• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Milwaukee County sheriff urges residents to arm themselves

Yetiman

So of all the people quoted in that article, who has the best grasp of reality ?

Cops carry guns to protect themselves, not you. Same with me.

When seconds count, 911 response is only minutes away...

Last edited:

protias

County Executive and Milwaukee Mayor are not happy!!

Let's see how long it is allowed to run.

Since it is coming out of the Sheriff's budget, the county executive and Milwaukee mayor don't have any say in the matter.

Bigpapa

All he was saying was the prepare yourself and not be a victim, there was a lady that call 911 and the lady told 911 that somebody have broking into her house and she had a gun hiding in the closet. The 911 operator told her to put the gun down and that police is on the way, well about time police came she was dead with the gun she had on the floor. I will arm myself and my family and people can say what they want to.

oliverclotheshoff

Here is his interview with CNN.

http://www.jsonline.com/news/milwau...rview-to-defend-gun-ad-f48hsh9-188658171.html

Ya, guns are scary. :rolleyes: Sorry interviewer, but criminals are the scary ones. They don't need guns to cause great bodily harm or death. The FBI statistics prove that.

snip"O'Brien said she knows many law enforcement officials who say the real danger is having so many armed citizens who are not as well-trained as police officers."

we all know how well trained some LEO's are my uncle tells me some pretty scary stories about some of the other sheriffs he works with on how (sarcasm on) well (sarcasm off) they are trained

Last edited: