• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

citizens against senseless violence

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
It's been making the rounds of the intertubes. Much hilarity when anti-gunners decline the chance to have a sign saying "There Are No Guns Her" put on their lawn.

Also some nice shots of anti-gunners being protected by guys with guns (1 cop and a few not-cops).

stay safe.

Freedom1Man

hav'nt seen this video on the board. thought you guys might enjoy it.

i know you will want to throw up for the first few moments but watch it you will learn

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=wt1Zy_ASNyA

This video makes me believe that we could organize a "Yes Man" style operation about guns. http://theyesmen.org/

We'll need fact checkers, a webmaster/designer, a phone number, an address for our "Headquarters," and a name for our "anti-gun" group.

Citizens Against Gun Violence

Grannies Against Guns (GAG)

Let's get creative and go over the top.

OC for ME

I'm all for citizens being against senseless violence. heck, I'm against senseless violence. I wonder if citizens are for violence that make sense.

eye95

Not totally naked, but scantily-clad link. Anyway, after reading skid's post, I know that I don't need to follow the link. It has already been posted on OCDO in another thread.

However, I wanted to comment on the name of the "group." Yeah, I know it was a name mocking the real names of such groups, but it is exemplary of the names of those kinds of groups. These names imply that, if you do not agree with the purposes of the group, somehow your are against the principle in their group's name. However, if a group truly were against senseless violence, they would support sensible violence put up against the senseless violence, such as an armed homeowner shooting a thug who senselessly broke in and would surely have committed senseless violence, or an armed teacher at Sandy Hook who would have sensibly violenced the hell out of that school shooter before he could have senselessly violenced our innocent children.

I am a charter member of Citizens for Sensible Violence!

1245A Defender

Really,,,, Well,,,,

Not totally naked, but scantily-clad link. Anyway, after reading skid's post, I know that I don't need to follow the link. It has already been posted on OCDO in another thread.

However, I wanted to comment on the name of the "group." Yeah, I know it was a name mocking the real names of such groups, but it is exemplary of the names of those kinds of groups. These names imply that, if you do not agree with the purposes of the group, somehow your are against the principle in their group's name. However, if a group truly were against senseless violence, they would support sensible violence put up against the senseless violence, such as an armed homeowner shooting a thug who senselessly broke in and would surely have committed senseless violence, or an armed teacher at Sandy Hook who would have sensibly violenced the hell out of that school shooter before he could have senselessly violenced our innocent children.

I am a charter member of Citizens for Sensible Violence![/QUOTE]

OMG,,,, Thank you,, your post is SOOO Right!!!
I Just DID LOL,,,, a lot!!!!

SavageOne

It may be appropriate to quote Robert L. Heinlien about now

Those who cling to the untrue doctrine that violence never settles anything would be advised to conjure up the ghosts of Napoleon Bonaparte and of the Duke of Wellington and let them debate it. The ghost of Hitler could referee, and the jury might well be the Dodo, the Great Auk, and the Passenger Pigeon. Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion is wishful thinking at its worst. Nations and peoples who forget this basic truth have always paid for it with their lives and freedoms. Robert A. Heinlein

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
I wonder if citizens are for violence that make sense.

I am a charter member of Citizens for Sensible Violence!

I believe that violence should be met with extreme prejudice. Therefore, I, too, would like to enter the "group". If I bring violence on you, it will be very sensible. Citizens for Sensible Violence........it just sounds right.