Thread: Police in Iowa city to buy their own semi-automatic AR-15s

Exclamation Police in Iowa city to buy their own semi-automatic AR-15s

At least one national law enforcement organization believes Daugherty is onto something.

I do not think its too much firepower, said Bill Johnson, executive director of the National Association of Police Organizations. Its certainly a sound decision by the chief to equip the officers with better weapons to protect themselves and better protect the public.

And in an ironic twist, Johnson said would-be targets of those AR-15s will appreciate the likely change as well.

For me, if I had to choose, Id rather be shot by an AR-15 than a shotgun, he said. Its more accurate over a longer range and you can neutralize a threat without exposing them or officers to greater danger.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/01/24...omatic-ar-15s/
    National issue? Yes.

I like how LE needs long range self-defense options but LE does not seem to think the great unwashed masses require such a option.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Police in Iowa city to buy their own semi-automatic AR-15s

Generalizations work.