• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The Long Game

Jojo712

Founder's Club Member
Thinking about our issues in terms of Chess, I believe things are going to become absolutely ridiculous before they get back to normal (and we have to let the loons be loons before we can stand up and fight; otherwise folks won't appreciate the gravity of their mid-term vote). The right thing to do seems to lay low until the 2014 elections and then strike loud and clear: "don't tread on me." Here's my crystal ball, but it's pretty crystal.

The more I look at our current situation and recall the phrase that "politics is a pendulum," the better I see the long game turning out for the second amendment.

Just suggesting the assault rifle bill as a quick fix for mass murders is transparently insensitive and politically non-sequitur, especially from a president who requested "meaningful legislation" to deal with these types of crimes. Actually attempting to pass that type of bill would mean political suicide for anyone involved (and although the bill would not pass, the names of those who wanted it would be recorded and remembered).

Passing 23 executive orders regarding guns is a disaster (most of which seem to be centered on creating bureaucracies and pork programs, and one of which is legislative and violative of HIPPA).

Along with the political six year itch and the other issues that will continue to plague the nation (more taxation without representation; more debt; more of the same), gun voters will, as in 2010, place an unprecedented amount of Republicans back in control. The path to victory in the US senate will look like this:

Alaska, Arkansas, Colorado, Louisiana, North Carolina, and South Dakota. These six wins will give the Republicans a simple majority, which will send a very clear message. In the US congress and the Florida legislature, the victory margin is going to be obscene, and a clear victory in the latter will place OC as an issue of consideration again. We will not have a very long window to pass OC, but with proper guidance from our organizations and strategic voting based upon that guidance (a class A voter's guide that we can distribute), we are going to get it done.

Last edited:

77zach

I hope you're right Jojo. I think the AWB now in congress is cover for a "compromise" where they try to make something, anything stick, such as closing the "gun show loophole" or banning "high capacity" magazines. If gunowners become politically active like they did after Columbine I think we'll be fine.

OC should be done this year or next, while we know we have a governor that will sign it. We have video evidence that their "fix" did not. We have legislative evidence from Oklahoma that there are no "transition" problems.

Deadlines are coming up fast and so far no OC bill for this year yet.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
The only problem this time around is that the gun-owners aren't mobilizing. They're too confident. The NRA is in on it by barely making a showing. Almost nothing is being done to let any of the politicians know that there will be consequences, serious consequences. And, my guess, is because there won't be...

They're going to throw everything at the wall to see what sticks. Much effort has been put into making Americans into the dumbest group of people on Earth, and it has worked. Keep the majority stupid and a so-called representative becomes a dictator because the majority doesn't know they are in charge and simply do what they are told.

I can't tell you the number of conversations I've had with peple about what they think shold be made illegal to fix the situation; only to have me tell them that it is already illegal. They jsut don't care. The fact that more laws won't work never sinks in. The ruse of banning everything based on tricking people into thinking about already-banned stuff works because the majority is too stupid to know that the laws they're demanding already exist and don't work!

The majority of Americans are far too stupid. It's not meant to be an insult, just a definition of the condition. When 60%+ of a nation's population is this outrageously dumb, there is nowhere to go but down.

I'd like to be wrong... But I think you're being optimistic without a leg to stand on. America has surged further left than the Soviets. RINOs are comming out of the woodwork like System Agents in The Matrix. The pendulum may swing, but eventually it swings so far that it breaks off and goes flying... It has done so. America has ended. The time to make a stand was over 50 years ago. We're so far into the endgame now it's laughable.

77zach

I want to know what you people do for a living who are firing full auto at hernando sportsmen club! Throwing gold down range willy nilly. They should invest that money into SAF or GOA or Fl carry!!!