• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Beebe opposes open carry of handguns(does not say he will veto legislation)

ccwinstructor

Centurion
Gov. Mike Beebe says he’s opposed to allowing Arkansans to openly carry handguns but is stopping short of threatening to veto legislation allowing it.

Beebe told reporters Friday he’s opposed to the open carry of handguns. Beebe says he doesn’t want to “walk around with a gun in a holster for everyone to see.”

Republican state Rep. Denny Altes has filed legislation that would allow the open carry of holstered handguns in public. The measure has been referred to the House Judiciary Committee.

Beebe would not say whether he would veto the legislation if it reaches his desk.

jferg69

Keep us posted. I live east of Texarkana but thinking of moving into Arkansas to be closer to my mom. Getting down due to health. Been fighting the seemingly endless battle in Texas for OC now looks like I'll be on the other side of Stateline.

davidmcbeth

Banned
Beebe told reporters Friday he’s opposed to the open carry of handguns. Beebe says he doesn’t want to “walk around with a gun in a holster for everyone to see.”

Well, nobody is stopping him from moving to China. Adios, comrade! Don't let the door hit your ass on the way out.

sopranos27

I live in central AR and just applied for my CCL and hope one day that OC will be legal in the Natural State. Keep us posted!

okiebryan

Director, Oklahoma Open Carry Association
This would be a really good reason to have a Facebook page that is very aggressively marketed. When a bill makes its way to the Gov's desk, the page can be used to generate hundreds, or even thousands of phone calls and emails.

This is very difficult to ignore, and might sway him into signing the bill.

Motofixxer

If you think something should be done or started like an organization or a Facebook page. Then get on it. Nothing happens unless someone gets off their butt and does it. That's why we are all in the mess we're in. Because generations have gotten lazy and ignorant of the society around them. We have as a whole, failed to look back from where we've come from to keep track of where we're headed, on the present course. So that has landed us where we are now. So where is that Facebook page? :p

Packer fan