Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Looking for Open Carry Work?

  1. #1
    Opt-Out Members BigDave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Yakima, Washington, USA
    Posts
    3,463

    Looking for Open Carry Work?

    I know some on here are looking for work, Norpoint Facebook Page has this announcement


    HELP WANTED: Looking for a MOTIVATED, ENTHUSIASTIC, PERSON to work Full Time at Indoor Gun Range. MUST BE 21 or older, CURRENT CPL REQUIRED, (THOSE WITHOUT ONE NEED NOT APPLY) along with INTERMEDIATE or above knowledge of guns, both handguns and long guns. MUST BE FLEXIBLE to work BOTH weekends and weekdays, people skills and people interaction a must, prior retail would be beneficial. MUST HAVE OWN TRANSPORTATION!! Attach resume, copy of CPL and additional CERT'S. or gun/shooting related courses with REFERENCES. Send email to Teri@norpointrange.com
    • Being prepared is to prepare, this is our responsibility.
    • I am not your Mommy or Daddy and do not sugar coat it but I will tell you simply as how I see it, it is up to you on how you will or will not use it.
    • IANAL, all information I present is for your review, do your own homework.

  2. #2
    Regular Member skeith5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    357
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDave View Post
    I know some on here are looking for work, Norpoint Facebook Page has this announcement


    HELP WANTED: Looking for a MOTIVATED, ENTHUSIASTIC, PERSON to work Full Time at Indoor Gun Range. MUST BE 21 or older, CURRENT CPL REQUIRED, (THOSE WITHOUT ONE NEED NOT APPLY) along with INTERMEDIATE or above knowledge of guns, both handguns and long guns. MUST BE FLEXIBLE to work BOTH weekends and weekdays, people skills and people interaction a must, prior retail would be beneficial. MUST HAVE OWN TRANSPORTATION!! Attach resume, copy of CPL and additional CERT'S. or gun/shooting related courses with REFERENCES. Send email to Teri@norpointrange.com
    This is my "home" range. If I didn't have a full time job and could live off minimum wage I'd work there in a heartbeat. (I don't really know what the pay is like...)
    Too lazy to do a blog! Follow me on Twitter instead! @6ShotScott

  3. #3
    Regular Member hermannr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Okanogan Highland
    Posts
    2,332
    Quote Originally Posted by skeith5 View Post
    This is my "home" range. If I didn't have a full time job and could live off minimum wage I'd work there in a heartbeat. (I don't really know what the pay is like...)
    Probably pretty good if you calculate in not having to pay range fees

  4. #4
    Regular Member tombrewster421's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Roy, WA
    Posts
    1,329

    Looking for Open Carry Work?

    Too bad I don't live closer.
    Guns don't kill people, bullets do!

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Gone... Nutty as squirrel **** around here
    Posts
    753
    Too bad they aren't looking for part timers, that I could do.

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    Why require CPL???

  7. #7
    Regular Member skeith5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    357

    Re: Looking for Open Carry Work?

    Quote Originally Posted by hermannr View Post
    Probably pretty good if you calculate in not having to pay range fees
    A family membership will run you $271. At 40 hours a week, a little over 2000 hours a year of work will make a free range pass a 13 cent an hour benefit.



    Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    Too lazy to do a blog! Follow me on Twitter instead! @6ShotScott

  8. #8
    Regular Member amlevin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    North of Seattle, Washington, USA
    Posts
    5,953
    Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    Why require CPL???
    Because that's a cheap way to do a background check.
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

    "If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

  9. #9
    Regular Member amlevin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    North of Seattle, Washington, USA
    Posts
    5,953
    Quote Originally Posted by skeith5 View Post
    A family membership will run you $271. At 40 hours a week, a little over 2000 hours a year of work will make a free range pass a 13 cent an hour benefit.



    Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    Now if they threw in "free ammo"------
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

    "If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

  10. #10
    Regular Member bmg50cal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    WA - North Whidbey/ Deception Pass
    Posts
    307
    Quote Originally Posted by amlevin View Post
    Now if they threw in "free ammo"------
    That or brass scavenging privileges...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •