Thread: citizens against senseless violence

citizens against senseless violence

hav'nt seen this video on the board. thought you guys might enjoy it.

i know you will want to throw up for the first few moments but watch it you will learn

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=wt1Zy_ASNyA
    Luke 22:36 ; 36Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

"guns are like a Parachute, if you don't have one when you need it, you will not need one again"
    - unknown

i you call a CHP a CCW then you are really stupid. period.

It's been making the rounds of the intertubes. Much hilarity when anti-gunners decline the chance to have a sign saying "There Are No Guns Her" put on their lawn.

Also some nice shots of anti-gunners being protected by guys with guns (1 cop and a few not-cops).

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Quote Originally Posted by papa bear View Post
    hav'nt seen this video on the board. thought you guys might enjoy it.

i know you will want to throw up for the first few moments but watch it you will learn

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=wt1Zy_ASNyA
    This video makes me believe that we could organize a "Yes Man" style operation about guns. http://theyesmen.org/

We'll need fact checkers, a webmaster/designer, a phone number, an address for our "Headquarters," and a name for our "anti-gun" group.

Citizens Against Gun Violence

Grannies Against Guns (GAG)

Let's get creative and go over the top.
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

I'm all for citizens being against senseless violence. heck, I'm against senseless violence. I wonder if citizens are for violence that make sense.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Banned
    Not totally naked, but scantily-clad link. Anyway, after reading skid's post, I know that I don't need to follow the link. It has already been posted on OCDO in another thread.

However, I wanted to comment on the name of the "group." Yeah, I know it was a name mocking the real names of such groups, but it is exemplary of the names of those kinds of groups. These names imply that, if you do not agree with the purposes of the group, somehow your are against the principle in their group's name. However, if a group truly were against senseless violence, they would support sensible violence put up against the senseless violence, such as an armed homeowner shooting a thug who senselessly broke in and would surely have committed senseless violence, or an armed teacher at Sandy Hook who would have sensibly violenced the hell out of that school shooter before he could have senselessly violenced our innocent children.

I am a charter member of Citizens for Sensible Violence!

Really,,,, Well,,,,

[QUOTE=eye95;1888742]Not totally naked, but scantily-clad link. Anyway, after reading skid's post, I know that I don't need to follow the link. It has already been posted on OCDO in another thread.

However, I wanted to comment on the name of the "group." Yeah, I know it was a name mocking the real names of such groups, but it is exemplary of the names of those kinds of groups. These names imply that, if you do not agree with the purposes of the group, somehow your are against the principle in their group's name. However, if a group truly were against senseless violence, they would support sensible violence put up against the senseless violence, such as an armed homeowner shooting a thug who senselessly broke in and would surely have committed senseless violence, or an armed teacher at Sandy Hook who would have sensibly violenced the hell out of that school shooter before he could have senselessly violenced our innocent children.

I am a charter member of Citizens for Sensible Violence![/QUOTE]

OMG,,,, Thank you,, your post is SOOO Right!!!
    I Just DID LOL,,,, a lot!!!!
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

It may be appropriate to quote Robert L. Heinlien about now

Those who cling to the untrue doctrine that violence never settles anything would be advised to conjure up the ghosts of Napoleon Bonaparte and of the Duke of Wellington and let them debate it. The ghost of Hitler could referee, and the jury might well be the Dodo, the Great Auk, and the Passenger Pigeon. Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion is wishful thinking at its worst. Nations and peoples who forget this basic truth have always paid for it with their lives and freedoms. Robert A. Heinlein
    AUDE VIDE TACE

Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    I wonder if citizens are for violence that make sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    I am a charter member of Citizens for Sensible Violence!
    I believe that violence should be met with extreme prejudice. Therefore, I, too, would like to enter the "group". If I bring violence on you, it will be very sensible. Citizens for Sensible Violence........it just sounds right.
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

seems to me you can tell who hasn't watched the video
    Luke 22:36 ; 36Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

"guns are like a Parachute, if you don't have one when you need it, you will not need one again"
    - unknown

i you call a CHP a CCW then you are really stupid. period.