Thread: Israel new Rifle

Israel new Rifle

Extra barrels available in 9mm and 5.45x39mm. I'd like to see them support .300 Blackout as soon as possible.

If it has a decent trigger (the bane of many bullpups), and they can produce it well enough to bring the price under $1500, they really have something.

I like the built-in 45-degree rail.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

price

MSRP is $1999

What retail is and what one can buy them for in normally time varis a lot.

I shot and handled a AUG a bit make in the 80s the only reason I didn't keep it was the non standard mags.

With this one useing M16 mags I just might have to revist the idea.

But then a AUG way back when was only a few hundred dollars I could make a bit of money if I had one now.
    Personal Defensive Solutions professional personal firearms, edge weapons and hands on defensive training and tactics pdsolutions@hotmail.com

Any and all spelling errors are just to give the spelling Nazis something to do

Not interested, I don't even care for the collapsible stock on the M-4.
    It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Seems like a lot of hype to me - I'll take my m4 or AK any day.

Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    Not interested, I don't even care for the collapsible stock on the M-4.
    Didn't see a collapsible stock mentioned. Where did I miss it?

I do not "like" bullpup rifles for a number of reasons, but several armies have gone to them with apparent success (or at least not major failures).

I have got to ak - a bayonet on even an 18" barreled bullpup? Besides opening letters, why? I was taught that bayonets were stand-off weapons to keep people outside arms length and that if the other guy got any closer you took the bayonet off and dealt with him inside arms length. But then I also whinged when they shortened the M1 bayonet to 9".

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    Didn't see a collapsible stock mentioned. Where did I miss it?

I do not "like" bullpup rifles for a number of reasons, but several armies have gone to them with apparent success (or at least not major failures).

I have got to ak - a bayonet on even an 18" barreled bullpup? Besides opening letters, why? I was taught that bayonets were stand-off weapons to keep people outside arms length and that if the other guy got any closer you took the bayonet off and dealt with him inside arms length. But then I also whinged when they shortened the M1 bayonet to 9".

stay safe.
    Was not mentioned, I just pointed out I don't care for it, I don't care for any rifle that is shortened to that point, however it is done. For a rifle I like a full stock, and at least 18 inch barrel. YMMV
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

I rather like this gun, just may have to look into getting one myself. curious to see how price changes over the years, as well as all the other BS currently going on

Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    Was not mentioned, I just pointed out I don't care for it, I don't care for any rifle that is shortened to that point, however it is done. For a rifle I like a full stock, and at least 18 inch barrel. YMMV
    That's what's so good about a bullpup design. It allows for full length barrels and a full/fixed stock and still maintains a short, close quarters type profile.

Quote Originally Posted by georg jetson View Post
    That's what's so good about a bullpup design. It allows for full length barrels and a full/fixed stock and still maintains a short, close quarters type profile.
    Not for me, close quarters would have to be a closet. I have used rifles and shotguns in very heavy brush, and certainly a shotgun and rifle are very adept in a room. I have used both for clearing buildings. For me their is no practical use for such a weapon. YMMV
    Robert E. Lee
    President Donald Trump

Once free to move, even inside a building, rifle length is not as much as issue as often made out to be.

But where the short rifle shines is in how much better it is when you have to egress a vehicle with it ready for action.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post
    Once free to move, even inside a building, rifle length is not as much as issue as often made out to be.

But where the short rifle shines is in how much better it is when you have to egress a vehicle with it ready for action.
    Now that makes more sense, but since I carry a handgun in vehicles, and any type of rifle is too much of pain for normal carry, it is just not useful for me. Though I carried a shotgun and a rifle in a vehicle for years and had no problem deploying them. The shotgun in a upright locking rack, and the rifle in a rack in the trunk. The shotgun department owned, the rifle my own, a marlin 336 30/30.
    Robert E. Lee
    President Donald Trump

If one likes it or not.

It is very nice to have the choice as of now.

Don't like it Don't buy.
    Personal Defensive Solutions professional personal firearms, edge weapons and hands on defensive training and tactics pdsolutions@hotmail.com

Any and all spelling errors are just to give the spelling Nazis something to do

Quote Originally Posted by anmut View Post
    Seems like a lot of hype to me - I'll take my m4 or AK any day.
    This, I will stick to a proven weapon system such as my AK and AR. Unless they build a compact laser weapon or build a truly new firearm, it is simply just a rehash of old ideas in a new skin.
    Last edited by zack991; 01-28-2013 at 07:20 PM.
    -I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery. But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes: If you screw with me, I'll kill you all.
    -Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.
    Marine General James Mattis,

Quote Originally Posted by zack991 View Post
    This, I will stick to a proven weapon system such as my AK and AR. Unless they build a compact laser weapon or build a truly new firearm, it is simply just a rehash of old ideas in a knew skin.
    Pretty much the way I see it.
    Robert E. Lee
    President Donald Trump