunner

The used "rocket launcher" was sold to a private buyer on the street.

No the math doesn't add up someone is taking quite a bit home from the donations given.

The only misuse of tax payer dollars I saw there were the massive amounts of PD and their equipment including what appeared to be facial recognition devices.

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
SVG and I were walking down the side road and saw a LEO with trashcans of rifles. We stopped to watch. Weapons were being brought over to a 'staging area' and separating them for "some strange reason". The LEO would bring a blanket of long guns, separate them into two large trash cans. Good looking in one, raggedlys in the other. The nice ones looked like they would need to be destroyed really well compared to the raggedly weapons. Go figure.

sudden valley gunner

SVG and I were walking down the side road and saw a LEO with trashcans of rifles. We stopped to watch. Weapons were being brought over to a 'staging area' and separating them for "some strange reason". The LEO would bring a blanket of long guns, separate them into two large trash cans. Good looking in one, raggedlys in the other. The nice ones looked like they would need to be destroyed really well compared to the raggedly weapons. Go figure.

I have doubts that all the weapons turned in were going to make it to a smelter.

A few of the LEO's were pro gun and friendly, one even helped MSG and I find a place to pee.

Than the ones on the upper side of the buy back were interfering with sales, Officer Yama ( who I believe was just "following orders") stopped a sale I was going to engage in by saying "I have been advised to recommend you don't sell to..."

This freaked the guy out and he had several pistols I wanted to see and he was willing to sell them. I whipped out the camera...as the guy says he's my lawyer (officer Yama) to which I replied that's illegal (to the reference of the man's perception of Yama acting as a lawyer) and asked Officer Yama under what authority....funny how it went to I have been advised to his own personal opinion.....

Raffie

Would be interesting to put in tracking devices in the guns to see where they go.

Its in Mexico?

Wha........ is going on...?

J1MB0B

They flat out said that some of the more valuable guns would be converted to property and sold to fund other activities.

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
They flat out said that some of the more valuable guns would be converted to property and sold to fund other activities.

So mayor macgrimm is going to have his own bloody gun show? I do not think he is a WAC member. We could put flyers up for him and make him the laughing stock of the empire.

Last edited:

amlevin

Than the ones on the upper side of the buy back were interfering with sales, Officer Yama ( who I believe was just "following orders") stopped a sale I was going to engage in by saying "I have been advised to recommend you don't sell to..."

Say it isn't so. A Seattle Police officer attempting to prevent you from going about a legal activity? Doesn't he know that that's against the law? It's called "Coercion". Of course all one needs is a Prosecutor willing to charge him for the Gross Misdemeanor.

badkarma

It made Drudge and a bunch of Gun web sites. I will be selling autographs at the next Seattle Gun Show for donations to victims of violent crime.