• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

How stupid were the antis at the capitol today

davidmcbeth

Banned
How'd it go there today? I couldn't make it (stupid job :p)

Freaking terrible. I got there at 9am to sign up. Only 2 metal detectors ... had to wait in the cold until 9:30 when line started to move at a snail's pace. Got into the bldg at 10:15am...got to metal detectors (no beep) @ 10:25pm ... then the trouble started as I had my briefcase with me with some small office equipment contained within it.

They asked me what the equipment was ... I told 'em I felt that I did not have to answer a freaking set of interrogatories to gain entry. The cop kept on asking me again and again and I refused to answer (its just a handheld scanner duh). Another female cop came over and said "that's a scanner" to the idiot cop who was starting to piss me off. So, he found out what it was so everything was OK, right? Think again ... he demanded that I answer his questions.

I told him he cannot force me to answer his questions that he already knows the answer to and to either a) let me pass or b) arrest me .... he did neither and refused me entry. I asked him what he thought was hazardous...no reply.

Anyway, I sneaked in later...yeah, their security is top notch there. And I left for a FIC hearing across the street and then went back after that hearing. Into the over-flow room...(no briefcase needed...put in my car after the FIC hearing).

I did ask several cops in the capitol building if they were willing to bust into people's houses to steal guns ... none said no, many refused to answer, and some said "sure".

But the turn out was large, mostly pro-gun to my estimate (about 70/30).

Had a male teacher in front of me waiting in line saying that guns are the problem & I told him, no -- the doors into the schools are a problem. He agreed this should be improved but was still demanding that guns be outlawed. I suggested he come over to my house to get mine ... he declined.

I dusted off my old field jacket (luckily-it was cold and snowy) !

I saw a few activity duty guys and many vets there ... none were an anti !

I told one anti (idiot youthful female) that my squadrons have killed thousands and tens of thousands of children -- and they got medals !! Just to shake her cage...she was aghast. She has never seen dead children before ... I guess.

Not to many libertarians there, although some that I could hook up with and talk libertarian stuff with...that was nice.

I snarled at all the antis "rrr-uff ruff!"

Most all pro-gunners indicated that they would not be turning in their magazines under any circumstances ...

robo44

Freaking terrible. I got there at 9am to sign up. Only 2 metal detectors ... had to wait in the cold until 9:30 when line started to move at a snail's pace. Got into the bldg at 10:15am...got to metal detectors (no beep) @ 10:25pm ... then the trouble started as I had my briefcase with me with some small office equipment contained within it.

They asked me what the equipment was ... I told 'em I felt that I did not have to answer a freaking set of interrogatories to gain entry. The cop kept on asking me again and again and I refused to answer (its just a handheld scanner duh). Another female cop came over and said "that's a scanner" to the idiot cop who was starting to piss me off. So, he found out what it was so everything was OK, right? Think again ... he demanded that I answer his questions.

I told him he cannot force me to answer his questions that he already knows the answer to and to either a) let me pass or b) arrest me .... he did neither and refused me entry. I asked him what he thought was hazardous...no reply.

Anyway, I sneaked in later...yeah, their security is top notch there. And I left for a FIC hearing across the street and then went back after that hearing. Into the over-flow room...(no briefcase needed...put in my car after the FIC hearing).

I did ask several cops in the capitol building if they were willing to bust into people's houses to steal guns ... none said no, many refused to answer, and some said "sure".

But the turn out was large, mostly pro-gun to my estimate (about 70/30).

Had a male teacher in front of me waiting in line saying that guns are the problem & I told him, no -- the doors into the schools are a problem. He agreed this should be improved but was still demanding that guns be outlawed. I suggested he come over to my house to get mine ... he declined.

I dusted off my old field jacket (luckily-it was cold and snowy) !

I saw a few activity duty guys and many vets there ... none were an anti !

I told one anti (idiot youthful female) that my squadrons have killed thousands and tens of thousands of children -- and they got medals !! Just to shake her cage...she was aghast. She has never seen dead children before ... I guess.

Not to many libertarians there, although some that I could hook up with and talk libertarian stuff with...that was nice.

I snarled at all the antis "rrr-uff ruff!"

Most all pro-gunners indicated that they would not be turning in their magazines under any circumstances ...

You handled yourself horribly. Comments like that are why the antis hate gun owners. Take the high road and conduct yourself with some professionalism and come to the argument with a well thought out intelligent position. You hurt the cause.

davidmcbeth

Banned
You handled yourself horribly. Comments like that are why the antis hate gun owners. Take the high road and conduct yourself with some professionalism and come to the argument with a well thought out intelligent position. You hurt the cause.

That's not the feedback I got from the other pro-gunners in the viewing room .. perhaps you should have been there.

And no, I am not going to be nice to antis... "professionalism"? What does that mean..I did not get paid to go down there.

Intelligent positions are irrelevant with many antis .. I provide facts and argument ...

The antis can go pound sand ... they cannot change the constitution.

I'll leave it to you beg with them to change their minds ... it worked out well in Nazi Germany

Last edited:

Ctclassic

Robo44.....I couldn't agree more with your comment regarding this........person. The more I read what this dude writes ( throughout the other states too ) the more I understand we need to look at mental health, and soon.

Way to go David, I bet your really proud of the way you handled yourself today. BTW, what is it you do for a living ? I'd like to go there and give you a hard time, and see how that works for you.

davidmcbeth

Banned
Robo44.....I couldn't agree more with your comment regarding this........person. The more I read what this dude writes ( throughout the other states too ) the more I understand we need to look at mental health, and soon.

Way to go David, I bet your really proud of the way you handled yourself today. BTW, what is it you do for a living ? I'd like to go there and give you a hard time, and see how that works for you.

Were you there? Ah, no. I handled myself just fine ... people in the viewing room liked me smacking down the antis ... I did it with facts and logical conclusions ..

And I agree, mental health is a serious issue .. how many "pro-gun" people think that they need to cow-tow to the antis is one subject that should be examined.

I do not need approval of my actions from people who believe that being sensitive to antis is the method that will yield desirable results.

What do I do for a living? I convert ADP to ATP and back ...

What do you do?

Also, I grew up in the midwest ... see this video, these folks are my kinda people ... not these "oh, I might make someone feel bad or sad" Connecticutians (?)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7C44B55YYLQ

Last edited:

motoxmann

What do I do for a living? I convert ADP to ATP and back ...

lol, I'll have to remember this one. adenosine triphosphate and diphosphate, intracellular energy transfer :p

While I do disagree with a lot of David's unorthodoxed methods, I don't think everything he does in the gun community is wrong

CTSurvivor

1. This is exactly why I don't post much... so I don't get trolled by him and his ludicrous comments.
2. These are the obvious reasons why he has so many permit issues.
3. People like this who say dumb stuff like that embarrass people like us.

davidmcbeth

Banned
1. This is exactly why I don't post much... so I don't get trolled by him and his ludicrous comments.
3. People like this who say dumb stuff like that embarrass people like us.

Why would you be embarrassed? Look, I don't make you feel embarrassed. I cannot make you feel anything ... you emote this from yourself.

If you want to be a troll like others, go ahead.

And saying I'm ludicrous ? I've been called that before when I was selling handguns to Chicago folks ... called that by democrats.

If you have an issue with my viewpoints then argue the point. The drivel you posted here is pointless.

Perhaps I know a tiny bit more about firearms issues than you do.

And what was "dumb" that I said? You don't quote anything. That's dumb.

What's your level of education?

Last edited:

Ctclassic

Dave, I am again lowering myself to your level by answering you. but you asked where I was yesterday, I was working, driving a big orange plow truck on the highways throwing salt down to get you and the anti's azz' to and from the capitol safely. You see, I have an financial obligation to my family first.

I have not, and will not watch your video, and if you don't like CT, move back to the Midwest, I'm sure they would take you back, or not.

Lastly Dave, I've asked you before several times, why is it your not a FFL dealer anymore....please advise.

CTSurvivor---Your right, I refuse to answer this idiot anymore.

Last edited:

davidmcbeth

Banned
I was working, driving a big orange plow truck on the highways throwing salt down to get you and the anti's azz' to and from the capitol safely.

Lastly Dave, I've asked you before several times, why is it your not a FFL dealer anymore....please advise.

OK, hold on der, don't sideswipe me with your plow.

I held a ffl for many years ... I came to CT and started my business up again as a "kitchen table" dealer. But in my area, there was just not the enthusiasm for guns as in my previous location ... I pretty much thought that starting a brick and motor establishment here would be a money pit .. bye bye money ! And I like my money, so I just turned in my ffl.

I am a libertarian ... so I likely have/am: a) money b) a college degree(s)
c) is handsome d) politically active e) likes pizza f) is not afraid to speak my mind

I'm an American stuck in Connecticut !

davidmcbeth

Banned

My permit issues are strictly a legal argument:

Can the state require what they ask and require for to get a permit?

I say no .... the state says yes.

I anticipate a court case.

When they ask for something and you believe it cannot be required, do you give it?
That's up to you. But you should understand the reasons why that some won't.

Many people own pistols but don't have permits? Why is that? Some probably think the permit process is not right. Would you agree?

SPOProds

David, we agree on most things, not so much on some, but this i COMMEND you. Sensitivity isn't going to help Jack shat.

How much lube do some of you bring to these hearings? Let go off your ankles, stop bending over and stand up.

SPOProds

I held a ffl for many years ... I came to CT and started my business up again as a "kitchen table" dealer. But in my area, there was just not the enthusiasm for guns as in my previous location

How did you obtain an FFL in CT without a permit?

SPOProds

I just applied ... must not be necessary...I already had a ffl so I just transferred its location...but still had to go through all the hoops with locals...there's "tricks" to get around stuff

Just because i happen to have an application on me. Question 23-C.

vuzurada.jpg

Then this CT state law
Paraphrased: "no person may sell at retail without an eligibility certificate or pistol permit"

http://search.cga.state.ct.us/dtsearch_pub_statutes.html

Do you have an EC?

davidmcbeth

Banned
Just because i happen to have an application on me. Question 23-C.

vuzurada.jpg

Then this CT state law
Paraphrased: "no person may sell at retail without an eligibility certificate or pistol permit"

http://search.cga.state.ct.us/dtsearch_pub_statutes.html

Do you have an EC?

Nope ... neither pistol or EC ... had no problem-o getting my ffl

I would doubt it would effect a re-application.

The feds cannot force you to get a permit ... I think they are just highlighting that the ffl is more strict than a local permit (which it is).

Since my ffl was turned in I have not gotten even a speeding ticket (well, that I was guilty on -- I got one speeding ticket but fought it and won my case in middletown about 5 yrs ago)..