Thread: Burying a friend today

Burying a friend today

In Arcola. Anything I should be aware ? I have my chp for VA.

Founder's Club Member
    18.2-283. Carrying dangerous weapon to place of religious worship.
    If any person carry any gun, pistol, bowie knife, dagger or other dangerous weapon, without good and sufficient reason, to a place of worship while a meeting for religious purposes is being held at such place he shall be guilty of a Class 4 misdemeanor.
    (Code 1950, 18.1-241; 1960, c. 358; 1962, c. 411; 1975, cc. 14, 15.)

http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp...0+cod+18.2-283

The language about good and sufficient reason is not very clear. Pro-gunners consider carrying for personal safety good and sufficient reason, whereas a cop or court might not.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Burying a friend today

For what it is worth, Virginia Attorney General Ken Cuccinelli has issued an opinion stating that self-defense is a good and sufficient reason. Note this is only an opinion and is not legally-binding.

http://images.bimedia.net/documents/...nsinchurch.pdf

As Citizen noted, it would come down to the officers and courts involved if there were an issue.
    Last edited by thebigsd; 01-27-2013 at 03:41 PM.
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

Re: Burying a friend today

Actually, it was just for Carolina that I wasn't familiar with. That, and maybe eating while I'm down here. Will post my experience of the day when we are done.

Condolences MP.
    It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Re: Burying a friend today

Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    Condolences MP.
    Thanks bud. It's sad, though I'm glad he's better off. Only 7 years older than me. Currently at MC Donalds, at the sons request in Roanoke Rapids. Saw a No conceal carry sign, but nothing about Open carry. Nothing said thus far. I only saw the sign, from taking trash to the bin.

Wasn't on the door I came in.