Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Second Amendment rally March 20th Lansing Mi Capital

Thumbs up Second Amendment rally March 20th Lansing Mi Capital

received via e mail MCRGO has announced a rally at the Capital steps, lets make this a good one by a large show. I will post a link when I can find it

https://www.facebook.com/events/151997601618601/

That's the Michigan open carry Facebook event ....

I'll be attending, driving down from Traverse City

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar
    Just some info from the SAM website. The march is about 0.8 miles. But you can just meet up at the Capitol as well.

What: A peaceful gathering to demonstrate the political strength of Michigan's legal gun owners and Second Amendment advocates

When: Wednesday, March 20th, 2013 starting at 9:30 a.m.

Where: Starts at the corner of Michigan and Pennsylvania in Lansing (or if you prefer, just go directly to the Capitol Building)

The Details:

Michigan's Second Amendment March will be held on Wednesday, March 20 at Michigan's Capitol. The march will begin at 9:30 a.m. with a sidewalk procession from the corner of Michigan and Pennsylvania to the Capitol.

From 10 a.m. to 11 a.m. people will meet with their state representatives. Musical entertainment and pro-gun speakers will take the stage from 11 a.m. until 1 p.m. From 1 p.m. until 2 p.m. people will meet with their state senators.

The Michigan Legislature is in session that day. We'll be showing them the political strength of Michigan's legal gun owners. The march is being organized by Skip Coryell's Second Amendment March and jointly promoted and funded by the Michigan Coalition for Responsible Gun Owners, Michigan Open Carry, Michigan Gun Owners and Michigan Students for Concealed Carry.
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

I understand why it's on a Wednesday so that the legislature will be in session, but seems like a lot of people won't be able to make it since it's a work day for most.
    If guns cause crime, all mine are defective- Ted Nugent

Quote Originally Posted by detroit_fan View Post
    I understand why it's on a Wednesday so that the legislature will be in session, but seems like a lot of people won't be able to make it since it's a work day for most.
    I took one of my vacation days, to show support for the cause

Quote Originally Posted by NMadole View Post
    I will be taking a vacation day as well. While taking a day off to grill brats, drink beer, and sit around scratching my stones is always nice and relaxing, it is important every once in a while to take a day off if need be to visibly demonstrate my support for RKBA to politicians face-to-face.
    "The principle of self-defense, even involving weapons and bloodshed, has never been condemned, even by Gandhi . . ."--Dr. Martin Luther King Jr

“He who cannot protect himself or his nearest and dearest or their honor by non-violently facing death, may and ought to do so by violently dealing with the oppressor. He who can do neither of the two is a burden.”--M. K. Gandhi

"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." --M. K. Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by NMadole View Post
    I have put in for a vacation day, also. I think another guy from work said he is too.

MI_XD
    South Haven

For more info and updates here is their website.

http://www.secondamendmentmarch.com/
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Got the day off and definitely looking forward to it. Not sure if I'm driving or not if I am I'd have no problem car pooling for people around Roseville.

Second Amendment rally March 20th Lansing Mi Capital

Quote Originally Posted by mikestilly View Post
    Got the day off and definitely looking forward to it. Not sure if I'm driving or not if I am I'd have no problem car pooling for people around Roseville.
    Metro-D carpool coordinator is David Pyzik. Email him for more details: pyzik200@gmail.com
    Call for a cop, call for an ambulance, and call for a pizza. See who shows up first.

I am not a lawyer (merely an omnipotent member of a continuum). The contents of this post are not a substitute for sound legal advice from a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction.

Comments and views stated in my post are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Michigan Open Carry, Inc. unless stated otherwise in the post.

http://www.secondamendmentmarch.com/

Mark your schedules! Reserve the day off work! Michigan's Second Amendment March will be held on Wednesday, March 20 at Michigan's Capitol. We anticipate several thousand gun owners will be at the march. The march will begin at 9:30 a.m. with a sidewalk procession from the corner of Michigan and Pennsylvania to the Capitol. From 10 a.m. to 11 a.m., people will meet with their state representatives. Musical entertainment and pro-gun speakers will take the stage from 11 a.m. until 1 p.m. From 1 p.m. until 2 p.m., people will meet with their state senators. The Michigan Legislature is in session that day. We'll be showing them the political strength of Michigan's legal gun owners. The march is being organized by Skip Coryell's Second Amendment March and jointly promoted and funded by the Michigan Coalition for Responsible Gun Owners, Michigan Open Carry, Michigan Gun Owners and Michigan Students for Concealed Carry.

A volunteer form is now up and running on the home page at Second Amendment March Volunteer Form. If you are interested in assisting at the march, please use the form on that page to sign up

Quote Originally Posted by TheQ View Post
    Metro-D carpool coordinator is David Pyzik. Email him for more details: pyzik200@gmail.com
    Thanks for the email address. Sent an email to David.

