• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Second Amendment rally March 20th Lansing Mi Capital

Sheldon

received via e mail MCRGO has announced a rally at the Capital steps, lets make this a good one by a large show. I will post a link when I can find it

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
Just some info from the SAM website. The march is about 0.8 miles. But you can just meet up at the Capitol as well.

What: A peaceful gathering to demonstrate the political strength of Michigan's legal gun owners and Second Amendment advocates

When: Wednesday, March 20th, 2013 starting at 9:30 a.m.

Where: Starts at the corner of Michigan and Pennsylvania in Lansing (or if you prefer, just go directly to the Capitol Building)

The Details:

Michigan's Second Amendment March will be held on Wednesday, March 20 at Michigan's Capitol. The march will begin at 9:30 a.m. with a sidewalk procession from the corner of Michigan and Pennsylvania to the Capitol.

From 10 a.m. to 11 a.m. people will meet with their state representatives. Musical entertainment and pro-gun speakers will take the stage from 11 a.m. until 1 p.m. From 1 p.m. until 2 p.m. people will meet with their state senators.

The Michigan Legislature is in session that day. We'll be showing them the political strength of Michigan's legal gun owners. The march is being organized by Skip Coryell's Second Amendment March and jointly promoted and funded by the Michigan Coalition for Responsible Gun Owners, Michigan Open Carry, Michigan Gun Owners and Michigan Students for Concealed Carry.

detroit_fan

I understand why it's on a Wednesday so that the legislature will be in session, but seems like a lot of people won't be able to make it since it's a work day for most.

DanM

I took one of my vacation days, to show support for the cause

I will be taking a vacation day as well. While taking a day off to grill brats, drink beer, and sit around scratching my stones is always nice and relaxing, it is important every once in a while to take a day off if need be to visibly demonstrate my support for RKBA to politicians face-to-face.

Sheldon

http://www.secondamendmentmarch.com/

Mark your schedules! Reserve the day off work! Michigan's Second Amendment March will be held on Wednesday, March 20 at Michigan's Capitol. We anticipate several thousand gun owners will be at the march. The march will begin at 9:30 a.m. with a sidewalk procession from the corner of Michigan and Pennsylvania to the Capitol. From 10 a.m. to 11 a.m., people will meet with their state representatives. Musical entertainment and pro-gun speakers will take the stage from 11 a.m. until 1 p.m. From 1 p.m. until 2 p.m., people will meet with their state senators. The Michigan Legislature is in session that day. We'll be showing them the political strength of Michigan's legal gun owners. The march is being organized by Skip Coryell's Second Amendment March and jointly promoted and funded by the Michigan Coalition for Responsible Gun Owners, Michigan Open Carry, Michigan Gun Owners and Michigan Students for Concealed Carry.

A volunteer form is now up and running on the home page at Second Amendment March Volunteer Form. If you are interested in assisting at the march, please use the form on that page to sign up

DanM

Metro-D carpool coordinator is David Pyzik. Email him for more details: pyzik200@gmail.com

Thanks for the email address. Sent an email to David.

Folks, I'll be going to the March 20th rally in Lansing. I'll have room for up to 4 passengers. My route will be starting from West Bloomfield, south on MI-5, then west on I-96. PM me if you need a ride and can get close to that route to get picked up.

Last edited:

FreeInAZ

Thanks for the email address. Sent an email to David.

Folks, I'll be going to the March 20th rally in Lansing. I'll have room for up to 4 passengers. My route will be starting from West Bloomfield, south on MI-5, then west on I-96. PM me if you need a ride and can get close to that route to get picked up.

As usual Dan you prove to be a good guy. +1 :D

TheQ

I live one mile south of the Capitol along MLK. I'll be proceeding up MLK to 496 to the Pennsylvania Ave exit. I'll take Pennsylvania Ave up to Michigan Ave.

If anyone along my route would like a ride, they can PM me. I'm open to taking an alternate route: perhaps Mount Hope over to Pennsylvania and up to Michigan from there...

...or we could ride CATA there, if it weren't for that pesky OC ban...oh...wait....

Last edited:

FreeInAZ

I live one mile south of the Capitol along MLK. I'll be proceeding up MLK to 496 to the Pennsylvania Ave exit. I'll take Pennsylvania Ave up to Michigan Ave.

If anyone along my route would like a ride, they can PM me. I'm open to taking an alternate route: perhaps Mount Hope over to Pennsylvania and up to Michigan from there...

...or we could ride CATA there, if it weren't for that pesky OC ban...oh...wait....

Good for you Q. Hey there may only be five OCers in Lansing but everyone of them counts! Well done.

DrTodd

Michigan Moderator
Although I was planning to take Thursday, the 21st, off for the Cabela's Opening in Grandville, I guess if I have only one day to take off... this will be it. I plan to be there.

Glock214

I will be putting in for time off at work to make this event, I hope my boss lets me take the day off.

Carry On!