Thread: Beebe opposes open carry of handguns(does not say he will veto legislation)

Centurion

Beebe opposes open carry of handguns(does not say he will veto legislation)

Gov. Mike Beebe says he’s opposed to allowing Arkansans to openly carry handguns but is stopping short of threatening to veto legislation allowing it.

Beebe told reporters Friday he’s opposed to the open carry of handguns. Beebe says he doesn’t want to “walk around with a gun in a holster for everyone to see.”

Republican state Rep. Denny Altes has filed legislation that would allow the open carry of holstered handguns in public. The measure has been referred to the House Judiciary Committee.

Beebe would not say whether he would veto the legislation if it reaches his desk.

Keep us posted. I live east of Texarkana but thinking of moving into Arkansas to be closer to my mom. Getting down due to health. Been fighting the seemingly endless battle in Texas for OC now looks like I'll be on the other side of Stateline.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ccwinstructor View Post

Beebe told reporters Friday he’s opposed to the open carry of handguns. Beebe says he doesn’t want to “walk around with a gun in a holster for everyone to see.”
    Well, nobody is stopping him from moving to China. Adios, comrade! Don't let the door hit your ass on the way out.

I live in central AR and just applied for my CCL and hope one day that OC will be legal in the Natural State. Keep us posted!

Director, Oklahoma Open Carry Association
    This would be a really good reason to have a Facebook page that is very aggressively marketed. When a bill makes its way to the Gov's desk, the page can be used to generate hundreds, or even thousands of phone calls and emails.

This is very difficult to ignore, and might sway him into signing the bill.

If you think something should be done or started like an organization or a Facebook page. Then get on it. Nothing happens unless someone gets off their butt and does it. That's why we are all in the mess we're in. Because generations have gotten lazy and ignorant of the society around them. We have as a whole, failed to look back from where we've come from to keep track of where we're headed, on the present course. So that has landed us where we are now. So where is that Facebook page?
    Click Here for New to WI Open Carry Legal References and Informational Videos--- FAQ's http://Tinyurl.com/OpenCarry-WI

The Armed Badger A WI site dedicated to Concealed Carry in WI

"To disarm the people... was the best and most effectual way to enslave them." -- George Mason, Speech of June 14, 1788

http://Tinyurl.com/New-To-Guns to DL useful Info

go here to help

Quote Originally Posted by okiebryan View Post
    This would be a really good reason to have a Facebook page that is very aggressively marketed. When a bill makes its way to the Gov's desk, the page can be used to generate hundreds, or even thousands of phone calls and emails.

This is very difficult to ignore, and might sway him into signing the bill.

http://arkansascarry.com/

https://www.facebook.com/ArkansasCarry
    Don't confuse me with the facts, I have my emotions!

I guess that's the difference between no crime and "stopping" a crime in progress. I prefer no crime.