Folks, I'll be going to the March 20th rally in Lansing. I'll have room for up to 4 passengers. My route will be starting from West Bloomfield, south on MI-5, then west on I-96. PM me if you need a ride and can get close to that route to get picked up.
    Last edited by DanM; 01-29-2013 at 10:33 PM.
    "The principle of self-defense, even involving weapons and bloodshed, has never been condemned, even by Gandhi . . ."--Dr. Martin Luther King Jr

“He who cannot protect himself or his nearest and dearest or their honor by non-violently facing death, may and ought to do so by violently dealing with the oppressor. He who can do neither of the two is a burden.”--M. K. Gandhi

"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." --M. K. Gandhi

Re: Second Amendment rally March 20th Lansing Mi Capital

Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    Thanks for the email address. Sent an email to David.

Folks, I'll be going to the March 20th rally in Lansing. I'll have room for up to 4 passengers. My route will be starting from West Bloomfield, south on MI-5, then west on I-96. PM me if you need a ride and can get close to that route to get picked up.
    As usual Dan you prove to be a good guy. +1
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "You must be the change you wish to see in the world" by Mahatma Gandhi

“Your beliefs become your thoughts. Your thoughts become your words. Your words become your actions. Your actions become your habits. Your habits become your values. Your values become your destiny.” by Mahatma Gandhi

I live one mile south of the Capitol along MLK. I'll be proceeding up MLK to 496 to the Pennsylvania Ave exit. I'll take Pennsylvania Ave up to Michigan Ave.

If anyone along my route would like a ride, they can PM me. I'm open to taking an alternate route: perhaps Mount Hope over to Pennsylvania and up to Michigan from there...

...or we could ride CATA there, if it weren't for that pesky OC ban...oh...wait....
    Last edited by TheQ; 01-29-2013 at 11:33 PM.
    Call for a cop, call for an ambulance, and call for a pizza. See who shows up first.

I am not a lawyer (merely an omnipotent member of a continuum). The contents of this post are not a substitute for sound legal advice from a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction.

Comments and views stated in my post are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Michigan Open Carry, Inc. unless stated otherwise in the post.

Quote Originally Posted by TheQ View Post
    I live one mile south of the Capitol along MLK. I'll be proceeding up MLK to 496 to the Pennsylvania Ave exit. I'll take Pennsylvania Ave up to Michigan Ave.

If anyone along my route would like a ride, they can PM me. I'm open to taking an alternate route: perhaps Mount Hope over to Pennsylvania and up to Michigan from there...

...or we could ride CATA there, if it weren't for that pesky OC ban...oh...wait....
    Good for you Q. Hey there may only be five OCers in Lansing but everyone of them counts! Well done.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "You must be the change you wish to see in the world" by Mahatma Gandhi

“Your beliefs become your thoughts. Your thoughts become your words. Your words become your actions. Your actions become your habits. Your habits become your values. Your values become your destiny.” by Mahatma Gandhi

Just a reminder if you can't make it but want to support us, make a donation. It's costing us several thousand dollars to pay for all the expenses associated with the rally. To date we have had only 3 donations. That's a little sad.

Make donations here
    : https://www.fundraisingbynet.net/contribute/967

Is anyone coming from Ann Arbor area besides me and want to car pool?

Although I was planning to take Thursday, the 21st, off for the Cabela's Opening in Grandville, I guess if I have only one day to take off... this will be it. I plan to be there.
    Giving up our liberties for safety is the one sure way to let the violent among us win.

"Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." -Saint Augustine

Disclaimer – I am not a lawyer! Please do not consider anything you read from me to be legal advice.

I will be putting in for time off at work to make this event, I hope my boss lets me take the day off.

Carry On!
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms. . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. . . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." -- Jefferson's "Commonplace Book," 1774-1776, quoting from On Crimes and Punishment, by criminologist Cesare Beccaria, 1764

I'm planning on being there. How do we identify each other? We need name tags with forum names.

Bronson
    Those who expect to reap the benefits of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it. – Thomas Paine

Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    I'm planning on being there. How do we identify each other? We need name tags with forum names.

Bronson
    Look for the bald |= |_| ( |< that ends up on the steps speaking at some point. That'll be me.

We will be the ones open carrying!

Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post

Bronson
    My reasons to OC
    1. to raise awareness of the legality of open carry in Michigan
    2. To raise awareness that good people carry guns
    3. A deterrent to people so that I won't be targeted
    4. Because it's more comfortable than CC in most situations
    5. Because I can and want to
    6. Because it's perfectly legal
    7. Self defense

Myself and probably one of my coworkers will be carpooling to Lansing for this event.

MI_XD I believe we hail from the same town, PM sent.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy IIIs using Tapatalk 2.
    "Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."
    —John F. Kennedy

"If a man neglects to enforce his rights, he cannot complain if, after a while, the law follows his example."
    —Oliver Wendell Holmes

So when or where is Breakfast that morning?

Lightbulb

I have room for a rider from the Warren area in my pickup.Also I'm looking for a Warren resident to accompany me when I try to take advantage of Mayor Fouts "open door policy" ,ASAP,to educate him on the WPD's responsibility for OC training according to the agreement in Our suit last summer.I think it's time to make sure all is right here in Warren! CARRY ON!
    Today JESUS would tell me to sell my coat and buy two Springfield XD Compact 45acp's!

NRA LIFER,GOA,MOC Inc.,CLSD,MCRGO,UAW! MOLON LABE!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast