Thread: Someone shot in the arm outside Galleria Mall Jan 26, 2013

Someone shot in the arm outside Galleria Mall Jan 26, 2013

A guy apparently got into an argument with someone at the mall - the individual followed him outside the mall, shot several rounds, one of which hit the guy in the arm.

Even though this should justify our right to carry there even more, it will likely have the opposite effect.

Should we increase our presence there right away or lay low?

City? Who wants to live in a CITY?, Nevada, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by jdholmes View Post
    A guy apparently got into an argument with someone at the mall - the individual followed him outside the mall, shot several rounds, one of which hit the guy in the arm.

Even though this should justify our right to carry there even more, it will likely have the opposite effect.

When there's a fire, you add more fire extinguishers. Increase the presence, let the thugs know that they're outnumbered.

Banned
    ??? why do you think this incident matters?

Someone shot in the arm outside Galleria Mall Jan 26, 2013

Anytime there is an occurrence with a firearm in a place like a mall, it matters.

This is the kind of time that businesses tend to make new/more strict firearm policies.

This mall is five minutes from me - I would hate to see this event influence management to turn anti.
    Last edited by jdholmes; 01-27-2013 at 04:00 PM.

Punishing the wrong one

Honestly the right way to fight this is we need to start demanding that the wrong do'er is made the example of and is punished for the crime.

Fully making our stand that we do not support his actions as a gun supporting community and fully stand that his actions were wrong.

We do not settle petty disputes via guns ...... Period.........

We all need to be more politically involved in all wrong actions via guns as a community of Americans.

Use social media and local media to get the word out in a fair and just way.
    Last edited by Adam A Farley; 01-27-2013 at 04:13 PM.

Are you cops? Are you a lawfully constituted posse?

Oh! I get it. You just want to know if folks seeing the sudden appearance of bunches of law-abiding citizens peacefully open carrying handguns will calm the populace. Got it.

Allow me to suggest that instead you go picket in front of City Hall or Police Headquarters with signs demanding that the cops enforce the laws against shooting people. Alternatively, you could demand that the city/police provide free marksmanshp training so that when thugs feel the need to shoot someone they do not reklessly throw lead all over the place.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

I have open carried in that mall several times over the years. In many of the stores. Past both store security and Mall cops. With that said a few weeks ago I was ran out of the mall OCing. Had two non ľarmed mall cops tell me the mall does not allow firearms. I guess the guy that did this last shooting did not get the word.