• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Defending the consitution where to you stand

Firearms Iinstuctor

Posted 27 January 2013 23:16
Found this and thought it is interesting.

Defending the Constitution and the 2nd amendment.

Over the years I have heard many in the Gun Culture say they are ready to defend their rights.

The questions remain how and to what extent they are willing to go to.

1. There are many levels one can defend your rights. The simplest is talking to ones friends and telling them that their rights are being infringed. This is most likely the safest as very few will know of your activity and those that do are friendly to you.
2. Becoming a bit more active joining pro rights groups but not getting involved. Maybe sending them some money but not speaking out; letting the group speak out for you.
3. Not only joining the group but becoming involved going to meetings, writing letters, trying to make sure they are doing the right thing.
4. Becoming more visible. Writing letters, email, making phone calls to your representatives. Now the people in power know who you are, your address, your IP address, and phone number. If they are making a list you are on it for sure.
5. Attending events, carrying signs handing, out pro-gun literature. Now, not only do they have your address, they have your picture.
6. Open carry around your property, around your town where you are well known.
7. Open carry other places where the local LEO doesn’t know you.
8. Telling your local, state, national representatives and law enforcement you expect them to up hold the constitution’s
9. Holding them accountable for their actions, filming them, suing them, fighting them in court; risking jail time.
10. Next step? Active resistance? When will the government go too far?

Where is the line in the sand, where has the government broken the social contract once too often?

Civil disobedience is a dangerous step. One could lose everything, freedom, property, lively hood or your life.

Where are you in the continuum? How willing are you, how far have you planned to go?

As seen there are many different way and levels of fighting for ones rights. Where are you at? a no. 1 or a 4.5?

Do you see yourself turning in your guns and neighbor’s because they passed a law requiring you to and you believe in the law, because if the government passed it, it is right.

Do you plan on taking a more middle of the road position hiding your banned guns hoping some day you will be able to freely use them and pass them along?

Fighting as you always have writing letters asking your representatives and LEO to do the right thing? Hoping that your rights will be restored and we will win in the courts?

How long are you willing to wait for it to happen? Are you going to tell some about your hidden guns risking discovery or die and with no one knowing about them? Only to found at a later date and turned in for destruction by someone who knows that they are contraband.

You might not take up arms but are willing to feed information to the resistance. That could be very useful. Some steps you take with less risk. You know that your neighbor is part of the anti-gun movement and has been active in suppressing your rights. Letting it be known what his address his and type of make and color his vehicle is and what time he comes and goes.

Would you be willing to leave a box of ammo or a firearm where the resistance just will happen to find it?

Let some you know that you heard where the next raids or road blocks will be. Or just not inform and collect the reward money that would make your life easier.

Are you a member of the military or law enforcement willing to up hold your oath of office? Provide valuable information to the resistance.

Or disobey unlawful orders? Provide arms and other equipment that could aid the resistance. Doing your part for the for the resistance. risking your career, freedom property and life

Are you one that is going to take a very active part in the resistance? Have you made plans, stored arms away from your residence so you always have something to fight with? Trained, practice developed trust worthy relationships. Know who can trust and who you cannot.

You know that if and when the government goes too far that. That it is time to take the fight to them instead of letting them bring the fight to you. Are willing to sacrifice it all your property, your money, your family, your freedom and life like the founding fathers and patriots did in the past.

We all have decision’s to make and decide what risks we are willing take and what one is willing to give up to maintain the freedoms we have in this country.

Where do you stand and what are you willing to do and risk.

Feel free to copy and post any place you want.

A PATROIT

Adam A Farley

Where I stand

For me, the right to defend our lives and way of life is a right that we all have given by god.

Gun control is Somthing that needs approached in a way that keeps guns and rights in the right hands. Keeping guns out of the wrong hands. Removing guns from the right hands in the name of the right thing to do just defies all logic.

I feel our governments do not spend time talking about the real issues.

Moral & legal responsibilities of gun ownership

Dealing with ones emotions in a responsible way that does not intel the use of a gun to settle disputes

Dealing with life threatening events in a way that saves and protects lives

Training and familiarity of your weapons to the point it becomes second nature

Talking about and dealing with mental health issues

Common respect of law enforcements roll in our lives and gun ownership

These are the things that matter and make a difference, what the government is doing is a clear we see you all as children and shall treat you as such.

Our responsibilities as activists is to keep setting a good example. Continue getting the word out there in the right way. Keep ecucating in the right way.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
I think the essay in the OP misses the mark on a couple very important points, and is a little disjointed for it.

First, the reader has to decide whether he intends to do something about it (rights violations). Then comes the question of what to do about it.

Second, knowing which rights are being violated is a huge part of the picture. The author merely touches on this with indirect reference to defending the constitution and the words social contract. Thus, educating oneself about rights is perhaps the first and most important thing many, many people can do. For example, we hear lots and lots of voices arguing stridently against anti-gun measures. But, so what? The government long ago figured out it could bleed us dry as long as it left our guns alone. When was the last time you heard or read an analysis of your economic rights? Yeah, your economic rights? For example, your right to stable money which derives from your right to property? Property rights are barely mentioned at all in the constitution. Stable money is hinted at in the constitution, but very few people today understand money well enough to be able to recognize and put their foot down against abuses.

The cop who decides not to participate in a gun confiscation is far, far from defending rights--lots of other rights are already shredded. If his line in the sand is gun-confiscation, he's leaving the government tremendous room to chisel, whittle, and usurp.

I think learning about rights is the most important point. And, beyond those mentioned in the Bill of Rights. A good place to start is libertarians. You may or may not agree with what they say; but at least they'll tell you all your rights. Then you can pick and choose according to taste or conscience.

So, a reader can start doing something right now. Just google the Mises Institute or Lew Rockwell's blog. One can also check out the Cato Institute, but would want to be a little careful because they recently had a management upheaval and seem to have a aquired a bit of a statist bent.

Then, he can start telling friends, neighbors, and family about rights they didn't even know they had which government has already trampled.

He can still draw his line in the sand. He can still work with other 2A activitsts on self-defense rights. But, the game is much, much bigger than just gun rights. What's the point of waiting until government comes for the guns if the government wrecks the rest of life's opportunities?

Last edited:

CDT COX

I've taken an oath to support and defend the Constitution. I am a man of my words.

eye95

I am a level 9. I have done everything in those first 9 steps.

Step 10 is all that is left. I sincerely hope it never comes to that. Of late, hope dwindles.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

Firearms Iinstuctor

I am a level 9. I have done everything in those first 9 steps.

Step 10 is all that is left. I sincerely hope it never comes to that. Of late, hope dwindles.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

I think a lot of people are making plans.

Hopefully some that are in the lower numbers will move up a few.

motoxmann

I'm in the beginning stages of 9. I'm hoping I will not have to proceed further, but I will definitely proceed past 9 if it becomes necessary. I also swear to defend the constitution