Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: disorderly conduct

Angry disorderly conduct

Garden city came with 4 officers detained me, disarmed me, handcuffed me and walked me out of fred meyers on no grounds (except calls for man with gun). They tried fishing for a disorderly conduct charge for me doing my shopping. I dont feel i was in any violation of the law.

"4-12-4 DISORDERLY CONDUCT Any person who shall commit any violent, noisy, or riotous conduct, or who shall use any profane, abusive or obscene language, or in any way commit a breach of the peace, or do anything that shall be dangerous to the inhabitants of the city shall be deemed guilty of a misdemeanor. A violation may include, but not be limited to, the following: A. Accosting other persons or person in any public place or in any place open to the public for the purpose of begging or soliciting alms; or B. Occupying, lodging or sleeping in any building, structure or place, whether public or private, or any automobile, truck, railroad car or other similar vehicles or equipment without the permission of the owner or person entitled to the possession or in control thereof; or C. Loitering, prowling or wandering upon the private property of another without lawful business, permission or invitation by the owner or the lawful occupants thereof; or D. Wilfully fleeing or attempting to elude a police officer after being lawfully ordered to stop by an identified peace officer of the state of Idaho. (Ord. 629, 10-11-1994)"

I think my next step tomorrow is to go in file paperwork for audio transcripts and then file a complaint. The superior officer was the biggest ******* cop ive ever encountered.

I would recommend not saying anything else online and contact a lawyer immediately. They would better know what options are available to you. I am sure those more knowledgable than I will probably be around soon with some more advice.

Note: Fred Meyer follows state law, if you are lawful outside the store on the street then you are ok inside FM.
    Search the forums, someone else has posted FM corporate's policy response.
    Unless FM staff (against corporate policy) asked you to leave and you didn't (trespass) then you have a solid case.

Armed grocery shopping is legal, not disorderly conduct.

Good luck & keep us posted with updates.
    "Guns are not the problem … crazy is the problem” ... “We cannot legislate our society to the craziest amongst us.” - Jon Stewart
    “I do not love the bright sword for it's sharpness, nor the arrow for it's swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend." - Tolkien

thats what i thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Sega View Post
    Note: Fred Meyer follows state law, if you are lawful outside the store on the street then you are ok inside FM.
    Search the forums, someone else has posted FM corporate's policy response.
    Unless FM staff (against corporate policy) asked you to leave and you didn't (trespass) then you have a solid case.

Armed grocery shopping is legal, not disorderly conduct.

Good luck & keep us posted with updates.
    How would one maybe go about contacting whom it may concern at FMabout this? Or is that something that i should do.

I did a web search for Fred Meyer public affairs.
    Found Fred Meyer customer comments page for requesting corporate policy.

Comments/Questions page LINK

Main FM page LINK

Also see: Kroger (FM) responce to another member's policy question LINK

As of 24 May, 2010:
    Dear *******

Thank you for your inquiry.

Fred Meyer has stores in Alaska, Idaho, Oregon and Washington. All four states allow for open carry with some restrictions to jails, courthouses, airports, schools, etc, but have no restrictions to other public places.

Our current policy is that we follow state law and allow open carry of a firearm.

Sincerely,

Patricia Ann Robb
    Consumer Affairs

Reference: 8986048
    "Guns are not the problem … crazy is the problem” ... “We cannot legislate our society to the craziest amongst us.” - Jon Stewart
    “I do not love the bright sword for it's sharpness, nor the arrow for it's swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend." - Tolkien

Re: disorderly conduct

Sounds like another customer obviously uneducated got nervous and hit 911 on their cell phone. The cops handled that poorly for sure. I hope something good comes out of this.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

Just contacted the Garden City Police in Idaho. They would not allow me to have any information of why they handcuffed, detained, disarmed, and try to charge him of DC. They said, that he was "creating a disturbance", but I explain to the Sgt that it is a constitutional Right in Idaho. Yet, the Sgt gave me an attitude is was not willing to share what happen and the information will only be allow to the original person. I was unable to get any solid info from the police. I wish you had recorded the event.

Also, I was informed by the police, that man was bearing a certain firearm was ban from Fredmeyer at that specific store.

What were you carrying?

recorder. thats on my list.

Wish i had a recorder there. And the srg. Informed me when i was uncuffed im no longer allowed to patron the store. Never had any contact with a manager. Step one??? Complain to FM? Or i guess i should get a lawyer. But they cost green i dont have

What were you carrying and how?

Banned
    Were you actually charged with anything?

I'm amazed LEOs are pulling this crap in Idaho.

I guess a Statist is a Statist no matter where they live.

I'm starting to guess open carry of an AK in a manner of showing an attitude.

carry choice

SA XD40 SC
    RRA LAR-15
    Like i carry in my home town with no problems other than the initial contact with leo. At least they were respectful in oregon.

attitude

Quote Originally Posted by carracer View Post
    I'm starting to guess open carry of an AK in a manner of showing an attitude.
    If me envoking my rights to not say anything besides i do not consent to search or disarmament. And politely saying i refuse to answer any questions after in handcuffs and standing in the friged cold Means i had an attitude well i guess i did then. But i dont see how my rights to silence make me rude.

Banned
    Maybe Warren can chime in on this, but I don't think he even carries his AR into a place of business.

I guess the guy who made news at JC Penny's didn't get hassled.

Just contacted Fredmeyer at Garden City Idaho. They never called the police or even demanded him to leave, also, there where no such trespass by the store whatsoever. The Sgt. had lied to me over the phone, by stating the store no longer accepts him. The manager even stated he was carry a firearm, but was not threatening anyone and was being pleasant to everyone. He also stated, he is welcome back at any time. hmm...

Ahh! Starting to get some things put together. Sounds like all the attitude is from Garden City PD. That would be typical as I think they have a littleman syndrome being next to Boise but not part of the big city.

Still haven't answered my question tho, What were you carrying and how?

If I informed what he carried, then this thread might get lock by "you know who".

Anyways, I have inform the person to contact the Sheriff and have that department
    retrieve the footage, since the manager stated that is the only way.

Well, I guess when you open carry the type of firearm that is not the type this forum is devoted to with the intent of drawing attention then you get what you are looking for.

That is what you were looking for wasn't it? Testing the waters, so to speak, in Idaho?

I'm perfectly fine with oc of the * guns when actually carried with a legitimate purpose. Self defense included. "Testing the waters" is not a legitimate purpose in my opinion.

I'm also not ok with cuffing, detaining and lying to a citizen that is doing nothing unlawful.

My opinion is both parties were equal in their participation.

Well, I guess when you open carry the type of firearm that is not the type this forum is devoted to with the intent of drawing attention then you get what you are looking for.

That is what you were looking for wasn't it? Testing the waters, so to speak, in Idaho?

I'm perfectly fine with oc of the * guns when actually carried with a legitimate purpose. Self defense included. "Testing the waters" is not a legitimate purpose in my opinion.

I'm also not ok with cuffing, detaining and lying to a citizen that is doing nothing unlawful.

My opinion is both parties were equal in their participation.
    I have to agree with this post. And since it is plainly expressed in forum rules that this forum is dedicated to open carry of pistols (except in CA) then who cares if this thread is locked by you know who. Not sure what you've heard about Nampa, but I don't feel the need to carry a pistol and AR to assure my safety.

grew up here

I grew up in nampa then moved to boise area untill graduating school and i left. I behave this exact way in oregon and when i come to visit family i am not going to change my ways. Its not about the weapon its about my legal rights. This could have easily been an AR pistol and i would have still carried. I carry the way i carry and i know i was not breaking any laws nor was i being grumpy or rude. I had a smile on my face and i looked good :-)

Quote Originally Posted by nny420 View Post
    I grew up in nampa then moved to boise area untill graduating school and i left. I behave this exact way in oregon and when i come to visit family i am not going to change my ways. Its not about the weapon its about my legal rights. This could have easily been an AR pistol and i would have still carried. I carry the way i carry and i know i was not breaking any laws nor was i being grumpy or rude. I had a smile on my face and i looked good :-)
    So, do you wear it on your back when riding in the car? Or do you have to shoulder it up every time you get out?
    I suspect you will soon get tired of the hassle of gearing up all the time.

I respect the right you have to carry the l*** gun. I don't respect the purpose you have chosen.

Sorry, just me.

On another note, the long gun carriers at the Capital building on the 19th were a wonderful bunch of folks. I am sure you are also. Especially when you mentioned not being grumpy or rude.
    Last edited by carracer; 01-28-2013 at 07:41 PM.

great conversation

Had a great conversation with the stor manager. He assured me they want me to shop there and dont care what i carry. The police lie.

vehicle

So, do you wear it on your back when riding in the car? Or do you have to shoulder it up every time you get out?
    I suspect you will soon get tired of the hassle of gearing up all the time.
    I drive comfortably geared up :-)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast