Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: House Bill 1371

Talking House Bill 1371

Read this house bill if you like it or agree start writing you rep to get this through the state. we can stop the overbaring government from hu=indering our rights before it is to late!!!!

(apps.leg.wa.gov/documents/billdocs/2013-14/Pdf/Bills/House%20Bills/1371.pdf)

Quote Originally Posted by jgross85 View Post
    Read this house bill if you like it or agree start writing you rep to get this through the state. we can stop the overbaring government from hu=indering our rights before it is to late!!!!

(apps.leg.wa.gov/documents/billdocs/2013-14/Pdf/Bills/House%20Bills/1371.pdf)
    Fix your post please.
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

Live Free or Die!

21 such as unmachined steel material and unshaped wood, are not firearms, firearms

First change.

33 (2) Subsection (1) of this section does not apply to:
    34 (a) A firearm that cannot be carried and used by one person;
    35 (b) A firearm that has a bore diameter greater than one and one-
    36 half inches and that uses smokeless powder, not black powder, as a
    37 propellant;
    p. 3 HB 1371
    1 (c) Ammunition with a projectile that explodes using an explosion
    2 of chemical energy after the projectile leaves the firearm; or
    3 (d) A firearm, other than a shotgun, that discharges two or more
    4 projectiles with one activation of the trigger or other firing device.

Second change.

-----

Those are the two points of contention that I have with it right off the bat.
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

!~ Good Bill ~!

I think that the bill is a great step forward. I agree that it would be nice if they removed the items that freedom1man noted, but as it stands I can indeed support this bill and believe that it would help us safeguard our liberties here in WA.
    ~ ENCLAVE vmc ~
    The Enclave is looking for patriotic motorcycle riders in Washington State who support liberty and freedom for all. ~ Check us out!
    ~
    * " To be swayed neither by the opponent nor by his sword is the essence of swordsmanship." - Miyamoto Musashi.

Re: House Bill 1371

Yup, it's deffinately a step in the right direction. The problem that we have set ourselves with is that unlike our liberal counterparts, we haven't been willing to be flexible in our political dealings. While they have made thousands of half steps in their direction, our inability to be flexible or compromise means that we take an all or nothing stance. Think about it, this bill is a huge step in the right direction, lets not trash it because of one or two minor issues that can eventually be fixed. Remember, one thousand half step in the right direction is still five hundred steps in the right direction.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by DamonK View Post
    Yup, it's deffinately a step in the right direction. The problem that we have set ourselves with is that unlike our liberal counterparts, we haven't been willing to be flexible in our political dealings. While they have made thousands of half steps in their direction, our inability to be flexible or compromise means that we take an all or nothing stance. Think about it, this bill is a huge step in the right direction, lets not trash it because of one or two minor issues that can eventually be fixed. Remember, one thousand half step in the right direction is still five hundred steps in the right direction.

I am not saying we should dismiss it or reject it. The first change will affect any firearms made out any anything but steel though.

Some reproductions are made of Brass, you AR is made from Aluminum, and then there are other materials too such as polymers.

Is it too late for them to update the bill? The two projectile rule could be tricky since they make shotshells for pretty much any caliber...

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    Too lazy to do a blog! Follow me on Twitter instead! @6ShotScott

Quote Originally Posted by skeith5 View Post
    Is it too late for them to update the bill? The two projectile rule could be tricky since they make shotshells for pretty much any caliber...

They did exempt shotguns I thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom1Man View Post
    They did exempt shotguns I thought.
    I've got a Taurus Judge that I got for xmas, I use 4-10 birdshot and buckshot with it. Would it be exempted? Doesn't sound like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpine View Post
    I've got a Taurus Judge that I got for xmas, I use 4-10 birdshot and buckshot with it. Would it be exempted? Doesn't sound like it.
    After a second pass I see what the problem is. It seems to me that it would count for restriction under federal law.

I hope that RapGood will weigh in on this.

I agree that it's poorly written.

Awesome idea, but even if by some miracle this passed both houses, Inslee wouldn't sign it even if someone put a, well, you know, to his head.
    It is very wise to not take a watermelon lightly.

I have .22 shot shells, .38 shotshells, .44 shotshells

I've seen lowers made from Aluminum and carbon fiber

I've shot firearms made of carbon fiber and brass

25 and communities; (d) law-abiding citizens who are attacked in a place
    26 where they have a right to be have no duty to retreat and have the
    27 right to stand their ground and meet force with defensive force,
    28 including deadly force in certain circumstances;

I'm concerned that "in certain circumstances" may be too vague.

Banned
    To lazy to click .. post the text next time ... toddles ..

What chance does this have in passing?

This!

Too lazy to do a blog! Follow me on Twitter instead! @6ShotScott

Quote Originally Posted by bennie1986 View Post
    What chance does this have in passing?
    So Far...
    History of the Bill

as of Saturday, January 26, 2013 12:22 PM
    Sponsors: Representatives Taylor, Overstreet, Shea, Short, Pike, Scott, Schmick, Crouse, Condotta, Kristiansen
    2013 REGULAR SESSION
    Jan 24 First reading, referred to Judiciary. (View Original Bill)

Any Chance to get this in the Sticky section ? We should follow and support this.
    ~ ENCLAVE vmc ~
    The Enclave is looking for patriotic motorcycle riders in Washington State who support liberty and freedom for all. ~ Check us out!
    ~
    * " To be swayed neither by the opponent nor by his sword is the essence of swordsmanship." - Miyamoto Musashi.

After a second pass I see what the problem is. It seems to me that it would count for restriction under federal law.

I hope that RapGood will weigh in on this.

I agree that it's poorly written.
    Actually, I don't think that it is poorly written. I think it was very carefully written. I like ambiguity in the law. It provides me with a host of options and interpretations that are not available in tightly-worded language.
    Rev. Robert Apgood, Esq.

A right cannot be lost by exercising it. McDonald v. Chicago, 561 U.S. 3025, 130 S. Ct. 3020, 3021, 177 L. Ed. 2d 894 (2010) (citing Near v. Minn., 283 U.S. 697 (1931)).

Although IAAL, anything I say here is not legal advice. No conversations we may have privately or otherwise in this forum constitute the formation of an attorney-client relationship, and are not intended to do so.

This bill is to counter any gun control measures aimed at or semiauto weapons. Revolvers are in no danger at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by DamonK View Post
    This bill is to counter any gun control measures aimed at or semiauto weapons. Revolvers are in no danger at this point.

A revolver is a semi-auto.

A revolver is a semi-auto.
    It is not. 'specially not a single-action. "Semi-automatic" really refers to the reloading mechanism. A semi-auto reloads the chamber semi-automatically. A revolver has multiple chambers that are loaded/reloaded by the user. It is, however, a repeating firearm.
    It is very wise to not take a watermelon lightly.

Quote Originally Posted by Metalhead47 View Post
    It is not. 'specially not a single-action. "Semi-automatic" really refers to the reloading mechanism. A semi-auto reloads the chamber semi-automatically. A revolver has multiple chambers that are loaded/reloaded by the user. It is, however, a repeating firearm.
    They way the Fienstien bill was worded revolvers would be considered semi-auto.

They way the Fienstien bill was worded revolvers would be considered semi-auto.
    Then please cite her bill language.
    Live Free or Die!

Quote Originally Posted by gogodawgs View Post
    Then please cite her bill language.
    Revolvers:
    are scary, have a pistol grip, can be fitted with a bayonet through the use of tape, can fire 1000's of rounds a minute, are easily converted to full auto with readily available plans on the interwebs, have features of military weapons such as the little hole in the end that does stuff.

See below, of list of banned weapons based on verbiage of bill...........................

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast