Thread: What about organizing a "Gun Buy program"?

What about organizing a "Gun Buy program"?

With all of the backlash with the gun buyback program, has anyone thought about starting a gun buy program? It would require some sponsors with some $$, but advertise it as a "Gun Buy" and give gift cards to a gun shop to anyone willing to purchase a firearm. Couple it with a shop that will give a discount for that day, and I think it would make some pretty big waves. It seems to me that more people are willing to buy new weapons than surrender their old ones.

Quote Originally Posted by SGTGTO View Post
    With all of the backlash with the gun buyback program, has anyone thought about starting a gun buy program? It would require some sponsors with some $$, but advertise it as a "Gun Buy" and give gift cards to a gun shop to anyone willing to purchase a firearm. Couple it with a shop that will give a discount for that day, and I think it would make some pretty big waves. It seems to me that more people are willing to buy new weapons than surrender their old ones.
    I like it! Any shops willing to get us out some cards today to hand out tomorrow? Or... turn in your $100 Amazon Gift card and we'll give you $50 towards the purchase of a new firearm?
    Too lazy to do a blog! Follow me on Twitter instead! @6ShotScott

I'm in! Except why not give them cash?
    -LIFETIME NRA MEMBER-
    || SPRINGFIELD LOADED SS || LES BAER CUSTOM CARRY HARD CHROME || SPRINGFIELD TRP ||
    -DONT TREAD ON ME-

Quote Originally Posted by theaero View Post
    I'm in! Except why not give them cash?
    They could spend cash anywhere, but a gun store gift card keeps the money 'in the family' as it were.